Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 247
  1.    #1  
    For those of you who really want to know why the official release of WM6 has not occurred in the U.S. as of yet click on this link.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=151673

    In short, a corporate email solution known as Good Mobile Messaging (GMM) which is owned by Motorola is the sole reason for the delay. They can't get their WM6 compatible software figured out so At&T has delayed the release.

    WDW pointed this out and references a few other posts. Bottom line is that those of you who could care less about GMM should know that they are the reason you are waiting!
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  2. #2  
    For the diligent readers of this forum, this is not news. I reported it on August 20.

    "but the problem is that GoodMail is not compatible with WM6. Since they are a part of the release effort, Palm may be held up till the release of GM5.0 is ready. You've seen the ATT ROM, so you know it's out there."

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=151046
  3. driazen's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #3  
    Any more rumor/etc on when GMM will be anywhere near to ready insidr?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    For the diligent readers of this forum, this is not news. I reported it on August 20.

    "but the problem is that GoodMail is not compatible with WM6. Since they are a part of the release effort, Palm may be held up till the release of GM5.0 is ready. You've seen the ATT ROM, so you know it's out there."

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=151046
    Sorry Insidr, not trying to steal your thunder and take credit for pointing this out. I read the forum often but missed your post on August 20--credit to you for noticing. Regardless, hopefully with this thread title more will find out.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by driazen View Post
    Any more rumor/etc on when GMM will be anywhere near to ready insidr?
    Per GMM's website here is the release date:

    *Good Mobile Messaging 5 will be available in late Q3 2007.

    Here is the link to their PDF datasheet which you will notice takes some reading to ascertain 5.0 is not yet released. Yes it clearly has an asterik that indicates a target release date so you can argue they disclose properly but I don't know why the data sheet does not state "The soon to be released version 5.0" right at the top.

    http://www.good.com/corp/collateral/...ts/gmm5_ds.pdf
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  6. #6  
    Problem is that the "good" folks are as messed up as a gravy sandwich. I would be very surprised if they hit their Q3 target. There are a bunch of issues that still linger from the last release. They never really fixed the Palm OS bugs, which should have been a lot easier than WM.
    My recommendation is to get your hands on the WM6 version floating around. It's pretty much the release version. Then, when the "official" version is released, you can re-install.
    But DON'T upgrade if you depend on GoodMail. I have tried it. It doesn't work and will mess up other stuff.
  7. #7  
    So when is WM6 supposed to finally be unvieled for the 750 here in the States?
  8. jbcross's Avatar
    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #8  
    1. I have the AT&T rom running on my 750 currently. I had GMM running on it just fine as well for a few weeks. Granted it was not 5.0, nonetheless it was GMM running on WM6 treo 750
    2. If you listen the folks running the Voda rom they will tell you that very little has changed from the leaked rom to the “official” one.

    So I guess I am saying that if your really itching to move to WM6 – it out there, just load it.
    Last edited by jbcross; 08/31/2007 at 01:12 PM.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    Problem is that the "good" folks are as messed up as a gravy sandwich. I would be very surprised if they hit their Q3 target. There are a bunch of issues that still linger from the last release. They never really fixed the Palm OS bugs, which should have been a lot easier than WM.
    My recommendation is to get your hands on the WM6 version floating around. It's pretty much the release version. Then, when the "official" version is released, you can re-install.
    But DON'T upgrade if you depend on GoodMail. I have tried it. It doesn't work and will mess up other stuff.
    My problem is I read several posts from people that said 4.9 was working with WM6 but it appears they jumped the gun. Now I must suffer until 5.0 comes out in September or October--maybe.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  10. #10  
    GMM will run on WM6, but it has a million problems. The security is a joke, it will lock up sporadically, especially if you have a hook manager in place. If you like crashing and re=setting, you'll be thrilled.

    I used it for a week and my blood pressure went up about 50 points. Back to my 680 for GM.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    GMM will run on WM6, but it has a million problems. The security is a joke, it will lock up sporadically, especially if you have a hook manager in place. If you like crashing and re=setting, you'll be thrilled.

    I used it for a week and my blood pressure went up about 50 points. Back to my 680 for GM.
    What's a hook manager? Guessing it is a utility that allows you to list the OS/program hooks that have been installed, and selectively enable/disable them?

    Could you point me to one?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    1. I have the AT&T rom running on my 750 currently. I had GMM running on it just fine as well for a few weeks. Granted it was not 5.0, nonetheless it was GMM running on WM6 treo 750
    2. If you listen the folks running the Voda rom they will tell you that very little has changed from the leaked rom to the “official” one.

    So I guess I am saying that if your really itching to move to WM6 – it out there, just load it.
    Same here and it works *flawlessly* and has since the say it was installed.

    The XDA WM6 ROM works with GMM because it reports at a WM5, so the pre-GMM 5.0 works with it. The official WM6 ROM will report as WM6 and pre-5.0 GMM won't work.

    That explains it.

    Good thing there is NO meaningful difference between the XDA and official ROM, other than version reporting!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    Same here and it works *flawlessly* and has since the say it was installed.

    The XDA WM6 ROM works with GMM because it reports at a WM5, so the pre-GMM 5.0 works with it. The official WM6 ROM will report as WM6 and pre-5.0 GMM won't work.

    That explains it.

    Good thing there is NO meaningful difference between the XDA and official ROM, other than version reporting!
    I have not had this experience. Although GMM is stable and does not crash, it has massive delays when typing on the keyboard while composing messages. My experience seems better than some but worse than others who have tried WM6 and GMM 4.9 Problem is isolated to GMM. I think I am stuck until GMM 5.0 comes out.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  14. driazen's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    Problem is that the "good" folks are as messed up as a gravy sandwich. I would be very surprised if they hit their Q3 target. There are a bunch of issues that still linger from the last release. They never really fixed the Palm OS bugs, which should have been a lot easier than WM.
    My recommendation is to get your hands on the WM6 version floating around. It's pretty much the release version. Then, when the "official" version is released, you can re-install.
    But DON'T upgrade if you depend on GoodMail. I have tried it. It doesn't work and will mess up other stuff.
    Well I would but I have just recently gotten my 750 and am still paying it off so I'm loathe to brick it (just my luck lately). I don't use Good, and am fairly tech savvy, I have just had bad enough luck lately to be gun shy. Oh well guess I'm stuck with WM5 till I buy a new device in a few years.
  15. Dmunjal's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I have not had this experience. Although GMM is stable and does not crash, it has massive delays when typing on the keyboard while composing messages. My experience seems better than some but worse than others who have tried WM6 and GMM 4.9 Problem is isolated to GMM. I think I am stuck until GMM 5.0 comes out.
    I have the XDA WM6 image and GMM 4.9 and everything works fine. The problem you're having while composing messages is related to word lookup. Just turn that off in the input a section and you'll be fine.
  16.    #16  
    How do i turn that off? i have looked all through the preferences and can't find it. I can find where I add or delete words to the list but not where to disable it?

    thanks
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  17. #17  
    hmmm. the ppc6800 wm6. it has good and came with wm6 stock
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  18. #18  
    Is Sprint a Goodlink/GMM reseller? That is the difference.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  19. #19  
    Not later than October 4.
  20. driazen's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #20  
    So november 23?
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions