Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    All good. But when I try to install the WM6 upgrade I get the error msg that the device is not a Treo 750, which is clearly is...It's unbranded. May this be why?
    The updater will update only specific branded Treos. You can always do card update...
    You have to do the card update if you want it on a non-aussie 750. I installed it on my ATT 750. Interesting thing, and I posted this over at xda: I put the file (cappackage) from the ATT WM6 rom in the extrom and I left the newer carrierDB in there and hard reset. I now get these options in my band selection:

GSM, UMTS, or Auto

then

Auto
    GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(2100)
    GSM(1900+850)+UMTS(1900+850)
    GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(2100+850)
    GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(850)

The radio firmware has also been upgraded to 1.52.30. Apparently this has fixed some issues with 1.47 according to SecureGSM over on XDA.
    I have a Telstra branded Treo that refused to do the update via USB.. Said it was an Unsupported Device.. Pish!

I followed the instructions here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=10

But had to rename CHEEIMG_FW.nbh to CHEEIMG.nbh before anything good would happen..

Did the reset and it is updating as I type..

Will let you know how it goes...

OK.. Update complete.. There was no prompt to Hard Reset so I did anyway.. It then booted into WM6 with the new splash screen..

Then it told me Palm was setting up my new device in a nasty orange palm font.. Couple of spinning beach balls..

I then got the normal Windows Mobile device set up system, digitiser, time zone, network time, language, then another reboot..

Haha, then an intro to Treo walkthrough... Then the phone PIN and bingo! WM6 Today screen...

Nope... another reboot to put "customization settings" into effect..

And... Yup, Now its done!

Strangely hasnt changed the software version, for me, still TREO750-1.15-ROW..

Cool
    Last edited by skerric; 09/06/2007 at 03:30 AM.
    skerric, I have a couple of questions as I have a Telstra purchased 750
    1. Does it work
    2. Is it Three Branded anywhere
    3. Did you lose all data i.e. does the Treo have to be setup as if it was new ?
    4. Was it worth the effort
    5. Does it work

Thanks

Nigel
    I'm also left wondering why Three got the update first when Telstra was the first Telco is AU to supply the 750's
    So where is the update for the Treo 750 for the U.S.????
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Hey Nigel

It certainly does work.. Bit of a work around to get it on though..

It is very much three branded.. It has pre-configured settings for three data, has links to planet three in the menu, a three background picture and a three splashscreen when you switch on or off the phone wireless, much more than the Telstra WM5 ROM.

I did loose all the settings.. I am just in the process now of reinstalling all my apps and syncing all my data..

I am not sure yet if it was worth the effort.. I was getting pretty annoyed with WM5 and some performance issues so I will be interested to see how WM6 works after a few days..

It does seem zippier though.. wonder what will happen when I start installing more apps..

I am a Mac user as well and the bluetooth PAN is worth it for me alone.. The Missing Sync also seems to be working a LOT better with WM6..

I will keep trawling through and keep you up to speed..

Ryan
    Ahh you see we've currently got your commander and chief in town and refused to let him go unless Palm released something here first !!
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    me too have a Telstra branded Treo with TREO750-1.15 ROW and after to 3AU WM6 using boot loader method, the TREO 750-1.15 ROW didnt change..

Didnt like the 3AU branding and I am using Voda sim on this so with the help of Merlyn_3D (hi again!) I replaced the 3AU CapPackage file with the Voda CapPackage version.. Voda have very little customisations, from what I can see only splash screen, and it changed the network band selection as listed by Merlyn_3D (the 3AU band options are listed as Australia, US, Europe)..
    Thanks, I think I'll sit tight and wait for the Telsra ROM
    Anyone have the link to direct download? I don't have a serial number that will work for Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Anyone have the link to direct download? I don't have a serial number that will work for Australia.
    Try this:
    http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...topUpdater.zip
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    try this one, provided by Merlyn_3D in another forum:
    http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...topUpdater.zip
    Thanks. I'm more interested in the radio update but it appears some that have updated are not getting updated.
    Thanks. I'm more interested in the radio update but it appears some that have updated are not getting updated.
    Not getting updated? What do you mean? The software version you see that says something like Treo750-1.13-ATT or something like that is pretty much superficial. What seems to matter is the WM6 version and the firmware version.
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeldr View Post
    Ahh you see we've currently got your commander and chief in town and refused to let him go unless Palm released something here first !!
    I would like to personally "pre-apologize" for any and all comments the embarrassment we have for a President makes while in your country. Why did you guys let him in? Doesn't Australia's immigration policy have a clause for denying mass murderers entry into your country?
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Not getting updated? What do you mean? The software version you see that says something like Treo750-1.13-ATT or something like that is pretty much superficial. What seems to matter is the WM6 version and the firmware version.
    Well mine says 1.16 CNG and I thought that by upgrading it would go to 2.28 (or whatever it is) as some of the guys over on XDA have found. Is that the radio firmware? Because I am seeing more guys up there claiming that hasn't changed.

Also, how do I change the capackage? Is there a link to the steps I need to take to do that?

Thx
    Well mine says 1.16 CNG and I thought that by upgrading it would go to 2.28 (or whatever it is) as some of the guys over on XDA have found. Is that the radio firmware? Because I am seeing more guys up there claiming that hasn't changed.

Also, how do I change the capackage? Is there a link to the steps I need to take to do that?

Thx
    Is it AT&T-branded?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast