Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I need anyone's help to assist me determining what I need to do on my 700wx to watch past episodes that I missed on TV during the week. I installed TCPMP but I still can't watch past episodes, I just get a "Black Screen" when I select dramavision. I thought TCPMP was for media instead of trying to use WMP. Windows Media only works on certain sites on internet. I really want to see this on my Treo. Can anyone give me a sense of direction to make this happen on Treo? I like watching the "Closer and Saving Grace on TNT". I want to see it on my Treo instead of using my laptop. HELP!!!!!

Newbie....

Pap
    Is the a link to these episodes?

Surur
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Yes the links are to the programs...

Pap
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    What are the links to the sites your trying to use? You'll need to provide more details.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    The specific link for the programs I am trying to access is www.tnt.tv/. It allows me to open the program for viewing but there is only a "black screen" after selecting "DramaVision" to watch the full epsiodes for free. To be more specific "The Closer and Saving Grace". On the "black screen" at the top you have "2007 Turner Network Television. A Time Warner Company. All Right Reserved. tbs.com - Private Policy-Terms of Use-TV Parental Controls". And the rest of the sreen is "black". No scroll bars or nothing. I hope this helps.

Pap
    You are trying to view a webpage with an embedded video on your Treo. There are several reasons why this may not work.

1) tnt.tv could be detecting PIE as a non-supported browser and is not embedding the video.
    2) PIE may not be able to display the video. PIE is reported as having problems with embedded video, streaming is recommended over embedding when designing websites that support Windows Mobile.

The best way that I have seen to watch tv on your phone is a combination of a DVR, SlingBox, and the Sling Player on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodisi View Post
    You are trying to view a webpage with an embedded video on your Treo. There are several reasons why this may not work.

1) tnt.tv could be detecting PIE as a non-supported browser and is not embedding the video.
    2) PIE may not be able to display the video. PIE is reported as having problems with embedded video, streaming is recommended over embedding when designing websites that support Windows Mobile.

The best way that I have seen to watch tv on your phone is a combination of a DVR, SlingBox, and the Sling Player on your phone.
    Or Tivo/TvHarmony/Orb the latter two being free.
  8. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    You can't go wrong with Slingbox. I've been using it for about 6months & it has the BEST streaming video quality out of every option that I've tried in terms of watching live TV.
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    Just finished setting up my Slingbox AV and it looks very cool. I want to use it via Slingplayer Mobile on my Treo but my Treo died yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    You can't go wrong with Slingbox. I've been using it for about 6months & it has the BEST streaming video quality out of every option that I've tried in terms of watching live TV.
    Can't argue with that from all the raves I've seen here. Having to pay for the phone viewer software separately really chaps my a$$ though. However, given my daily commute and the GF's frequent trips to asia for work, I'm about to pull the trigger on it.
    i gotta roll with Ya Boi D ... i sling my tivo and cable tv and have had great results . the only thing i can add is that you have lots of upload bandwith on your home internet connection if you go the slingbox route.
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    i gotta roll with Ya Boi D ... i sling my tivo and cable tv and have had great results . the only thing i can add is that you have lots of upload bandwith on your home internet connection if you go the slingbox route.
    What would you call "lots" of upload bandwidth?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    What would you call "lots" of upload bandwidth?
    minimum for slingbox is 512k up ... i would recommend at least 1 mb up

i am fortunate to have 2.5 mb up so i can sling , voip and push files without noticable degradation
    Just got my new 700wx and installed Slingplayer Mobile. Much better than I could have expected. Very pleased with this product to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssieweel View Post
    Just got my new 700wx and installed Slingplayer Mobile. Much better than I could have expected. Very pleased with this product to say the least.
    I setup my slingbox and Slingplayer this week and absolutely LOVE it. One of my best electronic purchases. Why did I wait so long?

1. TIVO
    2. Treo 700wx
    3. Slingbox
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    One word answer: Orb

CLICK HERE