Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    well, it works great with the one that was available....thank you everyone that did this!!! Finally full web

Is the beta going to timeout on us then we will have to install the latest non beta?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    Is the beta going to timeout on us then we will have to install the latest non beta?
    Most likely
    wow, that sucks so bad!!! This is absolutely awesome!! I might even have to buy the full version sucks to have to buy a awesome web browser for a phone that is supposed to be made for it....
    I tried installing again and skipping step 3. It worked! Then, after trying step 3 and installing the shortcut I now only get the message: The MIDlet could not be instantiated: java.lang.NullPointerException

Can I restore the original selector.utf file, or do I have to do this from scratch again? Not sure whether it was the replacement of the utf file or the installation of the shortcut that did it.

Any suggestions?

I would like to get this to work and experiment before committing to Opera 8.65 (which I had in beta for months but now would actually have to pay for!)

Thanks
    Silly me. I re-installed the jar file. Now it seems to work again... Slower than 8.65, but very cool
  6.    #46  
    It was most likely the fault of selector.utf. From now on, all connection pop-up removals must follow the instructions here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...66#post1343066

Modified the first post as well. Just safer to do it this way.
    I used the older utf file. How would I update it now using your newer instructions now that the original original utf file is already gone?
    P.S> I am still getting the popups....
  9.    #49  
    Use your current selector.utf and follow the instructions in the link above. a PC is required
    OK tried it. Still had to reload the jar file to get the browser to load. Still getting the untrusted notice pop ups for each site I try and travel to... Bummer. But otherwise it works.
    Anyone notice that the treocentral links do not work in Opera Mini? I can't get to the discussion board....or maybe it is just me?
    after a soft reboot I get the following -

"The MIDlet could not be instantiated:

java.lang.NullPointerException"

any ideas?
    try reinstalling the jar file using the java app. click menu, then click install and then click local files and follow the instructions from there to reinstall
    I know to do that...but will I have to do that after ever reboot?
    Doesn't look like it. At least not on my 700wx! Try it. What's the worst that can happen?
  16.    #56  
    You most certainly do not need to redo any of this after a reboot.
    am I doing something wrong then?
  18.    #58  
    can you load without issue from the java app, or is the shortcut giving you the issue?

Edit: I kinda recommend uninstalling the java cab, then deleting the \Windows\AppdB folder entirely if it still exists, then reinstalling the whole thing step by step.
    ok, thanks will do.

also it was not launching from the shortcut or the midilet
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    wow, that sucks so bad!!! This is absolutely awesome!! I might even have to buy the full version sucks to have to buy a awesome web browser for a phone that is supposed to be made for it....
    Uh, opera mini is free, and as far as I'm concerned opera doesn't intend to charge for it even when the final version ships.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast