1.    #1  
    Now I have it!!!!

If palm would just squeeze these specs into a Treo at some point soon.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1347

I mean I love my Treo 750 but we are out numbered and surrounded!

Dive, dive, incoming, we are taking heavy fire.......

Hmmm....I wonder what type of customization HP is capable of. I know that most of their desktop and printer software suffers from major incaptibilties, especially in wifi printers and their printer solution centers.

Anyway...

Regards
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Now I have it!!!!

If palm would just squeeze these specs into a Treo at some point soon.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1347

I mean I love my Treo 750 but we are out numbered and surrounded!

Dive, dive, incoming, we are taking heavy fire.......

Hmmm....I wonder what type of customization HP is capable of. I know that most of their desktop and printer software suffers from major incaptibilties, especially in wifi printers and their printer solution centers.

Anyway...

Regards
    Yep, this is my next phone. I never thought I would buy another iPaq.

I still think Palm has a window (no pun intended) of opportunity to offer a power WM device in a sleek form factor. However, based on the recent news, I think that window is just about going shut real fast.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    Man this thing is awesome. However, 1 problem. The screen is 320x240, which doesn't really solve the problem that we currently have with the 240x240. The vertical resolution is still the same, and therefore many popular software will still not work.
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    But then again, there is this phone that solves the problem!
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1346
    Quote Originally Posted by kingweb View Post
    Man this thing is awesome. However, 1 problem. The screen is 320x240, which doesn't really solve the problem that we currently have with the 240x240. The vertical resolution is still the same, and therefore many popular software will still not work.
    I have run into very few (if any) applications that "do not work on a square screen). If you do experience any, they most likely are old applications (or games) coded a long time ago. Most applications have been coded to adapt to the various screen sizes offered in the PPC market space.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingweb View Post

besides that there isnt any software which i find usefull and doesnt work on the treo i would rather go for a large square screen with 240x240 than a smaler one with 320x240. i had the ubiquio 501 for a few days and the screen is quite useless for business matters. simply to small in height, palm offers more value for the money here. its not allways the pixels that counts
    Quote Originally Posted by nehvada View Post
    besides that there isnt any software which i find usefull and doesnt work on the treo i would rather go for a large square screen with 240x240 than a smaler one with 320x240. i had the ubiquio 501 for a few days and the screen is quite useless for business matters. simply to small in height, palm offers more value for the money here. its not allways the pixels that counts
    The 914 is so head-and-shoulders above anything that Palm offers for WM right now, that the matter is inconsequential. Besides, WM6 compliant applications should play well in all screen resolutions. I don't think this will be an issue.
    That 910 looks awfully inviting. The wifi-g, speedier processor and expanded memory alone is enough to buy. However, I can't keep sacrificing display size with each device upgrade. This display seems even slightly smaller than my barely adequate 750 display size. What's the use of built in GPS if you can't even see the map from more than 5 inches away. I would gladly sacrifice the camera and GPS unit for a larger display. I would even compromise by carrying a slightly larger device...the 750 and others are more than small enough. I still wish someone would produce a BlueAngel form factor with the large screen and a bottom sliding keyboard.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  9.    #9  
    I hope that this Treo 500 Windows Mobile Smartphone and the new Palm Centro are the sign of things to come with Palm. I think if the Treo fans and community see that Palm is making a turn they still have a chance. It doesn't matter to me if the 500 or the Centro is the device for me, however if I see reasonable progress than maybe I can hold on for the Treo 800WM for example and maybe it will rock now.

We can hope.

Regards
    graylion