1.    #1  
    I am considering purchasing a 700wx through Verizon.

I am interested in any comments about the quality of phone calls on the
    700wx.

Thanks.
    i only have mine 3 days but so far its good. i think its better than my 700P as far as reception goes
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by spacebar+ View Post
    i only have mine 3 days but so far its good. i think its better than my 700P as far as reception goes

Thanks spacebar+. I am also considering a 700p.

I will be interested to know how you compare the two once you have a few weeks to use the 700wx.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I haven't used the 700p, but as far as my 4 phones go (3 700w's and my current 700wx) the sound has been great. I personally greatly prefer Windows Mobile over Palm... if you like having a lot of control and the ability to change and customize, go 700wx. If you like simplicity and only the stuff you need with no extras, go 700p.
    LongLivePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by raiders1967 View Post
    I am considering purchasing a 700wx through Verizon.

I am interested in any comments about the quality of phone calls on the
    700wx.

Thanks.

My wife tells me the Treo 700wx I have picks up lots of ambient noise. She said comparied to my former phone a Razr it is very bad.
    My friends react like the WX mic is a long range mic. One day I was talking to a truck driver and I was driving in an old, loud truck with the windows down. I drove over new pavement and the asphalt made a sharp pecking noise as it was thrown into the rocker panels and in the fender wells. But he hear THAT over the motor, wind noise, and anything else. Its like whatever is going on 6-15ft away from you is picked up best, lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by RHinNC View Post
    My wife tells me the Treo 700wx I have picks up lots of ambient noise. She said comparied to my former phone a Razr it is very bad.
    ive had mine since they first came out. background noise is a pain in the a**! especially when you compare to a razor, they are excellent. the wife can tell when im driving in my car. cant lie bout that anymore!j/k....you can be driving down the freeway with a razor and your windows rolled down and no one would be able to tell!! ok thats exagerating but you get the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Force View Post
    ive had mine since they first came out. background noise is a pain in the a**! especially when you compare to a razor, they are excellent. the wife can tell when im driving in my car. cant lie bout that anymore!j/k....you can be driving down the freeway with a razor and your windows rolled down and no one would be able to tell!! ok thats exagerating but you get the point.
    The Treo's mic is the cause of this. It is set up for speaker phone usage. Like I have used my Treo on speaker in a conference meating with three of my collegues and the mic is sensative enough so all of us could be heard hence being a business managing device not a cell phone for talking on like a teenager. The same mic for those confrence calls is the same mic your using on your calls, that is why my wife can here the television in the background, neighbor cutting grass and the dug floating air biscuts when I speak at home on the Treo.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    ...and the dug floating air biscuts when I speak at home on the Treo.
    Yea....It's the dog, uh huh, seriously it IS!