Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Dangers of the internet--way to much misinformation out there. I agree with those that think AT&T is trying to re-stock after WM6 is released AND loaded on the devices. Can you imagine sending somebody home with a new device and telling them to flash their phone? Users of this site are far more savvy and patient than most and we still have countless issues. Imagine a non-techical 60 year old trying to do everything in the right order....
    Of course continuing that, any salesperson who lets a non-technical 60 year old out of the store with a windows mobile device hates his tech support staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by driazen View Post
    Of course continuing that, any salesperson who lets a non-technical 60 year old out of the store with a windows mobile device hates his tech support staff.
    now that's funny
    Only issues I've had are the N key is acting up. I should see about a replacement, but I'm afraid it might turn out like my Dell did, the replacement not being any better, but in a different way.

Oh, occasionally run out of memory with several programs running like Opera.
    Yo YO - I am almost 60 myself - maybe a little more technical than most - but lighten up on old folks.

These comments about ATT and the 750 simple don't make good business sense. Selling someone a new car and then sending them home to put in a new engine doens't make much sense. Selling someone a very expensive phone and sending them home to change the electronic engine may no sense.

Maybe - just maybe it is actually ATT's shelf stocking plan.

Oh, 60 aint old when you're there. 80 now that's old. Just kidding
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driazen View Post
    Of course continuing that, any salesperson who lets a non-technical 80 year old out of the store with a windows mobile device hates his tech support staff.
    Fixed
    I went to my local corp store and bought a camo pouch for my 750. I did not see it displayed. I asked the girl (savy) where is it. She said that it was discontinued in this market because of the rate of return. She was puzzled too. She had one. I told her that maybe some where bad but it probably was first time windows users that probably have the bad to U and get no battery life and have goobs of useless programs eating memory. I have had no problems with my device. Just activesync. It is also my primary phone. No landline. So it gets data and voice use heavy. I have bare bones programs because I was tired of the treo 650 conflicts (toysoft). It is a shame for those of us that know how to use it and don't have it as a status symbol or gaming device. My only guess is it may reaapper after the iphone craze. It probably will wm6 and attract people back
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I never had any problems ever since I bought it right when it came out. The HSDPA hack has always worked flawlessly. So it freezes once in a blue moon. No biggie. The audio problem has a fix available on Palm's website.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Yo YO - I am almost 60 myself - maybe a little more technical than most - but lighten up on old folks.

These comments about ATT and the 750 simple don't make good business sense. Selling someone a new car and then sending them home to put in a new engine doens't make much sense. Selling someone a very expensive phone and sending them home to change the electronic engine may no sense.

Maybe - just maybe it is actually ATT's shelf stocking plan.

Oh, 60 aint old when you're there. 80 now that's old. Just kidding
    Sorry, but I am 40 and most of my peers get nervous around a computer or a WM device. I had the benefit of PC's in the mid 80's but those that are 5 years or so older generally went through college without them and have a harder time adapting.

Clearly, there are plenty of savvy 60 year olds out there--yourself included but I think you would agree that more of your peers are not in your category.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofmordor View Post
    Use a Treo750 for a day and the issues pop out like popcorns.

Having said that, on Cingular, after iPhone, it is the best phone around and nothing comes close to it. Of course, if not for Active Sync with Exchange (need it for work), iphone belows it away and makes it look like one made by the caveman.
    Dude - the iPhone SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. For a wide variety of reasons. It isn't known as the idiotPhone among power users for nothing.
    The 750 is still available online. Maybe at the time this was posted, they were out of stock?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    Dude - the iPhone SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. For a wide variety of reasons. It isn't known as the idiotPhone among power users for nothing.
    I've had an iPhone and loved it for what it does. For a few power users to call it an idiotPhone; well that's not a very nice thing to say about a phone that is probably one of the number one selling phones in the country and soon to be the world. Last I checked Palm's stock price was at $6.70 and Apples was $174 per share.
    I love my Treo 750 and I think it's one of the best phones I've ever owned, the only people I've ever met that say the iPhone SUCKS are people that have probably never seen, touched or used one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    I love my Treo 750 and I think it's one of the best phones I've ever owned, the only people I've ever met that say the iPhone SUCKS are people that have probably never seen, touched or used one.
    Or whose personal economy demands that they slam the competition.
    Except I have actually used an iPhone. I found exactly one thing that it does better than a WM device. Web browsing (except because it's limited to EDGE, it's slow). I only say it does web browsing better because of the zoom capability which is extremely nice. Opera Mobile has all the other bases covered.

