Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adeon View Post
    LOL... so wheres the point to this ?!!
    Lol !!! Thats exactly what Ive been thinking ever since I read that post hours ago. (I'm happier with 4 than I was with 1) what does that mean?
    I was about to go for a hunt on froogle, amazon.. slickdeals....local rat shack.. ...
    GOod thInG! I rEAD!!

I guess those Spare... If I Had any... Mini SDHC cards would be good here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Lol !!! Thats exactly what Ive been thinking ever since I read that post hours ago. (I'm happier with 4 than I was with 1) what does that mean?
    he must've had a 1gb card before, then got that 8gb card and can only use 4gb of it.
    I guess what this means is that now I can get a 4gb (if we can confim wm cannot recognize 8g) SDHC chip instead of a regular 4gb x150 card. It will save a few bucks as the x150's are expensive now.

My logic is correct, right?
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    It makes know sense going out of your way to get a SDHC 4gb card when you could easily get a normal 4gb SD card for less money. Im still waiting for someone to confirm if an 8gb SDHC works. Anyone?
    It makes know sense going out of your way to get a SDHC 4gb card when you could easily get a normal 4gb SD card for less money. Im still waiting for someone to confirm if an 8gb SDHC works. Anyone?
    I have seen the SDHC cards cheaper than SD.
    Had to give it a try after the success this morning with a 5GB SDHC card.

No joy, the memory utility reports the Patriot 8GB SDHC card as 4GB. I don't know if I should hang on to it or return it, the laptop doesn't recognize it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by adeon View Post
    LOL... so wheres the point to this ?!!
    Sorry I confused you two with my crazy post and making you 'Ya Boi D' miss hours of your life thinking it over...

I had a standard 1gb card before this. I bought the 8gb before I realized the SDHC didn't work in the 700wx. It wouldn't display at all. I ran the 1.22 update before it was pulled by Palm and that didn't give me SDHC support either.

With this SDHC.cab installed, I can now view/read/write to 4gb of this 8gb card that was collecting dust.

8gb does not work all the way to 8gb capacity. Only 4 shows up. I got the 8gb with a rebate deal from eCost for $30 so getting it and sitting on it for a while before use (no, not literally sitting on it) was not a big deal.
    Last edited by ooosadface; 09/12/2007 at 08:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Disappointing......

I wonder if this is an OS related issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Disappointing......

I wonder if this is an OS related issue.
    That's my suspicion, but I'm going to run a test when I have time. I'm going to try copying more than 4gb of data to it and see what Resco Explorer shows me. At first, I was going to just copy one 6gb DVD VOB file to it, but I don't have a card reader that supports SDHC yet and copying through Activesync is going to take forever. So, one night I'll start 6-8gb of TV shows (probably Scrubs @ around 175mb a piece) and check it in the morning to see if I can Access all of them.

It's possible (put some real stress on the possible) that Resco is only reporting its card size based on a call to a Windows DLL which might (more stress on that) not be able to report higher than 4gb by hardcoded default (which wouldn't make sense).

So, to sum up (so I don't confuse anyone ), I'm going to copy more than 4gb to the card to see if I can see it in Explorer on the device even though it tells me it only sees 4gb...
    I've downloaded the CAB file, but can someone pls tell me (detailed instructions, pls) how to install it so that I can use it? Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by daryleddy View Post
    I've downloaded the CAB file, but can someone pls tell me (detailed instructions, pls) how to install it so that I can use it? Thanks for the help!
    1. Copy to your device through activesync
    2. Browse to it on the device with Explorer
    3. Double click it and follow the prompts...
    Regarding the 8gig card. I've read that some people have partitioned their cards for use on a 700wx, don't know if that will allow you to access the other 4gigs, be worth a try. I thought about doing that with my 4gig card, I want to keep TOMTOM separated from my other stuff.
    Those instructions can be found here, do at your own risk!

http://www.modaco.com/Partition-sd-m...d-t239450.html

PS - I read over at XDA that formatting a card to keep TomTom separate results in TomTOm not being able to find the maps because it looks at "Storage Card" the the partition puts them on "Storage Card 2", but I guess if you wanted to try and putting tomtom on 1 and everything else on 2 that might be feasible.
    Last edited by AFAngryWarrior; 09/12/2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: More Information
    Thank you Nemanracing! I got a 4gb MicroSDHC today from my Verizon Wireless store.

I have a 6700 and when I got home I was devastated that my device wouldn't recognize the card. I have 2 additional 2gb MicroSD cards that worked fine.

I searched around and found people had some luck with re-formatting the 4gb. I tried re-formatting to both FAT and FAT32. Neither worked.

I stumbled across your post via Google... registered here, downloaded the .cab, installed it on my device and voila! I can now see the 4gb MicroSDHC on my 6700! I plugged in my original cards and can confirm that both of my 2gb MicroSD cards still work on my device also.

Thanks a heap!
    So 8gig cards dont work in their out of the box state, but you can partition them to act as two cards in one slot?

Can anyone confirm?
    I'm curious about that basic question too. Has anyone confirmed that an 8 gb card will work using the cab, albeit in a partioned format? Saw some discussion about a specific GPS program, but not a general confirmation. I don't mind keeping music on one partition and programs on another.
    and 16gb cards are on the way too

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/20/p...d-hits-retail/
    just to share my experience ... i have an ultra 4gb sdhc card . it works great with the .cab installed , but when i did a hard reset i had no way to install the shdc cab off of the ulta card where it was stored . i now keep a regular 512mb sd card available to install some apps (after a hard reset) . i know i haven't answered the 8 or 16gb card question , but i thought i would overstate the obvious if you have all your 700wx .cabs stored on your sdhc card and do a hard reset .
    Last edited by captblaze; 09/23/2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: poor grammar and spelling
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    just to share my experience ... i have an ultra 4gb sdhc card . it works great with the .cab installed , but when i did a hard reset i had no way to install the shdc cab off of the ulta card where it was stored . i now keep a regular 512mb sd card available to install some apps (after a hard reset) . i know i haven't answered the 8 or 16gb card question , but i thought i would overstate the obvious if you have all your 700wx .cabs stored on your sdhc card and do a hard reset .
    Good to point out. I keep the file saved on a spare card as well. So when i change stuff or try a new device its there. The only device i have tried that this has not worked on was a stock 8125(HTC Wizard)... This even works on my Samsung i760 and others have reported it working on the Samsung i730...
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast