1.    #1  
    Got a replacement under warranty from Sprint. Now, I am stuck on 1x no matter where I go, whereas old 700wx would get ev speed.

Did a full reset with Sprint tech & pulled battery for 2 min. Neither helped. Installed 1.15 firmware too.

Any clues? Need my speed.
    Last edited by ssieweel; 09/07/2007 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssieweel View Post
    Got a replacement under warranty from Sprint. Now, I am stuck on 1x no matter where I go, whereas old 700wx would get ev speed.

Did a full reset with Sprint tech & pulled battery for 2 min. Neither helped. Installed 1.15 firmware too.

Any clues? Need my speed.
    ?? If they can't figure it out, time for another replacement?
    Hey....

Hit ##EVD0# from phone app and make sure it is not set to 1XRTT.

1XRTT check box and EVDO check box unchecked will be auto mode....

4.    #4  
    Tried ##evd0# from dial screen but nothing happened.

What am I missing?
    It's ##EVDO#, not "##EVD0#".

"O", not zero.
  6.    #6  
    when bringing up the dial pad, it will not allow me to type O. only 0
  7.    #7  
    when I turn the phone off, I can enter ##EVD0# & it gives an hour glass for a few seconds but that's it.
    ##evdo# = ##3836#
  9.    #9  
    ok. I got in the menu. It gives choices of Automatic, disable-1RXTT and EVDO-only.

Set to automatic, it always goes to 1x. I tried EV only and it worked in some areas and was very quick. In weaker areas, it took longer to load pages.

Not sure what else I can do now, but sounds like I am heading to the store again unless there is something else...
    ok. I got in the menu.
    Yeah, isn't it stupid when numbers are quoted as text (assuming you have the standard three-letters-per-number phone pad I guess) and on a Treo you don't. It makes it impossible to dial those numbers.

...sounds like I am heading to the store again unless there is something else...
    Well, you said that even when you set it at EVDO only, that it only worked in some areas. That could be normal. You have to compare it to the same areas where your previous one was working with EVDO. If it is obvious that this phone will not pick up EVDO signals in the same location, consistently, that your other phone did, time for a replacement again.

-Frank
  11.    #11  
    It is not picking up EV where the old phone did. Time to go back.

Ordered a new one. Have to wait a couple of days. Gets better though. Now, the phone will not turn on.
    Last edited by ssieweel; 09/08/2007 at 11:31 PM.