1.    #1  
    Up until recently, my Treo 700wx had been coexisting with my PC Windows desktop (XP) with ZERO issues. An unrelated issue prompted me to do an OS repair (not reinstall) of XP. All (MS) updates have been downloaded, and drivers required reinstalled. For the exception of my printer there are no alerts in my hardware device manager.

I have installed, un-installed and reinstalled active sync a total of 5 times, including reinstalling Outlook 2002; as well as upgrading active sync from itís current version to 4.5

My device is neither detected by active sync nor (apparently) by windows since nothing happens in the system tray establishing that a NEW devise has been added.

My XP firewall is OFF, I have disengaged my virus -and have even tested the devise on a laptop and have been successful in installing, detecting and synchronizing the device.

I need this to run on my main computer.. Can anyone provide some thoughts..?
    Have you tried deleting the partnership on your phone?
  3.    #3  
    How do I do that?? ... The Activesync on my desktop, from where this is done from, has not as of yet allowed me to set up a partnership, since the devise isn't detected. Do I do this on my phone?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    bad usb cable maybe? bad usb port?

or

try the newest active sync
    Quote Originally Posted by zybaze View Post
    How do I do that?? ... The Activesync on my desktop, from where this is done from, has not as of yet allowed me to set up a partnership, since the devise isn't detected. Do I do this on my phone?
    If you previously had a functioning ActiveSync partnership, then re-installed ActiveSync (or WMDC) on your PC you may need to delete the existing partnership on your phone to get things working again.

Run ActiveSync on your phone, then select Menu/options. Make sure your PC is selected then tap Delete. This will remove the partnership from your phone.
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    bad usb cable maybe? bad usb port?

or

try the newest active sync
    I have to agree, I had the same issue but upgraded to the newest version of activesync & it immediately recognized my 700wx.