1.    #1  
    I am trying to share my computer's internet connection with my Treo via activesync. In the past it used to just work and I never really gave it a second thought. For some reason, it now will not work. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere? A code that I must activate? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I understand using a wifi card to get online around your house, or out in the yard

but to connect your phone to browse the internet, when you are sitting down right in front of a computer seems a little well (don't take offense) ridiculous.

as for your problem, I never heard of such a situation; and didn't think it was even possible.
    Now just to clarify, are you talking about using your phone as a modem, or connecting your pda to the net though your computer?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Now just to clarify, are you talking about using your phone as a modem, or connecting your pda to the net though your computer?
    I would like to connect my pda to the net through my computer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big V View Post
    I would like to connect my pda to the net through my computer
    Does your Activesync connection settings look like this?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Does your Activesync connection settings look like this?

Surur
    I don't have that bottom option shown in your picture. I am using WM5 - is that a WM6 option? I would like to get this working for my Slingplayer.
    You know, I have that option when the Treo is not connected. As soon as I plug it in, the option goes away. Same on my laptop and desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHogsAR View Post
    You know, I have that option when the Treo is not connected. As soon as I plug it in, the option goes away. Same on my laptop and desktop.
    Mine behaves the same way. I think thats the expected behavior.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Mine behaves the same way. I think thats the expected behavior.

Surur
    So can you use your computer's internet connection on your phone when it is tethered?
    So can you use your computer's internet connection on your phone when it is tethered?
    Yes, it works fine. If yours is not working, maybe the next step is looking at your fire wall.

Surur
  11.    #11  
    I don't have that bottom option shown in your picture. I am using WM5 - is that a WM6 option? I would like to get this working for my Slingplayer.

Thank you very much! - your screenshot reminded me that after I reformatted my hard drive, I never updated activesync to version 4.5. Once I did, I was able to use the internet the way I wanted to. Thanks so much!