Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hi all, asked this question on another forum but never got a reply so thought I'd try you helpful people : )

I have an unlocked 750v and want to upgrade to the vodafone wm6 but am worried it will lock my phone back to Vodafone. Is this likely to happen or is it once unlocked, always unlocked?

Cheers
    Doubtful. I have an unlocked Vodafone 750v on Rogers in Canada, and installed WM6 with no problems. My Vodafone is the Holland/Ireland one.

Quote Originally Posted by oaklandm View Post
    Hi all, asked this question on another forum but never got a reply so thought I'd try you helpful people : )

I have an unlocked 750v and want to upgrade to the vodafone wm6 but am worried it will lock my phone back to Vodafone. Is this likely to happen or is it once unlocked, always unlocked?

Cheers
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Same here, i have an unlocked Vodafone using it on TMobile here in the states with the update and not locks for me! =)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Ok many thanks people, feel a bit more confident about upgrading now.. Will go ahead and give it a try
    I just noticed tonight that when I turn off the radio, I get the Vodafone Splash Screen. Prior to the update, I used to get a Generic Treo Screen. Is it possible the upgrade somehow locked the phone? Is there any way to find out other than waiting for my bill and getting a huge shock?

I am on Rogers in Canada
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    No, upgrading does not relock the phone.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The splash screen is just an image file and registry setting that is set up when you install a vendor's firmware version. No connection to locking.
    Anyone know how to remove the big red vodafone logo, when turning the phone's radio on/off?
    Last edited by bcruik; 03/17/2008 at 12:57 PM.