Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I was wondering if there is any program out there that works that will speed up the Treo 700wx. I have loaded a couple programs and I know it slows it down a little bit. I have seen some programs out there such as XCPU Scaler and there is another one I can't remember.

I was wondering if anyone has found a program that improves the speed a little bit and works well.

Thanks,

~J
    pocket hack master is a good app ... lets you test the speeds during set up and choose the ones that work and are stable . it also lets you assign speeds to specific apps on your device so that when it runs it uses that speed only
    Last edited by captblaze; 09/01/2007 at 11:42 PM. Reason: poor grammar
    XCPU Scalar really helped out my 700wx when I'm running multiple resource hogs like GPS and media player. Overclocking also seemed to held with A2DP stuttering. Didn't fix it completely, but it helped.
    I like Teksoft's Speedbooster.

It's not an OCing utility but rather sets higher priority for specific programs you choose, which I find more stable and gives much better battery life than OCing. Overclocking can take a toll on your battery.

It's really good for everyday apps like "phone" in WM which I set to a higher priority, which results in faster incoming call status screens etc.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Thanks for the recommendation, Mal. I'm testing out Speedbooster now, and it looks like a keeper.
    +1 on the battery hit for overclocking. My phone lives most of its life on a charger, so it's not too bad for me, but XCPU Scalar has a dynamic clocking feature that lets the phone underclock itself when the CPU usage is at low % (only works on battery tho - docked = fixed CPU speed).
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I like Teksoft's Speedbooster.

It's not an OCing utility but rather sets higher priority for specific programs you choose, which I find more stable and gives much better battery life than OCing. Overclocking can take a toll on your battery.

It's really good for everyday apps like "phone" in WM which I set to a higher priority, which results in faster incoming call status screens etc.
    When I decided to go with it.

On initial install "Phone" was a program to be selected and monitored.

I can't find "Phone" after re-install"

Any ideas on what happened or what to do to get "Phone" monitored now?

TIA from an older newbie to the world of Palm WM 5 devices!
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I couldn't find it either, until I used the phone itself. Then it just appeared in the list of apps available to be monitored.
    Not sure if dialing out, or getting a call, or an email triggered it, but try them all and it should reappear.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    I couldn't find it either, until I used the phone itself. Then it just appeared in the list of apps available to be monitored.
    Not sure if dialing out, or getting a call, or an email triggered it, but try them all and it should reappear.

Hadn't made a call or received one since install. Upon using the Phone, voila, Phone program showed up in monitoring tab.

Must have been the "Magic" Button I installed later! (J/K)
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMLINY View Post
    Hadn't made a call or received one since install. Upon using the Phone, voila, Phone program showed up in monitoring tab.

Must have been the "Magic" Button I installed later! (J/K)
    Yeah, just a small tip with SB: you need to run the program and hit "refresh" from the menu in the program to that app show up, then you select "monitor" and adjust the priority for it.

You can also do it manually and just point the program to any .exe on the device.

If you guys have any luck with adding any other system files, post 'em as I'm interested.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter