Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I want to upgrade to WM6.0 so bluetooth will work with my car but I am dependent upon GMM for work email. I see that some folks say that GMM works with WM6.0 but I know Good says it is not supported. Therefore, if I flash my phone to the WM6.0 available now and I can't get GMM working under 6.0, can I get a copy (or make my own copy somehow) of my current WM5.0 that is currently working on my phone so I can reflash it back to that earlier version?
    Sorry for the ignorance but some input and guidance would be most helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I think somebody at AT&T high enough up in the organization would (hopefully) view this as abandoning a segment of their customers who originally bought their device in order to use GMM--like I did.
    Yet that same AT&T exec would also have to be painfully aware that the remaining 750 market segment not using GMM, exponentially the majority, is watching the world go by, advancing to WM6 in multitudes of new hardware designs. To not release WM6 for the 750 is a blunder of biblical proportions, from a marketing standpoint. If, however, the Treo line of products is being intentionally marginalized by AT&T, then each of our scenarios makes perfectly sound logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by helfand View Post
    I want to upgrade to WM6.0 so bluetooth will work with my car but I am dependent upon GMM for work email. I see that some folks say that GMM works with WM6.0 but I know Good says it is not supported. Therefore, if I flash my phone to the WM6.0 available now and I can't get GMM working under 6.0, can I get a copy (or make my own copy somehow) of my current WM5.0 that is currently working on my phone so I can reflash it back to that earlier version?
    Sorry for the ignorance but some input and guidance would be most helpful.
    Helfand,

Please PM me. I have all the ROMs (leaked WM6, official WM5 to flash back to if it doesnt work out) so that we can make arranges to get them to you. I know there are links to downloads (I even created a torrent for the leaked WM6 but I dont have it seeded anymore and not sure if any more seeds are still up) and I dont have the link to the WM5 download so it will be easiest to setup a msn file share or something to get it to you.
  4.    #104  
    GG--you better tell the folks that set up your download site to change the way it works then. I just clicked on the Get Good icon and then selected "yes I have a pin" the site then brought up a page that said "download GMM for Pocket PC 6.0"

There was no warning about the incompatibilty and I did not have to input a PIN to get there. When am I supposed to get the warning that GMM does not work on my OS? I am not trying to be a smart a** but this just happened. I did not complete the download because I am already running it but it appeared as if it was going to let me. Will this also happen on the device running WM6 you mention above?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    GG--you better tell the folks that set up your download site to change the way it works then. I just clicked on the Get Good icon and then selected "yes I have a pin" the site then brought up a page that said "download GMM for Pocket PC 6.0"

There was no warning about the incompatibilty and I did not have to input a PIN to get there. When am I supposed to get the warning that GMM does not work on my OS? I am not trying to be a smart a** but this just happened. I did not complete the download because I am already running it but it appeared as if it was going to let me. Will this also happen on the device running WM6 you mention above?
    I will definitely forward that on to the powers that be and see what I can find. The only thing I can think of is it is there for beta testers since your GMM admin is actually who decides what client gets pushed. That is (and conjecture here til I can find out) the installer stub, which is for WM6. Let me see what I can find out and thanks for bringing it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Yet that same AT&T exec would also have to be painfully aware that the remaining 750 market segment not using GMM, exponentially the majority, is watching the world go by, advancing to WM6 in multitudes of new hardware designs. To not release WM6 for the 750 is a blunder of biblical proportions, from a marketing standpoint. If, however, the Treo line of products is being intentionally marginalized by AT&T, then each of our scenarios makes perfectly sound logic.
    While I am not opposed to a little hyperbole now and then (biblical? ), I agree with your sentiment.
    What the hell is this now??? Is this a joke? I haven't checked this site in a while. WM6 is STILL not out? What's the current ETA? And what about the release of this "Treo 750 Refresh" which was supposed to support 320x320 resolution?

Man, if I treated my customers like that, I'd be done in no time.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

8.    #108  
    Never heard of a refresh. Yes WM6 will support 320x320 but the 750 screen will not and it would be a tall order to swap out a screen. Maybe the next Palm WM device will but not the 750. Even if Palm changed nothing but the screen they would probably call it a 900 or something...
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    While I am not opposed to a little hyperbole now and then (biblical? ), I agree with your sentiment.
    Where else did hyperbole originate?
    Never heard of a refresh. Yes WM6 will support 320x320 but the 750 screen will not and it would be a tall order to swap out a screen. Maybe the next Palm WM device will but not the 750. Even if Palm changed nothing but the screen they would probably call it a 900 or something...
    What's the current, rumored ETA of the upgrade if you know?

