Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    I love my Treo 750 as a Pocket PC, but as a phone it is a disaster!
    Not Palm's fault, I have the same gripe with all Windows Mobile Phones.

1. Often (randomly), while I am on a call, suddenly the clock settings appear. I have the screengaurd on so it isn't my face accidentally bumping it. This has happened in WM5 and WM6.

2. I constantly miss calls. Maybe its my fault, but when it rings, and I go to answer, I sometimes press another button (on the side or keypad) and it just stops ringing.

3. Basically, it is just a "procedure" to use the phone. It's not quick and easy like a Nokia.

I know it's not a Nokia, but maybe there is some 3rd party phone software that runs on WM6 that will make it more like a Nokia.
    Does anyone know of such software?
    Make sure to increase the length of time the phone rings before it goes to voice mail. The networks intentionally set it at the incredibly low 15 seconds, when 30 seconds is much more manageable.

Surur
    sounds like a good idea, but have you acually done this? is this a registry setting?
    Its under Start>Settings>Services>Call Forwarding - Get settings

And change the settings on the page.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Its under Start>Settings>Services>Call Forwarding - Get settings

And change the settings on the page.

Surur
    Actually, for the AT&T 750 the menu path is Start>Settings>Phone>services>Call Forwarding

Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    Actually, for the AT&T 750 the menu path is Start>Settings>Phone>services>Call Forwarding

Thx - left of one step

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by kingweb View Post
    3. Basically, it is just a "procedure" to use the phone. It's not quick and easy like a Nokia.
    I think exactly the same! Even if everything is working, seems like they've "added" a phone functionality in a computer. I must say that it that specific part, Symbian make a much better job...

Another problem I had is the Alarm Clock! In all the Nokia I had till now, I could set Alarm Clock for the morning after very easily. In the Treo, with all the softwares I've tried (Best is Chronos and enAlarmPPC) it's a procedure to set alarm clock. For ex. when it's ringing in the morning, and off course the screen is locked, I have to press the center button and THEN only snooze the alarm... It's simply not made for simple things...