Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    What is everyone's general consensus as to whether or not the 700wx will have the capability to read higher capacity cards at some point?
    I'm not holding my breath, but the developers here have demonstrated their resourcefulness on plenty of occasions.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    8GB card not reading in the PPC 6700, WM6 device. Only reads 4GB. I figured if I formatted it into two partitions it would have same result as mentioned before.

Anyone have a PPC6800 with an 8GB card?
    Okay so update:

No huge surprise here. Info on the card does not read the correct size (but hey, neither does my Centro which does SDHC) and the card is "full" when I try to transfer some files over.

Having said that, as far as I can tell, I have access to the nearly 5gb of music on the card.

Maybe I need to play around more with those files I posted.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Well, watch out. I experienced a lot of problems running certain types of apps from the storage card using SDHC. All the problems went away when I re-installed the apps to main memory instead of the storage card.
    I bought my Tansend non SDHC 4gig card before this mod. The following week the SDHC mod was posted. I was kicking myself because I could of gotten a cheaper card. Atleast I haven't had any issues and it is a 150X card.

I hope this gets sorted out. More memory is always nice. And to think I still remember being extremely proud when I installed a new 40mb hard drive on my first pc.
    Well if anyone knows anything new about this, it sure would be great to hear it, as my 8GB SDHC just got here from Newegg, and I'm itchin' to load it to the hilt with some tunes!
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

I ended up trying the system attached below. I don't think you need to overwrite the files in the \Windows directory with the two .dll files, but to be honest, I ended up installing the .cab, coping files, restarting and repeating numerous times. At one point, WMP would not recognize the any card, but now it does.
    Mal - so you really only installed the SDHC cab in this .zip? Nothing else at all?
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Mal - so you really only installed the SDHC cab in this .zip? Nothing else at all?
    I ended up trying everything in that folder basically.

The end result was the same: if you pre-load up the card say with 5gb of music, it'll read it just fine. But if you want to add any files to that card on your WM device, it'll read as full.

So the driver works, but they system sees the card as full when past 4gb.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by black ice View Post
    Why in the world! would u need an 8gig anything in a cellphone?
    4 GB ipod: $150

8 GB ipod: $200

4GB SDHC: $20

4 GB of MP3's playing on the Treo through the car stereo, music automatically pauses for incoming call using bluetooth headset, then Treo resumes song where it left off when call is completed: Pricele$$

8 GB = Pricele$$ x 2

Actually I can only imagine 8 GB since I recently upgraded from 2 GB SD to 4 GB SDHC. I ran out of room on the 2 GB SD and bought the 4 GB SDHC without knowing it wouldn't automatically work in my 700w. Thanks to this thread it works flawlessly.

No missed calls since giving up CD's and ipods in the car and using the Treo for music (and calls, and gps, and traffic reports...).
    Last edited by treo dOOd; 02/01/2008 at 05:28 PM.
    works on 700wx. 16 reads 4 and a 4 gb sdhc reads fine.

thanks

2 resets
    can anyone explain to me how to install the .cab file onto my phone? do I open it on my computer first or hotsync the download over and open it there? Thanks
    nevermind got it to work. Reading only 3.7gigs on a 4gigSDHC but better then nothing!!!
    I have installed the CAB and my phone will recognize the card but after a while it won't show up any more in my memory. I have reinstalled the CAB and it will again recognize the card and the files on the card but after some time I lose the card again.

Anybody have any thoughts or similar problems?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt22 View Post
    I have installed the CAB and my phone will recognize the card but after a while it won't show up any more in my memory. I have reinstalled the CAB and it will again recognize the card and the files on the card but after some time I lose the card again.

Anybody have any thoughts or similar problems?
    I am having a similar issue. Using the driver, my Treo 700wx recognizes my 4 GB SDHC card but after a while (usually overnight or long period of time without accessing the card) Windows Mobile does not recognize that a card is inserted. I can try to remove the card and insert it and WM still reads "Storage Card not installed". The only way I can gain access to the card is to do a soft reset. Sometimes it happens during the day which is a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
    SDHC works on Treo 700WX!

I am just posting for my finds this also works on wm5/wm6 6700.

Please test and post results.

Verizon Treo 700WX
    WM5 update v. 1.22
    Sandisk 4GB MicroSDHC w/Standard adapter.

You can find the cab attached...

I did not make this only searched and tested, please post results...
    Here is where i gathered info from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=310456&page=4
    Thanks! I just got the 4gb mini SD HC and it wouldnt work, with the CAB its great!
    I used this on my treo 700wx and it works. I have a 8GB SDHC card.

Thank You so much!
    I'm having the same problem with the disappearing sd card.

Using the Sandisk 4gb Ultra II SDHC card and sdhc.cab file, works but eventually (usually within a 15 minutes) the card disappears. Soft rest or reinstall works to correct the problem.

Anyone figure this out yet?

Thanks.
    Boris
    Last edited by bkaushansky; 02/27/2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: added info.
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17904

There is a link to a ppcgeeks discussion on the subject. It explains why the phone stops 'seeing' your cards, and has a link to a .cab file to fix the problem altogether. Let me know if this works for you guys, because I'm still half tempted to get a bigger card for my phone.
    I don't use or need SDHC, but the method mentioned in the linked thread works extremely well in eliminating missing card issues. (I couldn't download the attached cab, but I edited the registry manually). So far so good. If this consistency continues, I might have to send a big thank you note to the author.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast