Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. jmt
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    So does a 4gb SDHC card work?

I need to get a new card for my camera, but I want to be able to take the card out of the camera, pop it in the treo and email pics.

Yes, I just bought an 8gb class 6 OCZ SDHC card for about $55.00. Down load the driver an 4 of the 8gbs will be available to use. Also all non-SDHC cards will still work fine. On other devices such as my lap top I can use the full 8 gbs. From a speed standpoint a class 6 card is as fast as most 150x non-SDHC cards. Why anybody would buy a 4 gb non-SDHC for the same amount of money is beyond me. Get the 8 gb SDHC card you will not regret it.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    This is one item that really confuses me. I just got my wx a couple of weeks ago and have had PalmOS Treos for the last 3 years. In everything else, WM is a superior OS. It can do A2DP, multitasking, and even supports wifi. PalmOS hobbles along as a 4-year-old OS with some tweaks plastered on, but one of those tweaks (a firmware update that came out a few months ago) allows it (well, I should say the Treo 700P) to read SDHC cards in their full capacities. You can see the entire 8GB of an 8GB SDHC. Why Palm can't implement the same driver in the more powerful WM OS is beyond me!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I was hesitant to go the 8gb route, but the new 4gb I just bought is AWESOME.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Why Palm can't implement the same driver in the more powerful WM OS is beyond me!
    It seems to be a WM6 thing, not a Palm thing as the 750 w/WM6 does SDHC just fine.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, looks like all it does is install sdmemory.dll and sdbus.dll. Not sure I tried it without the sdhc driver before. Anyone got an 8GB sdhc card they can try with this?

The other thread says it works for 4GB sdhc cards on WM5, but once installed you can't read regular sd cards any longer.
    This driver works on my Treo 700w (WM5) v 1.22 w/ my new 4G Sandisk SDHC microSD (with adapter) card. I can still use my old regular Sandisk 2GB SD card.

This is awesome! I was really upset when it wouldn't work at first!

#/usr/bin/cHix0r
    VZW Treo 700w
    NorahAura.net
    Any news on full capacity SDHC compatibility yet? I wanna buy a 16GB card for my Treo.

Because you never know when you may have to take a 9 hour plane trip.
    I tested this on a Verizon XV6700 and it now reads both SDHC and SD, where it would only read SD before.
    Don't know about everyone else, but it's not working for me on a Sprint 700Wx. After installing the driver, i can't read my regular 2gb SD and even a 4gb SDHC Ultra II card.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Don't know about everyone else, but it's not working for me on a Sprint 700Wx. After installing the driver, i can't read my regular 2gb SD and even a 4gb SDHC Ultra II card.
    thats odd ... my sprint 700wx reads both regular sd and schc (ultra 4gb sdhc class 6) cards after installing the sdhc .cab . did you install the .cab to the device or the storage card ? that .cab is definitely one you want on the device .

do you have a backup of your phone prior ? perhaps a hard reset and then install the sdhc .cab first ...

anyway g/l perhaps searching a developers (or similar) forum would help
    Have done all that, no dice.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    how bout firmware version ... i am on 1.15 ... never tried it on any other
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    This is one item that really confuses me. I just got my wx a couple of weeks ago and have had PalmOS Treos for the last 3 years. In everything else, WM is a superior OS. It can do A2DP, multitasking, and even supports wifi. PalmOS hobbles along as a 4-year-old OS with some tweaks plastered on, but one of those tweaks (a firmware update that came out a few months ago) allows it (well, I should say the Treo 700P) to read SDHC cards in their full capacities. You can see the entire 8GB of an 8GB SDHC. Why Palm can't implement the same driver in the more powerful WM OS is beyond me!
    The Treo 700P cannot see past 4GB on the card with "Card Info" application. Most of the other PalmOS applications can see all the files on the card. Most of the applications cannot write to the card past one of the 4GB sections (not partitions). Once you add data past the 4GB sections then the operating system sees that 4GB section. Maybe you could try that on an 8GB card and let us know if you can see all the files.
  13. hondacivic04
    Quote Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
    SDHC works on Treo 700WX!

I am just posting for my finds this also works on wm5/wm6 6700.

Please test and post results.

Verizon Treo 700WX
    WM5 update v. 1.22
    Sandisk 4GB MicroSDHC w/Standard adapter.

You can find the cab attached...

I did not make this only searched and tested, please post results...
    Here is where i gathered info from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=310456&page=4
    please email me the steps about how to download this cab so that my 700wx can read the 4g..hondacivic04@jahmarijordan1215.com
  14. hondacivic04
    Quote Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
    SDHC works on Treo 700WX!

I am just posting for my finds this also works on wm5/wm6 6700.

Please test and post results.

Verizon Treo 700WX
    WM5 update v. 1.22
    Sandisk 4GB MicroSDHC w/Standard adapter.

You can find the cab attached...

I did not make this only searched and tested, please post results...
    Here is where i gathered info from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=310456&page=4
    this worked like a charm..thnks for posting it
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Is anybody using more than 4GB on their SDHC card?
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    Is anybody using more than 4GB on their SDHC card?
    Yes.

I'm running a 6gb Class 4 microSD card (w/ SD adapter) from Sandisk (FAT32).

I ended up trying the system attached below. I don't think you need to overwrite the files in the \Windows directory with the two .dll files, but to be honest, I ended up installing the .cab, coping files, restarting and repeating numerous times. At one point, WMP would not recognize the any card, but now it does.

So I have no idea what I did, lol.

All I know is this: 6gb SDHC works and my old 2gb card reads fine and I have zero issues.

Note: all cards (SDHC and non-SDHC) must be formatted in FAT32 in order to work!
    Attached Files Attached Files

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Yeah but does your 6gigs register as 6gigs or as 4gigs?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    So when the 8GB cards come out in Jan. 08 you should be able to use them. That just may make it posible for me to switch to a WM device?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    So when the 8GB cards come out in Jan. 08 you should be able to use them. That just may make it posible for me to switch to a WM device?
    Hello? Where have you been? We've been talking about 8GB cards - they've been out for a long time. They just came out with 16GB cards and January is when the 32GB cards come out. As many of the messages here suggest, the Treo 700wx cannot see more than 4GB at a time. That's not necessarily true for other WM devices. I'm sure there are others out there that can handle 8GB, 16GB, and even 32GB when it comes out, but so far not the 700wx.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

...just a note.
    If you use the WM5torage freeware program which turns your treo into a card reader (shows up as a drive rather than a device) the sdhc driver cab will prevent that program from working, which was a deal killer for me.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast