Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 130
  1. #101  
    This CAB file is great, however I seem to have lost access to my WiFi card. I removed the CAB and my WiFi card came up. Any idea what this newbie can do?
  2. #102  
    Bit of a newbie here. I can't overwrite the sdbus.dll in my windows folder. Tried from computer and pda. Any suggestions?

    Thanks
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhb4300 View Post
    I used this on my treo 700wx and it works. I have a 8GB SDHC card.

    Thank You so much!
    Which brand of card are you using? I just installed the .cab file on my new out of the box Sprint 700wx, and it works fine with the 4gb Patriot SDHC card. I can also still see older non-SDHC cards as well. Everything seems to work as well as it did before. Great update.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  4. cotys's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #104  
    I've been running a 4GB SDHC card for about 5 or 6 months on my 700wx. After updating to Sprint 1.15 I've been fighting 2 issues.

    1. My card disappears on a regular basis. I've tried the registry update and the app that updates the registry, no good for me.
    2. Lockups, every couple of days. Some days it would lock up 3 or 4 times. The last straw was when I was traveling and my wife tried to call me in an emergency. My phone had been locked up several hours and I didn't realize it.


    I did a hard reset and slowly rebuilt my standard apps. When problems started happening, I began removing apps. It ended up being the HTC SDHC driver causing the two problems.

    Bummer - I'm not much of a music person. I run GPS maps and listen to a lot of podcasts. I'm limited to a 2GB card now.

    I've been running for 2 weeks now with no lost SD card and not a single lockup. It may be my hardware or some combination of applications.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by t63094 View Post
    Bit of a newbie here. I can't overwrite the sdbus.dll in my windows folder. Tried from computer and pda. Any suggestions?
    I'm seeing the same issue. I'm not able to copy the suggested DLL's into the \Windows folder. Any help would be great. Thanks.

    Edit: I stopped at the file rename process altogether (so I only installed the SDHC.cab file), and the card is still being correctly recognized as a 4GB. I've not filled up the card yet, but so far it's looking good.
    Last edited by yoeleven; 05/15/2008 at 06:29 PM.
  6. #106  
    I was struggling to get my new 4GB Kingston MiniSD card to work. At first it didn't work with my phone or my SD card on my laptop.

    The cab file sdhc.cab that I got off this thread made it work on my phone.

    And Microsoft has an update so that SD HC cards will recognize. The file that I downloaded is WindowsXP-KB934428-v3-x86-ENU.exe. Just type in KB934428 in google and you will get it. After installing this update and restarting it works fine.

    Thanks for the info on this thread, it was very helpful.

    - Ain
  7. #107  
    Just an FYI: PNY Optima 4GB 2pk Secure Digital™ High Capacity Class 4 Flash Memory Card works fine with .cab install on Verizon Treo700wx.

    More specific: purchased at staples.
  8. #108  
    What are you using to load it? I have tried using active sync but no good, i have a 8gb sdhc and would like to be able to use it on my treo Sprint 700wx update 1.15..
  9. #109  
    4GB is the highest supported size AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    4GB is the highest supported size AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    I believe Ebag is right, but you could always partition your 8GB card into 2-4GB partitions. Instructions here --> http://www.pocketpc-live.com/pocket-...-sd-cards.html

    To help with the actual installation. I only ever installed the sdhc.cab file attached in the original post of this thread. Download straight to your phone, run the cab, reset, Voila. I actually incorporated this into my custom ROM and it works like a friggin' charm.
  11. #111  
    Yeah, That's exactly what I did.

    HOWEVER... new observation. After getting my Treo back up to par with my previous configuration I noticed a horrific battery drain. Typically, a full day I can come home and have about 80-60% left on the battery. When I did the upgrade, I made it home with 5-10% left on the battery.

    Could be the battery, or something I installed, so I put the 2GB SD card back in and re-intalled everything once more. Went the entire day and returned home with a strong 80% on the battery. Didn't do much but check/respond to emails.

    Now, I'm not making any conclusions to the hack, just merely pointing out that something changed and sucked the life out of my treo.

    Really wanting the 4GB SDHC to work, I might try the setup again and double check to make sure there are no miscellaneous events going on.

    BLAH!
  12. #112  
    Make sure you use it for an extended period of time before assuming it's a program that caused the drain.

    There have been plenty of days where I thought that something was wrong because my battery drained way faster than normal. Turns out they were usually caused by something I did (IE: left something connected, forgot to turn off the phone, talked more than usual, etc).
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysier View Post
    Yeah, That's exactly what I did.

    HOWEVER... new observation. After getting my Treo back up to par with my previous configuration I noticed a horrific battery drain. Typically, a full day I can come home and have about 80-60% left on the battery. When I did the upgrade, I made it home with 5-10% left on the battery.

    Could be the battery, or something I installed, so I put the 2GB SD card back in and re-intalled everything once more. Went the entire day and returned home with a strong 80% on the battery. Didn't do much but check/respond to emails.

    Now, I'm not making any conclusions to the hack, just merely pointing out that something changed and sucked the life out of my treo.

    Really wanting the 4GB SDHC to work, I might try the setup again and double check to make sure there are no miscellaneous events going on.

    BLAH!
    If you are really only after a bigger card, the Treo will do up to a 4GB standard SD card all day long with no problems. The cards can still be had online.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Make sure you use it for an extended period of time before assuming it's a program that caused the drain.

    There have been plenty of days where I thought that something was wrong because my battery drained way faster than normal. Turns out they were usually caused by something I did (IE: left something connected, forgot to turn off the phone, talked more than usual, etc).

    I did make one change and that was making sure that anything on the today screen was installed on the main memory. I think I had newsreader or weather on the SD card. This made for a delay upon power up and might have been why the battery was drained so quickly. Now, it seems to be working fine with one exception.

    All of a sudden, my storage card won't exist. I'll restart, and viola, it's back. But as far as memory drain, it seems to be corrected. I would note however, that with those two apps on the 2gb storage card, I didn't experienced such a tax on the battery.

    ~Dysier
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
    What are you using to load it? I have tried using active sync but no good, i have a 8gb sdhc and would like to be able to use it on my treo Sprint 700wx update 1.15..
    The largest you can use with the HTC file is a 4gb card. I tried an 8gb and it only saw 4gb.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    The largest you can use with the HTC file is a 4gb card. I tried an 8gb and it only saw 4gb.
    Partition it.
  17. #117  
    What did you use to load the file onto your phone. I have a Treao 700wx with layest 1.15 software update but having problem loading sdhc cab. Anyone thta can tell me what to use other than active sync or am i doing something wrong and active sync will work? t/y in advance
  18. #118  
    You can email it to your phone.
  19. #119  
    Just thought I would add my experience to the topic...

    I installed these drivers on my 700w for use with a 4gb SDHC card. It worked (unfortunately the card was defective though). Got a stardard 2gb SD card and the phone would not recognise it. I had to uninstall the SDHC drivers to get the regular SD to work.
  20. #120  
    You should not need to uninstall the drivers for the regular SD to work. Both SDHC and non-SDHC will work with these drivers.

    Cheap card?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions