Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    For some reason, now, the only way I can sync my wx (1.22) to Outlook 2007 is to manually open the Windows Mobile Device Center on the laptop. It used to sync automatically just by plugging it into the USB port. Don't know what I might have changed. Or what to change back. Ideas?

    -Frank
  2. #2  
    Try reinstalling WMDC. That began happening to me and after I reinstalled it, it worked again.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    Try reinstalling WMDC. That began happening to me and after I reinstalled it, it worked again.
    Thank you L3thal! That did it. I was reluctant to try that since I had already ran the "repair" (you get the choice to repair or uninstall in Control Panel add/remove programs). And I had also aready "reinstalled" by overwriting the existing version. None of that worked.

    I had previously downloaded the WMDC 6.1 from MS but wasn't sure it was the whole package (rather than an upgrade).

    Anyway, the only way I could really re-install it was to uninstall it first, reboot, then reinstall.

    -------bottom------
    Bottom line (hehe) It worked!

    Thanks again...

    -Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 09/03/2007 at 04:31 PM.
  4. #4  
    This has happened twice to me and reinstalling WMDC was the only solution I had. One time, it would keep giving me connection errors when connecting to WMDC via bluetooth. I spent two hours figuring it out and I decided to reinstall it and it worked. Second time, WMDC wouldn't even find my Treo when trying to connect via bluetooth or with the sync cable.

    Needless to say, reinstalling the software worked. I am still curious to why it suddenly stops working but that's Microsoft for you.

Posting Permissions