1.    #1  
    I know 4gb sandisk card does not get detected in WM5. I was eagerly waiting for my mini sd card 4GB sandisk HCSD to arrive and update WM6. Now I got the card and it is not detected. Is there a way I can update to WM6 using the HCSD card which is not been detected for now or can I update using usb cable?

I did try formatting with fat32 on xp machine copied the rom file but it does not go far than color code screen. Card is also not dected in WM5 OS as no storage folder comes up in settings.
    Last edited by vikas3576; 09/08/2007 at 04:11 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Can I use th esync cable to update?
    I would not suggest using the 4gb card, unless you can format it as 2 gb FAT32 and see if your treo recognizes it in WM5. If you start the update process and it does not complete you might get stuck. Also, the Palm Europe site does have some kind of utility you can download if your upgrade hangs and you don't have to register for it either, but I have not heard what it does.

Just a suggestion.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I would not suggest using the 4gb card, unless you can format it as 2 gb FAT32 and see if your treo recognizes it in WM5. If you start the update process and it does not complete you might get stuck. Also, the Palm Europe site does have some kind of utility you can download if your upgrade hangs and you don't have to register for it either, but I have not heard what it does.

Just a suggestion.
    I see palm europe has exe file where you update to wm6 via usb sync cable. Is it possible to upgrade to att rom after upgrading to vodafone rom?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post

Just a suggestion.

Please advice how to format it or lower size?
    palm Europe requires a serial number from your Treo so that won't work.

as for the format sometimes you get the option of what size to format when you use a card reader on a pc. Not sure that is always an option though.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  7.    #7  
    Now I see I ew chnages right away

1) 4GB card is decteted
    2) Instead of gprs (G) sign I see edge (E) for tmobile which I think is better.

will update. Thanks
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Nice, so w/ WM6 a 4gb MiniSD HC card will be recognized? Maybe I'll go ahead and buy myself one of those cards.
    I tried a Sandisk 4GB card with WM6 on my 750, and it wouldn't recognize it.

Mileage may vary I suppose?
    HCSD is recognized by WM6, but not WM5. So, it would only serve as a matter of frustration to attempt to flash to WM6 using a HCSD.