Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    what can i do with a jad? isn't that a palm file?
    When I try and open Opera Mini, a red status bar appears on the bottom of the screen with 'Installing' below it. It almost finishes and then it throws an error saying "Failed to connect to the Internet".

Anyone else experiencing this?
    I just started experiencing this today, worked fine yesterday.... Even did a hard reset to re-install and its not working again today... I really like this program whys it not connecting all of the sudden?

EDIT: Its weird, I tried the original version of Opera Mini 3.1 and it connected fine, wonder why the other ones not working. Anyone else having that problem today, is the software down?

ANOTHER EDIT: Seems to be a sitewide problem see http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=204215 they seem to be messing around with the software, down for a lot of people today. Lets hope its back up tomorrow.
    Last edited by AFAngryWarrior; 09/08/2007 at 08:23 PM.
  4.    #24  
    well, it's still in beta so i bet work continues on it.

As for me, I'm using 3.1 exclusively these days, I find the one-column (fit to width) rendering much better than 4.
    Hey g-funk - the Opera4beta2 signed midlet you linked up in the OP is giving me a 404. Any other sources?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    It seems that Java, or at least Jbed, running on WM5 is not multitasking?

That is, I have operamini launched, then I switch to the today screen to check something, then I go back to programs, launch the Jbed app in order to launch the gmail java app. But instead of getting to the Jbed menu, I get taken to operamini.

Is there a button I'm supposed to press to switch into the Java launcher menu?

Just a curiosity since the gmail app doesn't work due to some certificate error, and I don't have any other java apps.

On a different note, wow is OperaMini very cool! I love it already
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi View Post
    Hey g-funk - the Opera4beta2 signed midlet you linked up in the OP is giving me a 404. Any other sources?
    I don't get a 404 when I click on it.. maybe a mistype?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi View Post
    Well, it wasn't a 404 but it was unsigned, not different from the one on Opera.com. Changed the link to the one Mal posted in the previous thread, that one works and is signed.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I have a verification of a working way to do this. It will automatically alter all untrusted entries. Requires a PC though, sorry!
    Thanks g-funkster! Out of all the fixes for this, yours is the only one I could get to work (and it worked easily on the first try). I also give credit to Mal posting over on XDA as that's where I found it (after following links on TC, go figure!).
    Tried this install multiple times onmy 700wx. No luck I just get an error message re certificates and cannot open the Opera mini browser...
    P.S. I used the download from the XDA site.
  12. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Im assuming these BETA versions will expire so is there an official version of Opera Mini available & if so,is it missing any KEY features that are in the BETA version?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopybird View Post
    Tried this install multiple times onmy 700wx. No luck I just get an error message re certificates and cannot open the Opera mini browser...
    I just tried installing the defcomg mini.jar file ( I hadn't previously ) and I too get a certificate error. I would recommend *not* doing the alternate install at this point... unless someone has had success with it? Please chime in, otherwise I will remove it from 1rst post.

Edit: Alternate method removed from Post 1. Info preserved in quote:

2 (Alternate) Consolidate Steps 2 & 3: Browse to this link in PIE for installation:
    Opera Mini 4 Beta 2 (Latest): http://defcomg.wen.ru/Nokia/mini.jar

(Thanks Malatesta & the folks at XDA-Devs at this thread, in particular defcomg)

Skip down to step 4.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 10/03/2007 at 09:05 PM.
    I also tried the updated version of the jar file posted separately in the XDA site. That didn't work either.

That said, I am not sure I understand the alternate instructions. I am a bit technologically challenged...

Can anyone give it to me in baby steps?

Either that or I'll wait for a fix to the XDA method...

Thanks!
  15.    #35  
    I'd uninstall the Java, browse to the \Windows folder on the device and delete the appdb folder (if it still exists), then try it again.

Also, skip step 3 while you're at it and see if you get it working *with* the connection prompt, and work from there.
  16. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Got it to work!!! Thanks Mal & g-Funkster. Palm should have this type of browser built in. I do however still prefer PIE for most things but as far as web browsing graphic intensive sites,this beats it hands down! Thanks again!
  17. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Where is the cache stored for Opera Mini? I can't seem to find it?
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
  18.    #38  
    Opera Mini does not keep a cache in storage.
    I also do not see the "high memory version" is it required?
  20.    #40  
    Type this into PIE to get the high memory JAD directly (yes, it is required):

http://tinyurl.com/3x7sbg
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast