Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes - well, it's Cingular and I've unlocked it. I successfully updated from 1.13 to 1.16 back when the first Vodaphone ROM was leaked (WM5 days).
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Well mine says 1.16 CNG and I thought that by upgrading it would go to 2.28 (or whatever it is)
    I wouldn't worry about it, mine has said TREO750-1.12-VFU on it from the original WM5 Vodafone release, the later update, the leaked AT&T WM6 firmware and the current Vodafone WM6 firmware
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    I would like to personally "pre-apologize" for any and all comments the embarrassment we have for a President makes while in your country. Why did you guys let him in? Doesn't Australia's immigration policy have a clause for denying mass murderers entry into your country?
    And I'd like to apologize for those blind liberals in the US who think that fighting the President of the US is waaay more important than combating Islamofacism.

Maybe after one of their family members gets beheaded or burned alive in a bomb explosion they will wake up from their ignorant daydreaming.
    Jer 23:29
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    And I'd like to apologize for those blind liberals in the US who think that fighting the President of the US is waaay more important than combating Islamofacism.

Maybe after one of their family members gets beheaded or burned alive in a bomb explosion they will wake up from their ignorant daydreaming.
    I'd suggest this discussion (or in the case of the last post, the name calling) gets moved to the off topic forum.
    Guess I've not seen a political technical discussion. Please do make it a side bar or better yet find another forum other than this fine technical one.

Txs
    You're right. Back on topic. Will the Australia ROM work on AT&T Treo 750's? Also, would it be possible to transfer my 320x320 screen from my Treo 650 over to the 750 get me the 320x320 resolution with WM6? That would be hot.

P.S. Gotta love signatures.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

I've got it running on my AT&T phone. I'm just having issues activating TomTom again but that is just their stupid limitations on activations (not that their activations aren't already a reason to want to vomit) apparently to prevent the gazillion torrents of cracked versions available on the net already. So just as MS does, lets keep us honest customers as inconvienienced as possible.

I've not seen much difference in performance or anything else so I don't know that this worth the trouble. The leaked AT&T ROM was working fine for me....but I could not resist playing to tweak it up a bit more.
    I had the Vodafone VFE and did the upgrade to the ireland version of the rom and it had the Windows live services on the program menu. Then I did the Australia rom update thru the MINISD card and the windows live services is gone, even the messenger is not there. Is it because I screwed around with the ext. rom? or is just not available to 3 customers in Australia. Anyone having the same issue????
    I had the Vodafone VFE and did the upgrade to the ireland version of the rom and it had the Windows live services on the program menu. Then I did the Australia rom update thru the MINISD card and the windows live services is gone, even the messenger is not there. Is it because I screwed around with the ext. rom? or is just not available to 3 customers in Australia. Anyone having the same issue????
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    @vmah.. I too had the same problem.. looked at the contents of the cappackages between VF and 3AU and 3AU has Windows Live in a rar format while VF didnt have any.. so i just copied the Windows Live filr from the 3AU cappackage and installed it on my Treo750.. seems to work ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    You have to do the card update if you want it on a non-aussie 750. I installed it on my ATT 750. Interesting thing, and I posted this over at xda: I put the file (cappackage) from the ATT WM6 rom in the extrom and I left the newer carrierDB in there and hard reset. I now get these options in my band selection:

GSM, UMTS, or Auto

then

Auto
    GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(2100)
    GSM(1900+850)+UMTS(1900+850)
    GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(2100+850)
    GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(850)

The radio firmware has also been upgraded to 1.52.30. Apparently this has fixed some issues with 1.47 according to SecureGSM over on XDA.
    I have an unbranded 750 Version TREO750-2.27-RWE. Radio firmware is 1.54.01. Problem is that I only have:
    GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(2100)
    GSM(1900+850)+UMTS(1900+850)

I need the Telstra 3G band ie:
    GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(850)

I can't dump a Telstra ROM on it- says "not a 750 smartphone". I also tried editing the registry to include the new band but it didn't help. Does anyone have the Telstra carrierDB file ????

Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by vmah View Post
    Not all ROMs include the Live installer.

Follow the link to "software picks" in my signature and you can download the install cab for Windows Live. I yanked it from the Extended ROM of Palm's unbranded WM6 release.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12