Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Just a quick question, I had a 750 when they released, had problems returned it, I actually have been looking to see if the device has improved so I have been driving around to local corp stores in my area but NONE of them have any 750s on display and they have all said they no longer carry the device.

I see you can still order from the website, but as for the stores in southern florida, in the palm beach locale, none of the stores have them on the shelves. I asked 2 different CSRs why not, and they responded that they pulled the device due to it having so many issues. So, with that being said.

Whats next and where do we go from here? I was looking to maybe get back into the Treo line, but this just strikes me as odd.

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I've had zero issues with mine and I think most people here are pretty happy with theirs, specially with the recent WM6 update
    Yes, what issues?

Surur
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    Probably Windows Mobile. Nothing from Microsoft ever works right.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Anybody care to address sfla_tc's real point - i.e. AT&T Retail Stores not stocking Treo 750s?

Me, I think it's an expensive phone that costs money to stock. If they aren't stocking the 750, it's likely because the demand has evaporated for the device. Too many other more-in-demand expensive phones to carry. This is a bad sign for Palm imho...
    Too many returns is probably the culprit IMHO.

That's the problem with WM phones though - to the average joe/jane, the phone out of the box is not nearly as good as when tweaked. They get frustrated and then return it...
    The 750 is the best treo i ever had and i had them all since the 180 was introduced. It is possible they are selling down on WM5 and getting ready to stock the stores with WM6

Fred
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    It is possible they are selling down on WM5 and getting ready to stock the stores with WM6
    ...or for other, non-Palm WM phones (WM5 or WM6)... That, I think, was sfla_tc's point. There are certainly a plethora of Windows Mobile non-Palm alternatives...
    My bestfriend works for At&t, and he told me that At&t refuses to seel any palm treo 750's due to many issues they are having. He didnt mention what issues they were having but he said it was many, and att got fed up that palm wasnt doing anything is respect to the issues. So att told palm we are going to remove the treos until palm does patches or updates to fix those issues. This is coming form an AT&T employee.
    The thing is, everyone is wondering what these wide-spread issues are, because surely these issues (with their users attached) would have turned up in drove on tc.

If I look on the 750 forum there are a wide variety of issues, but no show-stopping bugs.

That brings the veracity of the original claim in question.

Surur
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    So any word on this from insidr? Could this be why the WM6 official rom is delayed, no reason to release it if the phone is discontinued?
    I'm curious also, since GoodGuy has posted that the Good application is not/cannot be the reason for the 750 WM6 holdup. I suspect typical market manipulation by AT&T/Palm before I can believe that a url shortcut to Good is the culprit. I also severely discount the hearsay about 'so-so-many' 750 problems when they've been very few and far between.
    It's probably more likely they sold out of the WM5 versions and are waiting for the WM6 shipments that won't be available until the "Official" WM6 upgrade is released. It's all a timing thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by calancaster View Post
    It's probably more likely they sold out of the WM5 versions and are waiting for the WM6 shipments that won't be available until the "Official" WM6 upgrade is released. It's all a timing thing.
    Plus the may want to re-flash the current stock with WM6.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Who? AT&T employees?
    IMO and I've gotten to use and continously support a wide array of devices - the Treo 750 with WM6 is the best device out there. Very expandable, lots of software and good data speed. ATT as a carrier is questionable but the device is excellent.

I get questions about the I-Phone a lot. My take is it just like most other Apple equipment - closed system, Apple stuff only. And the other major point is that it is a generation behind on the high speed data connection. Made very little sense to come out with Edge only.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    I get questions about the I-Phone a lot. My take is it just like most other Apple equipment - closed system, Apple stuff only. And the other major point is that it is a generation behind on the high speed data connection. Made very little sense to come out with Edge only.
    Same can be said for Blackberry, but that would be equally another subject.
    Use a Treo750 for a day and the issues pop out like popcorns.

My friends keep telling me to dump the phone. They are tired of having to call me and I pushing the answer button and 1) missing their calls because it does not pick up. 2) when it does pick up and hitting the button more than once, it goes to hold, and then have to hit off hold and wait for several seconds before coming off it, and hearing people scream on the other side hello, hello, hello, and they cursing the phone and getting frustrated.

Many times the phone just does not ring and you miss a call.

Having said that, on Cingular, after iPhone, it is the best phone around and nothing comes close to it. Of course, if not for Active Sync with Exchange (need it for work), iphone belows it away and makes it look like one made by the caveman.
    I just picked up 2 750's at an AT&T store. I stopped by at least 4 stores and they all had the 750 & 680 on display. One of them had no 680's in stock but the 750's were plentiful.
    Dangers of the internet--way to much misinformation out there. I agree with those that think AT&T is trying to re-stock after WM6 is released AND loaded on the devices. Can you imagine sending somebody home with a new device and telling them to flash their phone? Users of this site are far more savvy and patient than most and we still have countless issues. Imagine a non-techical 60 year old trying to do everything in the right order....
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast