Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 109
  1. #81  
    So far so good. Really like the zooming, and start page lay out. Thanks for all the tricks to get it set up.

    ? Is there some way to have the bookmarks synchronize with the pc opera browser. I started using that because I thought u could sync. I'm going to give the windows browser a shot also!

    Now I'm wondering if I should try the full Opera and the Netfront. A lot of the pages at my company don't work on PIE with PIE plus.

    thanks

    EDIT: Found out that the sync only works w/ Opera 9.5 Beta on the desktop. All my bookmarks are now available in mini. However, it doesn't seem to like the ones that are nested.

    EDIT: The nested bookmarks work...just takes a long time for them to sync
    Last edited by akenis; 04/03/2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: news
  2. #82  
    Hi Guys. Well I installed the new Opera Mini 4.1 Beta. Wanted to use the new direct text entry feature and it doesn't work on IBM J9. Not only that but IBM's has a nasty habit of crashing.

    I've been searching for quite a while for an Esmertec Jbed that would run on my Treo 750. My Tilt has Esmertec Jbed built in so I wanted that specifically.
    A link to one is of course posted on the OP of this thread
    Esmertec Jbed 20070802.2.1

    I found this one which appears to be a more recent version:
    Expertec Jbed 20071119.3.1
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=10

    It seems to work great on the Treo 750 with WM 6.

    I also found this one, which is the 'newest' one I could find. However, it's CAB installer didn't work at all on my Treo 750
    Esmertec Jbed 20071130.4.1
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=277
    So it doesn't work whatsoever

    I'm not sure what version is on my Tilt. I'll have to dig it out and see. If it's newer I may try to somehow extract it and make an installer cab.

    Anyway. 20071119.3.1 mentioned above is the only one that seems to work on my Treo 750 and is so much better than the IBM J9.

    If anyone comes across something newer, please post.
    I don't think I/we necessarily need the bleeding edge latest all of the time, just something that works well.

    Edit:
    My Tilt with the latest update has 20070802.2.1. I think I'm going to stick with 3.1 for now.
    Last edited by taylorh; 04/02/2008 at 10:23 PM.
  3.    #83  
    fyi, I tried to install this version (20071119.3.1) once on my 700wx and it wouldn't run
  4. pdawg17's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #84  
    How do you make speed dial bookmarks work? I thought it was * + the number of the bookmark but nothing happens...can someone explain how this works?
  5. #85  
    Got 4.1 beta running now. Had a nasty "install folder - 77" dialogs that prevented loading simultaneous versions I guess. Uninstalled all and deleted the apdb folder.

    The program link still works.

    Must disable direct text entry. It causes multiple characters when pressed

    I couldn't get a signed version to load, how do I get certificates? Evidently, with a signed version, u can turn off some of the nuisance dialogs. Might make the hack unnecessary...i have to redo that to see if it still works.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I have a verification of a working way to do this. It will automatically alter all untrusted entries. Requires a PC though, sorry!

    Instructions:
    1. Copy selector.utf from \Windows\Appdb to a folder, the same folder where Fix.exe is (Fix.exe is inside the attached Fix.zip) on your computer.
    2. Run Fix.exe, it will create a new selector.utf and a backup of the original, selector.bak.utf.
    3. Copy the new selector.utf and overwrite the original on the PPC.

    I've included the source to this code also, it's Perl code repackaged into an exe. It's basically a 'Hex Editor' that makes the changes automatically. 'tckmax' comes from the policy.utf file, where it appears it is designated as a domain where 'everything goes'.

    To make this manually with a Hex editor, just change "untrusted" to "tckmax " with 3 trailing spaces.

    Has anybody tried the new 4.1 beta yet? Does this fix still work?
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Has anybody tried the new 4.1 beta yet? Does this fix still work?
    Yea, the fix still works on 4.1 beta. Just remember to disable direct text entry.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Yea, the fix still works on 4.1 beta. Just remember to disable direct text entry.
    What does disable direct text entry mean? and How do I do it? Thanks
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    What does disable direct text entry mean? and How do I do it? Thanks
    It just means you can type an address in the url field directly, instead of going to the separate screen. Autocomplete and history dropdown lists included. It doesn't work on the 700wx. If you enter a w, you get wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Must turn it off.
  10. #90  
    JBED 3.1 mentioned above:

    http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=228398


    I think this one works with the signed versions of 4.1 beta. No hack necessary to skip the prompt screens:

    If you have a Windows Mobile device with Jbed 3.1, any of the signed versions will do. Note that some people state you need to go for the all-certificate version; that’s not true with Jbed 3.1. Make sure you DO download a signed version and not the unsigned one so that you can easily (without any hacking) can get rid of the security prompts.

