Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    thanks for the info Jdoc,

After a reinstall everything works fine (i did not bypass the popups though)
  2.    #62  
    Opera Mini 4 beta 3 is out. Big improvements in cookie handling, and it finally offers online bookmark saving!! I was just thinking about how often I reinstall Opera Mini and how I have to redo my bookmarks every time.

As last time, get it at:
    http://mini.opera.com/beta

and keep pressing OK on everything until it's installed.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Looks like Opera Mini 4 FINAL is out. Time to redo those bookmarks again!
  4.    #64  
    True, but I had upgraded to 4 beta 3 so I already had the bookmarks synchronized online I *LOVE* that feature!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    uh-oh. Is it me, or does the connection pop-up hack no longer work? Every time I apply it, Mini fails to launch.
  6.    #66  
    It just ran fine for me, I've not had any problems with it and it works fine with my old Moto Q also.

If you can't get it to work then I recommend uninstalling java and deleting the \Windows\appdb folder and reinstalling. Make sure your bookmarks are synchronized first!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Thanks. Complete uninstall/reinstall worked.
    My shortcut doesnt seem to work. I have searched around and tried the 2 listed on page 1.

I get the following error "Could not find suite s0_"

I have no other applications installed in jbed.
  9.    #69  
    you're going to have to open that .lnk file on your PC (with notepad for example) and change the s0_ to s1_, then overwrite the one on the device.

You can go to \Windows\appdb and see the number of the 'suite' to determine your proper number, but it's most likely 1.
    Other than tabs, what does opera mini do that pie doesn't?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    opera mini does tabs??
  12.    #72  
    Opera Mini does not do tabs.

Also, Updated the first post with some new tips such as how to get your free online account with Opera (to sync bookmarks), adding Google as your default search on the Start Page and Mobile View.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Opera Mini does not do tabs.

Also, Updated the first post with some new tips such as how to get your free online account with Opera (to sync bookmarks), adding Google as your default search on the Start Page and Mobile View.
    I did not think so...I was sitting there thinking how on earth did I miss that the entire time...
    is there a way to make it the defalt browser
    The midlet app appears under Remove Programs, but Opera doesn't. How do I uninstall? Are there specific files I need to delete in Resco?
  16.    #76  
    no way to make it default browser.

Uninstall: Use Remove Programs to get rid of the midlet manager and browse to \Windows\Appdb and delete that whole directory.

Uninstall: Use Remove Programs to get rid of the midlet manager and browse to \Windows\Appdb and delete that whole directory.
    This is wonderful so far, and the instructions have been clear! But I still can't figure out how to get rid of the pop-ups which ask about net access, and telling me that air time will cost money. Can you please direct me to the part of the thread where you covered this?

Edit-- found it! Post #18. Works flawlessly :-)
    Last edited by neill; 11/09/2007 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Update
    I am all of a sudden seeing this error -

"Error
    No Space Left"

Someone way smarter than me thinks you can. I tried it and it seems to work on my 700wx. See this thread.
    I wish I could copy and past text in Mini. Otherwise it works perfectly, and the touchscreen even works!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast