1.    #1  
    I just noticed my computer hasn't been detecting my treo anymore, I just got done reinstalling activesync 4.5 and doing a hard reset. I have disabled firewall and my antivirus as well but it still wont connect. I have also tried syncing it with my laptop as well, but no luck

What is the *** deal?
    Try this if you've not already done it... rather than simply re-installing ActiveSync or WMDC over top of the old, go into Control Panel add/remove programs and uninstall ActiveSync. Reboot. Then reinstall ActiveSync or WMDC (depending XP or Vista). Try again.

Also, you might want to try this. Disconnect Treo USB from PC. Go into Device Manager on the PC (right-click My Computer and choose Manage, then select Device Manager). Expand Mobile Devices and right-click on PocketPC or Mobile Device, depending on if you have XP or Vista. Choose to uninstall the drivers for that device. Re-connect USB with Treo to PC, allow PC to re-detect and auto-reinstall the drivers. Try again.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Try this if you've not already done it... rather than simply re-installing ActiveSync or WMDC over top of the old, go into Control Panel add/remove programs and uninstall ActiveSync. Reboot. Then reinstall ActiveSync or WMDC (depending XP or Vista). Try again.

Also, you might want to try this. Disconnect Treo USB from PC. Go into Device Manager on the PC (right-click My Computer and choose Manage, then select Device Manager). Expand Mobile Devices and right-click on PocketPC or Mobile Device, depending on if you have XP or Vista. Choose to uninstall the drivers for that device. Re-connect USB with Treo to PC, allow PC to re-detect and auto-reinstall the drivers. Try again.

-Frank

Mine freaked out on me yesterday and I did this exact thing and it worked. Completely removed WMDC (I'm running Vista Enterprise), hard reset my phone, restarted and reinstalled WMDC without the update to 6.1 (the update was flaky on my machine for some reason). Everything is fine now.

I would start there and see how it works!
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    ...reinstalled WMDC without the update to 6.1...
    Just curious... how did you reinstall WMDC without the update? Where did you get the program to install it? The only MS download I can find is the 6.1 version.

-Frank
  5.    #5  
    thanks alot frank..im gonna try that and see how it works.

ill be back to give you an update!
  6.    #6  
    hmm..maybe thats why this isnt working. there is no mobile devices under the hardware manager? maybe thats the problem...

i dont have the cd that the phone should have come with, is there anywhere I can download it? or do I even need it?
    You don't need the CD, you just need the ActiveSync software for XP (or WMDC for Vista). You can download either one starting here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/default.mspx

-Frank