1.    #1  
    I have a Socket E300 Wifi card that I'm pretty sure is defective. I've neen carrying it around in a plastic bag in my wallet along with a 256MB SD card (which also went bad) for the last 18 months and I think the moisture, pressure, etc. has done it's toll. The last time (last year) that I tried it, it was working only intermittantly then.

So, I would like a card that is low profile and does not stick out far, but I DO want it to work well! Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tom
    i have a spektek (low profile) one for sale..pm me

(also have the palm oem wifi sd card sled)
  3.    #3  
    Surely there must be some of you out there using these? What would you recommend?

Thanks,
    Tom
    I just ordered 2 Socket Wi-Fi P300 cards to two of my users. I have not gotten any feedback from them so I cant say for sure how they are working.

http://www.socketmobile.com/products...ctivity/wi-fi/
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGraves View Post
    I just ordered 2 Socket Wi-Fi P300 cards to two of my users. I have not gotten any feedback from them so I cant say for sure how they are working.

http://www.socketmobile.com/products...ctivity/wi-fi/
    Have you had any feedback yet from your two users on P300 with their 700WX? I just ordered mine and should be arriving tomorrow via FedEx. I'd like to know if any issue during and after installation and connection. Thanks!
    Tony
    SF, CA
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SDW11G&cpc=SCH

installed it using a CAB from a thread on it here instead of the install CD it came with. works fine
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMLINY View Post
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SDW11G&cpc=SCH

installed it using a CAB from a thread on it here instead of the install CD it came with. works fine
    I was using that one until I got switched to SERO. I would recomend that card it worked great.
    I have used my Socket p300 Wi-Fi card for a couple of days now and it works fine. I downloaded the CAB files for the driver adapter, and the Wi-Fi Companion from its company website instead of using the CD that comes with the card.

One minor issue is that if I leave my Treo unattended on the desk for a period of time while connecting with the p300 card, I will need to remove and re-insert the card in order to wake up the Treo as soon as the backlight has gone off. In order to eliminate interferring with the phone wireless manager, the wireless connection must be off, but the phone could be left on to receive call.

As for simple performance, I compared the p300 "G" card against a built-in Wi-Fi "B" card of my Dell Axim X50V pda by downloading multiple times of the 1M size file from www.dslreports.com/mspeed. The average kbps and latency results from the multiple downloads were very similar between the Socket p300 "G" card and the built-in "B" card. It was almost inconclusive for me to tell whether the "G" card is indeed that much faster in real life usage than the "B" card in the X50V. Besides, as the distance between the wireless router and p300 is extended, I have also found the EVDO connection produces a faster or snappier PIE response; however the reverse is true as the p300 is getting closer to the wireless router, it seems like the response is better.

As I have the unlimited EVDO plan, I have not found myself utilizing the p300 as often as I thought I would have before I bought it, but it is definitely a nice compliment for our WM Treos that does not come with Wi-Fi capability.

Cheers,
    Tony
    SF, CA
    Last edited by Antonc; 11/10/2007 at 08:50 PM.
    Does anyone know if this SDIO 802.11b/g Wireless LAN SD Card from Geeks will work on the Treo 750 with WM6? If so, that would be so cool to be able to access g networks.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I'm running the Palm SD card. CompUSA had them on clearance for $20.

But since must remove my SDHC 4 GB card to use the WiFi, I don't use it often. I have good EVDO signal and its not worth the hassle of working without the SD card.

I have a Dell Axim x51v I'll use in a WiFi spot if I know I'm going. More screen, screaming fast and built in Wifi, but I don't carry the dell with me everywhere I go.