Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I bought my Palm Treo 700wx back in April (so not even 6 months ago)

However I did not buy the insurance from sprint.

Lately my device has been loosing it's ability to ring; a call would come in, and it will not ring.

I checked the volume and both device and ring volume are All the way up.

Every time this happens the only way to fix it is to hard reset, and because I didn't back up, i loose everything.

then 2 days or so later it happens again, and i start all over on a fresh copy of wm5, and again no ringing...

I never dropped it once, and there is no damage to the device.

So my question is,

Does my device have a 1 year warranty?

and if so, how do I go about getting a new device?

Will they charge me?
    You'll be charged for the price of a new phone without a plan, when your phone is received in the returns warehouse you will then get credited on your next bill.

Atleast it's suppose to happen that way in a perfect world.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    You'll be charged for the price of a new phone without a plan, when your phone is received in the returns warehouse you will then get credited on your next bill.

Atleast it's suppose to happen that way in a perfect world.

^^;;

ok, that just kind of bums me out; Currently not in the position to put out that kind of money (just paid tuition)

I will figure something out.

Thanks!
    I haven't had to return a phone for a while, but the last time I had a problem I wasn't charged a cent from Sprint. You shouldn't be charged anything if your phone is under warranty, unless Sprint has changed something.

I would go into the Sprint store and if they want to charge kick up a fuss about it. Items under warranty should be replaced free of charge if there is a legitimate problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    I would go into the Sprint store and if they want to charge kick up a fuss about it. Items under warranty should be replaced free of charge if there is a legitimate problem.
    going to the sprint store does you no good in my area . you are told to go to wireless toys (local or perhaps national cellphone store) and let them diagnose and replace your phone .
    That's weird, I just took a 650 into a Sprint Service Center and they they ordered me a replacement. This 650 is around 3 years old!
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    That's weird, I just took a 650 into a Sprint Service Center and they they ordered me a replacement. This 650 is around 3 years old!
    weird is a mild way of putting it ... i was pissed off when my 700wx had a melt down and the sprint store i purchased it from sent me to a place that sells phones for many different providers to get service . fortunately for me the techs there didnt even ask what was wrong and just ordered a replacement !
    Oh well, at least you got a replacement
    I went into Sprint the other day and they told me either I could pay a $35 fee and they would get me a replacement from Palm, or I could send it in to Palm.

I told him I had the insurance, so it ended up being free.