1.    #1  
    About nine months ago I switched from a Treo 650 to a Cingular 8525. I'm ready to go back to Treo but want to stick with Windows Mobile, plus we just got 3G in my area, so the 750 is the natural choice. I still have my 650 with a Seido car cradle and two desk cradles, so I want to know if they will work with the 750 or if I should sell them along with phone. I assume the car charger will work with the 750 but if someone can confirm that as well I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    All I can tell you is that the 750 fits fine in the Palm cradle for the 650. Stands to reason that the others would work, but I'd send Seido a question....
  3.    #3  
    Thank you, I'll do that. How about the Boxwave screen protector? I have one I haven't opened but can't find the answer on their site.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The 650 and 750 screens are the same size - I am using the Boxwave protector I bought for the 650 on the 750.

Regarding cradles, the 750 will physically fit but my past experience with the Seidio cradles is that they won't allow the 750 to charge.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    The 650 and 750 screens are the same size - I am using the Boxwave protector I bought for the 650 on the 750.
    Great, thanks.

Regarding cradles, the 750 will physically fit but my past experience with the Seidio cradles is that they won't allow the 750 to charge.
    According to their site, the 650 cradle will only work with the 650. It looks like the 680/700/750 cradles are interchangeable. Figures.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I can't figure out why they say that. Perhaps it has to do with the audio jack in the 650 cradle not working with the 750 but otherwise it seems the same. I bought the "Jr." cradle for the 750 (already had the original for the 650) and after three replacements could not get one to charge the 750 even with the extra-cost power supply. Seidio insisted that they had redesigned the cradle to fix this problem, but you couldn't prove it by me.

In any case, unless you can verify that the Seidio cradle will charge your 750 (and the red light coming on is not proof, as the battery drains regardless), I suggest you look elsewhere.
  7.    #7  
    Finally got a response from Seidio tech support and it is contrary to what they have posted on their site. Here is the response:

"The G2200 for Treo 650 is compatible to your Treo 750, you should have no problem using it together."

The 750 should be here tomorrow so I'll know for sure. I'll update in case anyone else has the question in the future.