1.    #1  
    I got pushed in a swimming pool this past weekend with my Treo in my pocket

I immediately took out the battery, SIM and SD card and left it to dry over night, however after two days I still have some water trapped under the touch screen and its not working. The phone works just not the touch screen.

I dismantled the phone today and there is some minor corrosion/rust in there but nothing too bad. There is no way to get the water out from under the glass other than waiting of it to evaporate.

I'm wondering if I buy a new screen and install it will it work or is there something else that controls the touch screen functionality?

Thanks
    Wow dude sorry to hear about that, I'd be f-ing pist!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sruzgar View Post

I immediately took out the battery, SIM and SD card and left it to dry over night, however after two days I still have some water trapped under the touch screen and its not working. The phone works just not the touch screen.

I dismantled the phone today and there is some minor corrosion/rust in there but nothing too bad. There is no way to get the water out from under the glass other than waiting of it to evaporate.

I'm wondering if I buy a new screen and install it will it work or is there something else that controls the touch screen functionality?

Thanks
    Dude.. take the back off and the battery out. open the

Thanks
    Dude.. take the back off and the battery out. open the sd door and then leave it on the dashboard of the car for an afternoon. the heat will evaporate any water out of the screen. i have revived many a drowned phone that way.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Blackvette is right. Have a little patience before doing anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Widdy View Post
    Blackvette is right. Have a little patience before doing anything else.
    Do Treo owners have patience???
    Yes we do, we have been waitting for the HSDPA Patch since QT1 havent we?? and WM6...I think we have lots of patience.
  8.    #8  
    I found loads of posts on here about putting it in a Tupperware or ZipLoc bag with some silica gel packs so I did that last night and this morning the water under the screen is completely gone!

The phone turns on like before but and everything works except the touch screen function. Being that the Treo was designed for one handed operation this is not too bad but I would still like it to work.

I just dont know if I buy a $60 touch screen and replace it if I will be all good or if there is something on the motherboard that controls the touch screen....?

(oh and im the most impatient person I know)
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I'd be worried about corrosion from the chlorine in the pool water.
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    Maybe a blow drier can speed up the drying process.
    I found loads of posts on here about putting it in a Tupperware or ZipLoc bag with some silica gel packs so I did that last night and this morning the water under the screen is completely gone!

The phone turns on like before but and everything works except the touch screen function. Being that the Treo was designed for one handed operation this is not too bad but I would still like it to work.

I just dont know if I buy a $60 touch screen and replace it if I will be all good or if there is something on the motherboard that controls the touch screen....?

(oh and im the most impatient person I know)

I'd lay a bet there is still moisture in the screen... even though you can't see it.. Try the dashboard method...

Reason being most mobile electronics were designed to handle the extreme heat of a car... so that is the worst case heat you can expose it to without damage.. It WILL evaporate the remaining moisture that the dessicant can not reach..
    i would've collected my $500 from the punks THAT day. sorry.