    See full review and tutorial for 4.1 beta:

    http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=228396
    Last edited by akenis; 04/04/2008 at 09:34 AM.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    It just means you can type an address in the url field directly, instead of going to the separate screen. Autocomplete and history dropdown lists included. It doesn't work on the 700wx. If you enter a w, you get wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Must turn it off.
    Thanks for the reply. I don't see any settings for those options. whatever
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I don't see any settings for those options. whatever
    Well I'm guessing u don't have 4.1 beta...it's on by default and very annoying on the 700wx..must be turned off in settings menu. Go menu/tools/help/about...what version of Opera

    Take a look at the links above for the 4.1 tutorial....to see what it looks like.
  13. #93  
    Ahhh....I did install 4.1, but my shortcut that I downloaded from the first post was/is still pointing to 4.0. If I launch the Esmertec Jbed then I can choose which version of Opera Mini to launch.
    Now, I can mess around with both.

    BTW, my esmertec jbed build id is 20070802.2.1....so I should be using a different jbed on my Treo700wx? Like the one you posted above. Correct?

    Thanks for your help and patience.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Ahhh....I did install 4.1, but my shortcut that I downloaded from the first post was/is still pointing to 4.0. If I launch the Esmertec Jbed then I can choose which version of Opera Mini to launch.
    Now, I can mess around with both.

    BTW, my esmertec jbed build id is 20070802.2.1....so I should be using a different jbed on my Treo700wx? Like the one you posted above. Correct?

    Thanks for your help and patience.
    I couldn't get them both to install. Had to remove 4.0.

    Just tried the 3.1 Jbed, can't get it to install:

    ...cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of it's components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file....

    I'd stick with the cloudya jbed for now. Any ideas?

    http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=228398

    Now it's for wm6 devices.....

    Where's my 800!!!
    Last edited by akenis; 04/04/2008 at 02:56 PM.
  15. ajlee7's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by yapstuz View Post
    what can i do with a jad? isn't that a palm file?
    Step #1 on your PC, download the Jbed MIDlet Manager HERE

    Step #2 on your PC, transfer the Cloudyfa_EsmertecJbed.cab file to your Treo

    Step #3 on your Treo, install Cloudyfa_EsmertecJbed.cab

    Step #3 on your Treo, enter the address http://mini.opera.com/
  16. #96  
    can I start find in opera mini from today screen plugin ?
    its still open MSIE...
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post

    3. Start Menu Shortcut: Optional (Recommended) Copy lnk file from this zip into your device's \Windows\Start Menu\Programs directory.
    I just had to hard reset and restore from a backup....now when I launch opera mini from this shortcut it says it can't find suite s0. I've tired changing the spaces, numbers, lots of combinations. Can you help me figure out what is the name/number designation for the shortcut for the opera mini as I have it installed. I've uninstalled/reinstalled....but I just can't figure it out.

    I noticed I uninstalled jbed, then reinstalled and I see opera mini was still installed so I must not have uninstalled/deleted everything. Where does jbed store it's data if I want to uninstall.

    Thanks to anyone that can help.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    I just had to hard reset and restore from a backup....now when I launch opera mini from this shortcut it says it can't find suite s0. I've tired changing the spaces, numbers, lots of combinations. Can you help me figure out what is the name/number designation for the shortcut for the opera mini as I have it installed. I've uninstalled/reinstalled....but I just can't figure it out.

    I noticed I uninstalled jbed, then reinstalled and I see opera mini was still installed so I must not have uninstalled/deleted everything. Where does jbed store it's data if I want to uninstall.

    Thanks to anyone that can help.
    Go into windows/Appdb and find what suite number is being used for Opera. Once you know the number, go to the shortcut, open it with Word, change the "0" in "s0" to the number that you found. Hit OK to close, and the shortcut will be saved with the new suite number. That should solve your problem.
  19. #99  
    Thanks....That did the trick.
  20. #100  
    Can someone post the newest version of the 3.1 Jbed here? Any thought if it will allow the Sprint cup nascar app. to work on the Treo 700WX?

    Thanks
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions