Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Dsol, the one response I can make to your post is absolutely yes, I have sent feedback to the powers that be regarding the communication, or lack thereof. Had this been the first occassion, I would let it go, however, you will notice that I have never defended the lack of communication regarding this or any other issue that I feel should have been better communicated. I am sure these words sound hollow to you and all the other Good users out there, but I do apologize for the delay, but more so in the lack of communication. I have done my best to post what I know (and what I can) regarding Good products, releases, etc., however, as sales, we are very often the last to know. Why, considering we are the front line between Good and our customers, I don't know, but I have seen it before in other organizations. Maybe it is just 'cause we sales people can't keep quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    So what was my "purpose" that you seem to have figured out?
    Nothing to figure out when your agenda is plainly laid out on the 1st page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Sorry Insidr, not trying to steal your thunder and take credit for pointing this out. I read the forum often but missed your post on August 20--credit to you for noticing. Regardless, hopefully with this thread title more will find out.
    Which was in response to:
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    "but the problem is that GoodMail is not compatible with WM6. Since they are a part of the release effort, Palm may be held up till the release of GM5.0 is ready. You've seen the ATT ROM, so you know it's out there."
    You didn't begin this thread to question or investigate or speculate. You began it to blame, period. Why shy away from your original intent now?

If I can borrow one of your favorite quips, "shame on you Lifes2short you should know better."
    Not sure where you lifted that line, but it certainly was not from me.
    For what it is worth I did an online chat with ATT and the agent said that they have a "projection date" of 10/21. I asked if the delay was because of Good Messaging and she said that was not the case. I also asked if the WM6 ROM flash would be compatible with Good Messaging and she said it is highly likely that it will but ATT is not certain.
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    For what it is worth I did an online chat with ATT and the agent said that they have a "projection date" of 10/21. I asked if the delay was because of Good Messaging and she said that was not the case. I also asked if the WM6 ROM flash would be compatible with Good Messaging and she said it is highly likely that it will but ATT is not certain.
    Scubaduba,

I don't doubt that you are stating what the online chat person told you but I would be extremely surprised if some customer service rep would have much inside knowledge regarding those details. As far back as about 2 months ago I had a rep telling me the release was coming anyday but I should keep checking back as there would be an announcement on their site. Here we are today and still no such announcement. As for the compatibility issue, we all know that GMM 5.0 is supposed to be compatible with WM6 and the current version is not--so essentially it will be, although it might be down the road.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Since Goodlink 5.0 is out, now what's the excuse?
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Since Goodlink 5.0 is out, now what's the excuse?
    From GMM's website it does not appear that it is acknowledged to be compatible with WM6 as of yet.

This is the current language from their site:

Good Mobile Messaging from an SD Card

Good Mobile Messaging Client for Palm OS Devices (5.0)
    Good Mobile Messaging Client for Windows Mobile 5.0 (5.0)
    Good Mobile Messaging Client for Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Edition (5.0)

As of right now they are only compatible with WM5--at least that is what they say. As soon as GMM acknowledges it to be compatible with WM6 then the they will have cleared the hurdle. However, I would guess that AT&T will want to give them a week or two to get it deployed before they release WM6. Keep in mind large corporate IT departments need to install the server software and configure the server to push out the 5.0 client version to all the users out there.
    But it certainly sounds like we are close.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT - News) today announced the immediate availability of Good Mobile Messaging 5. The new release advances the award-winning Good Mobile Messaging software and helps make mobile email more personalized and productive while enhancing IT control.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071001/aqm128.html?.v=13
    Seems you were close but unfortunately not close enough to the loop.

Thanks for letting all of us know as soon as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by helfand View Post
    Seems you were close but unfortunately not close enough to the loop.

Thanks for letting all of us know as soon as possible.
    It appears it was available for download on Friday night and the message I received from the PM was incorrect.
    Is Good doing its release announcements through Yahoo now? Seems like a waste of a perfectly good sales force.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    Is Good doing its release announcements through Yahoo now? Seems like a waste of a perfectly good sales force.
    Emails were sent yesterday to customers. We started with strategic accounts and went from there through our customer base. But I do appreciate the comment regarding the sales force.

Enjoy 5.0.
    So is there a place to download v5.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    So is there a place to download v5.0?
    http://www.good.com/download however, your admin will need to update your GMM server to get the new features on the client.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Dsol, the one response I can make to your post is absolutely yes, I have sent feedback to the powers that be regarding the communication, or lack thereof. Had this been the first occassion, I would let it go, however, you will notice that I have never defended the lack of communication regarding this or any other issue that I feel should have been better communicated. I am sure these words sound hollow to you and all the other Good users out there, but I do apologize for the delay, but more so in the lack of communication. I have done my best to post what I know (and what I can) regarding Good products, releases, etc., however, as sales, we are very often the last to know. Why, considering we are the front line between Good and our customers, I don't know, but I have seen it before in other organizations. Maybe it is just 'cause we sales people can't keep quiet.
    Are you kidding? Yes, that's precisely why you're the last to know.

Blaming "the powers that be" is a gimmick that marks you as a dissembling salesperson, and not a very good one.

Do your still-current employer a favor and give it a rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Are you kidding? Yes, that's precisely why you're the last to know.

Blaming "the powers that be" is a gimmick that marks you as a dissembling salesperson, and not a very good one.

Do your still-current employer a favor and give it a rest.
    (While my brain says to ignore the obvious troll, my heart says defend)

Please show me where I placed any blame upon anyone. Outside of that, until you deal with me one-on-one, in a customer/sales relationship, do yourself a favor and keep the unfounded, personal attacks to yourself.
    So far, what I have seen of GMM 5.0, I like. It is an improvement though it seems to have slowed down my phone. I am hoping that WM 6.0 will resolve that to some degree.

GG, does GMM 5.0 permit attachments? If so, where is the function to do it? I have been playing with it for 2 days now but, if it's there, I can't find it.

Thanks
    Helfland, when in the compose screen. Menu->Attach File. Your admin has to enable it, however.
    Folks.
    I think I now know the REAL reason WM6 hasn't been released for the Treo yet.
    I think that reason is so they could could release the Tilt as the first AT&T WM6 device. No joke, I think they really did manipulate the release of WM6 on all AT&T WM devices so the Tilt could be first.

Crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Sounds no more crazy than holding up the release for GMM.
    "AT&T Inc. has announced that the AT&T Tilt™, the most feature-packed smart device available in the United States, will debut exclusively through AT&T beginning Friday, Oct. 5. The AT&T Tilt is the first AT&T-enabled Windows Mobile 6 smart device and features an innovative slide-out QWERTY keypad design, a 3-megapixel camera, 3G data speeds from AT&T's UMTS/HSDPA-based BroadbandConnect network and complete global connectivity. Designed by HTC, the AT&T Tilt features a 2.8-inch color screen that slides back to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard, then tilts up to position the screen perfectly for reading and creating e-mail, browsing online, using applications or just playing videos and games. The AT&T Tilt supports Bluetooth® 2.0, which allows for up to six Bluetooth devices to be wirelessly connected simultaneously to the device and also supports Bluetooth Stereo.
    It's either that or marketing just used this coincidence for the press release.
    Haven't visited here for a while. It's October 7. What's the latest rumored ETA for WM6 for the Treo 750???
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Haven't visited here for a while. It's October 7. What's the latest rumored ETA for WM6 for the Treo 750???
    According to mobilitytoday podcast 96 December 2007
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast