I have a Treo 700wx with Verizon. I am having problem when using active sync with Exchange server 2007. I keep having the error "The security certificate on the server is invalid..." I have installed the Globalsign certificate under Certificate/root. I don't think the certificate is invalid, otherwise, my users would have problem using OWA. I have talked to Verizon, then they transferred me to Palm. They both said something wrong on my end. Please, can anyone help me trouble shoot?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbar View Post
    I have a Treo 700wx with Verizon. I am having problem when using active sync with Exchange server 2007. I keep having the error "The security certificate on the server is invalid..." I have installed the Globalsign certificate under Certificate/root. I don't think the certificate is invalid, otherwise, my users would have problem using OWA. I have talked to Verizon, then they transferred me to Palm. They both said something wrong on my end. Please, can anyone help me trouble shoot?

So everyone else is using the same cert and are able to sync but you are not? Am I understanding correctly? Put the cert on an expansion card and execute the cert from there and see where the Treo puts it. You may also want to recopy your cert to make sure it isnt corrputed especially if you use the same one to copy to all devices.

To my knowledge, the 700wx's are not carrier locked in regards to private certificates so that shouldn't be an issue (like with the MotoQ). Worst case, hard reset and install a fresh copy of the cert and see what happens.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    This is the first mobile device that I am trying to implement with active sync since the conversion to Exchange server 2007. All my users are using OWA when they are outside of the company. I loaded the certificate on the SD card, then I executed it from the Palm Treo. I have exported many root certificates hopefully one will work. I have done the Base64-encoded, DER-encoded X.509, P7B. Is there anyway, I can test my certificate?
    The certificate may well be valid but Activesync just does not like it.

We are running Small Business Server 2003.

I had the exact same problem, I can use OWA w/no problem and I can connect with Outlook via http/rpc.

I installed the certs manually via SD card.

I even tried several different certificates including a purchased one from Go Daddy to no avail.

In the end after months of trial and error, I punted and went with Sprint Business Connect.

That said, I am so surprised (high sarcasm levels) that Microsoft didn't iron this out in Server 2007...