1.    #1  
    I just today purchased Sprite Backup v6. It will backup to my SD card on my Treo 700WX, but not to my PC.

When I initiate a backup from the PC the "status" window seems in an enless loop saying "Sprite Backup Manager - Backup in progress" "Please wait while the device prepares to reset".

I've let it go for well over 15 minutes and the PC "status" window never changes!

My Treo 700WX displays "operation start confirmation" and then "Data Connection" "Connecting to PC" which after about 2 minutes just returns me to the "Today Screen" of the PPC and does nothing further.

Meanwhile the PC continues to be "stuck" in a loop still saying "Sprite Backup Manager - Backup in progress" "Please wait while the device prepares to reset".

What do I need to do to get this working?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm not having any issue with Sprite Backup; PC backups are working just fine. For the record, I'm running ActiveSync 4.5 (5059) Beta.
    Pilot 1000>Palm Pilot>Palm IIIx>Visor Prism>Toshiba e310>Toshiba e740>PPC-6700>Treo 700wx
    <a href="http://www.xianfox.com">xianfox.com</a>
    I just use mobsync to synchronize my backups folder on my SD to one on my PC. I have it set up that way at my work computer also so I got my backups on both.
  4.    #4  
    I'm using ActiveSync 4.1. Do you have any reason to believe that a newer version of ActiveSync would help? By the way, what are the improvements in 4.2?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Activesync would be the first place I'd check, but I have no concrete proof that's the cause. I do understand your reluctance to mess with it tho..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    Pilot 1000>Palm Pilot>Palm IIIx>Visor Prism>Toshiba e310>Toshiba e740>PPC-6700>Treo 700wx
    <a href="http://www.xianfox.com">xianfox.com</a>
  6.    #6  
    Well, I tried installing Activesyc 4.1 and then uninstalling and reinstalling Sprite Backup. Unfortuately I still have the same results I mentioned in the first posting of this thread. I can not do a backup to my PC!

Anyone had this problem and know a solution? So far Sprite support has not been able to figure it out.

Thanks,
    Tom
  7.    #7  
    The problem was with Norton. I went to Norton's panel to allow Activesync and Sprite to connect, but unfortuatly there was also a "glitch" cause by a "bad" niscmnht.dll that did not permit me to allow full access to Activesync and Sprite.

Finally, I just uninstalled Norton and replaced it with NOD32. It works just fine now!

Thanks to all those that responded.

Tom