I have a beat-up Treo 650 w/320x320. Transferring that somehow to the 750 wouldn't work? I'd pay if someone could do that. That would ultra-hot.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

To not release WM6 for the 750 is a blunder of biblical proportions, from a marketing standpoint.
    It's my belief that only a few hundred of us even know or care that a WM6 upgrade is on the horizon for the 750. While WM6 will be a welcome upgrade for me and others, it will not make much of a difference to the thousands of non-power users out there. Those of us who are power users are also aware that ATT is about to drop a whole slew of 3G WM6 devices. My bet is that many of us will be switching to one of those and the 750 will be a distant memory (even though I love my 750). Then we will be back to the drawing board with Good saying they don't yet support any of the new devices. LOL.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    It's my belief that only a few hundred of us even know or care that a WM6 upgrade is on the horizon for the 750.
    Does this belief system of yours incorporate all the mega-billion$ worth of GMM users?
    After reading the last few pages, it si STILL my belief that Good is the cause of the delay. And it is a PALM decision, not AT&T. Maybe both, I guess.

PALM decided to put Good in their ROM. Contracted, paid for, etc. Legal reasons require Palm to leave it on the 750. Because of their agreement with Good OR the consumer.

While it may not be many, some consumers bought this device because of its Good compatibility. If Palm suddenly scratches it in a device upgrade, they can (and would) have a lawsuit on their hands.

You can't take an advertised feature out of a product in a device upgrade.
    Does this belief system of yours incorporate all the mega-billion$ worth of GMM users?
    Actually it is not near mega-billions of dollars. A little research on your part would discover a more reasonable number.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Actually it is not near mega-billions of dollars. A little research on your part would discover a more reasonable number.
    Then where is all the leverage to compel GMM 5 to be deliverable on-time to coordinate with WM6? The huge economic value of the Good/AT&T 'partnership' was the rationale used by you and friends to explain this away earlier in this thread.

A brief look at the past page or 2 would show that I've already addressed the $1.5MM [GoodGuy's rough figure].
    Then where is all the leverage to compel GMM 5 to be deliverable on-time to coordinate with WM6?
    By that comment I can only assume that you work for the government...maybe for the IRS or the state DMV. The things that should compel GMM to deliver on time are promises to their customer (remember, the release said they are the industry leader), ethics and pride of ownership. If everyone would honor those principles then we wouldn't have to have discussions like these.

A brief look at the past page or 2 would show that I've already addressed the $1.5MM [GoodGuy's rough figure].
    Then why would you come back with the mega-billions figure? I think you are confused.
    Last edited by conekkted; 09/20/2007 at 11:33 AM.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    PALM decided to put Good in their ROM.
    I thought it was just a link to download Good, the actual program isn't in the ROM AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK

...Contracted, paid for, etc. Legal reasons require Palm to leave it on the 750. Because of their agreement with Good OR the consumer.
    It's only the AT&T 750 that has this, there's no link or other mention of Good on the Vodafone and other branded 750's. Also WM6 updates have been released for Vodafone and 3, and Rogers have just released the 750 with WM6 pre-installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    It's only the AT&T 750 that has this, there's no link or other mention of Good on the Vodafone and other branded 750's. Also WM6 updates have been released for Vodafone and 3, and Rogers have just released the 750 with WM6 pre-installed.
    Exactly the point. WM6 has been released to the other 750 carriers but not ATT 750 users. So you have to ask yourself, what is different about the ATT 750 setup that is causing it to be delayed? Everyone knows the leaked ATT WM6 upgrade works great. That's where GMM comes in. I would like to hear anyone elses reasoning on why the other carriers have it and ATT doesn't.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Also keep in mind that the WM6 upgrade date has not even been announced...just speculation. Why wouldn't they at least announce a date when we all know it is ready to roll out any minute now? It's because Good can't give ATT/Palm any confirmed date on the 5.0 rollout.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    By that comment I can only assume that you work for the government...maybe for the IRS or the state DMV. The things that should compel GMM to deliver on time are promises to their customer (remember, the release said they are the industry leader), ethics and pride of ownership. If everyone would honor those principles then we wouldn't have to have discussions like these.

Then why would you come back with the mega-billions figure? I think you are confused.
    As I have previously stated, I never made the claim that super-mega-bucks were involved in the Good/AT&T 'partnership' [to use your term]. I simply followed your rationale to this recently vacated position. 'Follow the money' ... 'Good/AT&T Partnership' ... etc, etc.

Since when does government follow the principles of supply-and-demand?

Why continue to obfuscate the issue.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast