Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Why in the world! would u need an 8gig anything in a cellphone?
  2. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by black ice View Post
    Because some Treo users (myself included), use their devices for the multimedia features they offer as well as to make & receive calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Because some Treo users (myself included), use their devices for the multimedia features they offer as well as to make & receive calls.
    Im a treo user,8gigs of multimedia what? and u need 8gigs to make what kind of calls?
    Im a treo user,8gigs of multimedia what? and u need 8gigs to make what kind of calls?
    Are you kidding?

I have 33 GB in just .mp3 files converted from CD. That doesn't even get into movies, TV shows, maps for a GPS solution, etc...
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    Are you kidding?

I have 33 GB in just .mp3 files converted from CD. That doesn't even get into movies, TV shows, maps for a GPS solution, etc...
    Nah! i dont kid.
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Well,the good thing is that Palm decided to make REMOVABLE storage so that it actually gives the user a choice. For me I choose to use it,for you,you choose not to. To each his own... Leave the slot empty or insert the dummy card that comes preinserted.
    It's a pda.
    Some ppl need to have tons of files at the ready. Many of the files I need are large multimedia video files and I'm not talking movies for personal viewing.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    If you are a Treo Power User then you can never have enough room on an SD card. That is the fact of life.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    So....ummm, what is the consensus here?

8 gigs will not work as 8 gigs, but will work as two 4 gig partitions? Yea/nay?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    bump...anyone?
    I installed the sdhc .cab and my Treo 700wx recognized my SanDisk ultra II SDHC. Thanks!

In addition to saving a copy of the .cab file on a 1gb SD, I also sent it to my web-based e-mail account and stored it in a folder.
    So what is the verdict?...We know that the SDHC is now working, how about the size of them....Do the 8gigs only work partitioned into 2 4gigs?

Never enough storage!!...Love pushing my treo to the limits!!
    Last edited by Bill.Lumberg; 09/30/2007 at 07:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill.Lumberg View Post
    So what is the verdict?...We know that the SDHC is now working, how about the size of them....Do the 8gigs only work partitioned into 2 4gigs?

Never enough storage!!...Love pushing my treo to the limits!!
    Seems to be the 64,000 question that no one wants to answer. Oh well.
    I'm with you on that 64,000 question, Gojeda. Thread started off with lots of great detail, and people rushing out to buy 8 GB cards, but can't find a definitive answer on whether they worked. For me, "work" would be as an 8 GB, or two "virtual" 4 GB cards in the single slot.

Any updates out there? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkveeler View Post
    I'm with you on that 64,000 question, Gojeda. Thread started off with lots of great detail, and people rushing out to buy 8 GB cards, but can't find a definitive answer on whether they worked. For me, "work" would be as an 8 GB, or two "virtual" 4 GB cards in the single slot.

Any updates out there? Thanks.
    Seems to me you would have to format the 8gh card on your computer into two 4gb partitions first before using it in your 700WX. Does that sound right? I don't have an 8gb card or I would try it myself.

Tom
    I brought Transend SDHC 8GB Class6 card. Card is Super Faster If anyone wants I recommend.

However, Other story is With SDHC patch, It only can Read 3589MB

Ok, I tried Create 2-Partition on this card, still show only 3589MB

Ok, Then I Tried, 1 Partition with 3300MB and 2 parition with 3300MB,
    Now I see both the Partition as Storage & Storage2 Card, Hold on

The Storage2 Card show 289MB not 3300MB
    The Storage1 Card show 3300MB

Storage1 + Storage2 = 3589MB

Summary, With or Without 2-Partition, the Total Capacity is 3589MB

Another Thing, I have AXIM 51v and 50V,

I upgraded to WM6 on 50v, = 8GB works perfect

I have WM5 A12 ROM on 51v = 8GB ( again show 3589MB )

It seems SDHC.cab Driver Issue, since, it happens on 700W and X51v, Both have WM5. Somebody has to Build the Driver for 700W

Also Read, on other Device like XV6700, it Reads 6GB

Thanks
    Last edited by sriach28; 10/03/2007 at 05:13 PM.
    Black_Ice, I have Combine 51v+50v+Treo = 52GB, I do lot of Recording meeting and most of the important Conversion, My movies, Songs, Documents, Word, PDF, Execl Sheet, Family Photos & Videos

Its not only Phone, GPS ( I have Two Kind of GPS Navigation Software )/ Organizer ( You Know PDA)/ MP3 Player/ RECORDER/ Quick Notes Takes/ Family Picture Album, ETC, All kinds of possibility are there.

Why do you need Treo then, If guess, you need this phone, Just to make the call, Do not use SmartPhone, its for Smart

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/zoom.php?p=857&g=1
    Last edited by sriach28; 10/03/2007 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Correction
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sriach28 View Post
    Black_Ice, I have Combine 51v+50v+Treo = 52GB, I do lot of Recording meeting and most of the important Conversion, My movies, Songs, Documents, Word, PDF, Execl Sheet, Family Photos & Videos

Its not only Phone, GPS ( I have Two Kind of GPS Navigation Software )/ Organizer ( You Know PDA)/ MP3 Player/ RECORDER/ Quick Notes Takes/ Family Picture Album, ETC, All kinds of possibility are there.
    What more could you want. Now that should be the ad for a Treo.

What do you have in your POCKET!
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    So does a 4gb SDHC card work?

I need to get a new card for my camera, but I want to be able to take the card out of the camera, pop it in the treo and email pics.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    So does a 4gb SDHC card work?

I need to get a new card for my camera, but I want to be able to take the card out of the camera, pop it in the treo and email pics.
    I believe it was mentioned elsewhere that some 4GB SDHC cards work if you download a new driver for it.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother. I'd just assume get s 4 GB SD card out there and be done with it.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast