1.    #1  
    I have an old version of Sprite backup and I believe I also have a version of Spb backup. Which is perferable? Is there a difference between the Sprite backup on Palm's web site and the one you buy directly from Sprite? I bought mine a 18 months ago directly from Sprite. I wonder what their upgrade policy is?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Last edited by TomBoisseau; 09/04/2007 at 02:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I believe you should be eligible for a $10 upgrade to Sprite Backup 6. I have been using Sprite Backup for several years, and while theres been the occasional difficulty with it, I have generally been happy. Each new version has gotten progressively better. It has saved my bacon dozens of times.

I have never really tried SPB Backup. I had intended a year or so ago (when I was using a 6700) to purchase it in addition to Sprite and write an extensive review of both. SPB never was able to deliver to me a working registration code. After several days I ended up getting a refund from Handango. If you end up going the route of SPB Backup, I would be interested in hearing how it works for you having been a previous Sprite Backup user.
    Pilot 1000>Palm Pilot>Palm IIIx>Visor Prism>Toshiba e310>Toshiba e740>PPC-6700>Treo 700wx
    <a href="http://www.xianfox.com">xianfox.com</a>
    I used the free version of Sprite Backup that came on the 700wx install CD and it worked fine. Now that I am on my Mogul, I use SPB as Sprite had some issues with WM6 at one time. They released a new version that might have fixed the bugs, but I am happy with SPB now.

Both apps are good backup apps and either should serve you well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    i have used both and from my experience it seemed both did what they were supposed to do the same way. i did not notice a huge difference in the two programs as far as one being way better than the other. i chose sprite (because it was free) and because its from the makers of Norton Ghost which has saved my *** many times before.