With a WM device even if you don't like the applications delivered with the phone you can change to something you do like. With an iPhone, you take what Apple gives you, and "joo vill like it!"
    I was due a phone upgrade from ATT so I bought a refurbished 750 for $0. I had to extend the contract for 2 more years, but what are my downsides, really? If the 750 is really refurbished and not just reboxed, what do you all suppose could go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by JAWilson View Post
    I was due a phone upgrade from ATT so I bought a refurbished 750 for $0. I had to extend the contract for 2 more years, but what are my downsides, really? If the 750 is really refurbished and not just reboxed, what do you all suppose could go wrong?
    Curse you. My refurb 750 cost me $99.

Sounds like more evidence that ATT is trying to phase out Palms and get rid of their remaining inventory.
    I wouldn't say the iPhone sucks, but WM5/6 phones are better for business, unless you do only light business on your phone. Heavy users cannot use the iPhone, unless they're against effective call and contact management.

I have witnessed the difference for myself. Before anyone says I never owned one, please read my sig and see what phones I've use along with the iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofmordor View Post
    Use a Treo750 for a day and the issues pop out like popcorns.

My friends keep telling me to dump the phone. They are tired of having to call me and I pushing the answer button and 1) missing their calls because it does not pick up. 2) when it does pick up and hitting the button more than once, it goes to hold, and then have to hit off hold and wait for several seconds before coming off it, and hearing people scream on the other side hello, hello, hello, and they cursing the phone and getting frustrated.

Many times the phone just does not ring and you miss a call.

Having said that, on Cingular, after iPhone, it is the best phone around and nothing comes close to it. Of course, if not for Active Sync with Exchange (need it for work), iphone belows it away and makes it look like one made by the caveman.
    Sorry you're having these issues but my AT and T 750 has none of these problems.

Thanks, Mike.
    Phase out wm5 supplies. November 19th BusinessWeek had an ad for treo 750 with wm6 and all the bells and whistles. Out with the old and in with the new. I guess it is going to business channels now and have the tilt build up and the treo would be realeased as well as the upgrade.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael750 View Post
    Sorry you're having these issues but my AT and T 750 has none of these problems.
    While I have had some issues with missing ActiveSync'ed emails, and general slowness (resolved with a reset, usually every few days), I don't have call problems. You said:

>> ...1) missing their calls because it does not pick up....

There is an update for this on the Palm site and I installed it the first day, so maybe that is all you need to do on this.

">>2) when it does pick up and hitting the button more than once, it goes to hold,..."

This sounds like user error. I wonder if you have the phone set to 'answer with any button', so when you grab it, it answers, and then you hit the answer button, but by that time, the button has switched to 'Hold' operation. Maybe?

I dunno, but nothing like this has never happened to me.

">>hearing people scream on the other side hello, hello, hello, and they cursing the phone and getting frustrated."

Sounds like your callers are a little edgy. You should ask them to relax, slow down and enjoy life, maybe have a latte.
    I just visited 2 AT&T stores in my area and was shocked to hear that the 750 was discontinued. One rep said that they were making room for the next best thing which I haven't heard of. The other rep said the 750 had to many issues. I told him that I never had a bit of trouble with mine and that a couple hundred fellow 750 users on TC lover theirs also.

I assumed that the WM5 750 was sold out and the WM6 version was on its way. Does anyone know what the real deal is?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast