Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 247
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    On a side note I would be lying if I didn't mention that it frustrates me to read about a number of upcoming enhancements/upgrades to their software so far in advance of a release that they openly discuss on their website. I think they could do a better job of communicating that their website touts features of an upcoming release that is currently in the works. To me the site implies those features are available today. I guess if you spend a lot of time on the site and look for an asterisk you will see it is a "future relase" but I think it is misleading. However, those enhancements will only improve upon a good software package for me and I certainly don't need them to use it effectively.
    I absolutely agree, Dsol, as do many others. Unfortunately, if you are in sales, you can understand how much weight sales and engineering have with marketing
  2. #202  
    GG,
    Do you still have confidence that tomorrow is the release date for GMM 5.0?
    Thanks.
  3. #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by helfand View Post
    GG,
    Do you still have confidence that tomorrow is the release date for GMM 5.0?
    Thanks.
    Until I hear otherwise, yes. As soon as I get go, no-go, I will post here.
  4. #204  
    From the Product Manager of GMM 5.0:

    "Release of GMM 5.0 is imminent. Final carrier certifications are underway and expected to be complete in the next two weeks. Formal communications on the release of GMM 5.0 will be available as soon as carrier acceptance completes"
  5. #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    Problem is that the "good" folks are as messed up as a gravy sandwich. I would be very surprised if they hit their Q3 target. There are a bunch of issues that still linger from the last release. They never really fixed the Palm OS bugs, which should have been a lot easier than WM.
    From Aug 31. 'nuff said.
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    From the Product Manager of GMM 5.0:

    "Release of GMM 5.0 is imminent. Final carrier certifications are underway and expected to be complete in the next two weeks. Formal communications on the release of GMM 5.0 will be available as soon as carrier acceptance completes"
    Geez

    One would have thought this would have been stated in advance of selecting 9/28 as a stated release date.
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by helfand View Post
    Geez

    One would have thought this would have been stated in advance of selecting 9/28 as a stated release date.
    As a clarification, 9/28 was never a stated release date.
  8. #208  
    This is from Good.com's web site press release:

    Availability
    Good 5 is expected to be available in September through cellular operators worldwide, certified value-added resellers, and directly through Motorola Good Technology Group. The software and service will support a broad choice of the industry’s most popular smartphones, running on both IBM Lotus Domino and Microsoft Exchange.

    Goodguy: Do you just choose to ignore facts? Perhaps you should get a job in the Bush administration.
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    This is from Good.com's web site press release:

    Availability
    Good 5 is expected to be available in September through cellular operators worldwide, certified value-added resellers, and directly through Motorola Good Technology Group. The software and service will support a broad choice of the industry’s most popular smartphones, running on both IBM Lotus Domino and Microsoft Exchange.

    Goodguy: Do you just choose to ignore facts? Perhaps you should get a job in the Bush administration.
    Smear-campaign, anyone?
  10. #210  
    GG, you should be a politician. You never stated a release date but, just yesterday, you continued to tout 9/28 as the release date.

    My point was that, as ignorant as I am as to how things work at Good, any ***** would have expected that the statement you listed late yesterday would have already been made (like two weeks in advance of the suggested 9/28 release date) internally.

    I would not have expected you to keep touting 9/28 as a release date if you had not yet gotten the kind of information posted late yesterday.

    I am stuck with GMM and, honestly, I generally like the program. However, support and customer relations, such as an ever ethereal release date on upgrades, just make dealing with Good a real pain.
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    Goodguy: Do you just choose to ignore facts? Perhaps you should get a job in the Bush administration.
    I think the key word is "expected" in the comments from the Product Manager. In my 10 year career as a PM, things continually happen that are outside of my control that shift launch dates around a few weeks (known as sh*t happens).

    Ignoring facts is not new btw, all politicians do it. Hope you don't expect anything better from Clinton part deux
  12. WDW
    WDW is offline
    WDW's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    #212  
    So what is the new expected target release date? 2 weeks from today? Again, very vague news from Good. They say, "Final carrier certifications are underway and expected to be complete in the next two weeks." Well what does that mean to us? We don't know Good's release process. Are we weeks away, a month away or more? Good's reputation would not be nearly as awful if they would simply communicate better to their customers.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    Version: TREO750-2.25-ATT
    WM6 Prof.
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    In short, a corporate email solution known as Good Mobile Messaging (GMM) which is owned by Motorola is the sole reason for the delay. They can't get their WM6 compatible software figured out so At&T has delayed the release.

    WDW pointed this out and references a few other posts. Bottom line is that those of you who could care less about GMM should know that they are the reason you are waiting!
    Clearly, this premise has been repeatedly shown to be false over the past 30 days since you started your campaign. Yet, the smearing continues without conscience or forethought. Think you're having an impact on the market?
  14.    #214  
    lifes2short, so how exactly was the premise proven to be false? Did I miss the AT&T release and I have been proven wrong?

    Seems that you spend all your time with commentary on other peoples thoughts. I am sure GG would be unable to make his points if you did not "clarify" his or slam everybody else who felt GMM might have something to do with the delay.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by helfand View Post
    GG, you should be a politician. You never stated a release date but, just yesterday, you continued to tout 9/28 as the release date.

    My point was that, as ignorant as I am as to how things work at Good, any ***** would have expected that the statement you listed late yesterday would have already been made (like two weeks in advance of the suggested 9/28 release date) internally.

    I would not have expected you to keep touting 9/28 as a release date if you had not yet gotten the kind of information posted late yesterday.

    I am stuck with GMM and, honestly, I generally like the program. However, support and customer relations, such as an ever ethereal release date on upgrades, just make dealing with Good a real pain.
    I received the email with the information last night at 5:50 PM and posted it as soon as I was able. The last information I received before that email was that the original target was still in place. I don't like this anymore than anyone else and I agree with the communication issues here. However, unfortunately, my hands are tied as to what I can and cannot say, especially now that we are part of Motorola.
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    I received the email with the information last night at 5:50 PM and posted it as soon as I was able. The last information I received before that email was that the original target was still in place. I don't like this anymore than anyone else and I agree with the communication issues here. However, unfortunately, my hands are tied as to what I can and cannot say, especially now that we are part of Motorola.
    I just want to thank Good Guy for his patience, support and continued information. Thanks (and ignore the crap some folks are giving you, I think most people really appreciate your time here, I know I have gotten a lot of great help from you in the past in the Good forums).
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    lifes2short, so how exactly was the premise proven to be false? Did I miss the AT&T release and I have been proven wrong?
    This was not the premise of your original argument. Your premise (your words) was "They can't get their WM6 compatible software figured out so At&T has delayed the release.". This despite WM6 working just fine with GMM. Keep re-reading the full thread until you get it.

    Seems that you spend all your time with commentary on other peoples thoughts. I am sure GG would be unable to make his points if you did not "clarify" his or slam everybody else who felt GMM might have something to do with the delay.
    Attack the messenger when you have nothing else to say on-point? Anyone who has seen this thread just once knows its 'purpose'. GoodGuy has a professional image to maintain and despite all the bait and taunts by your cadre of whiners, he's done a remarkable job. If only the detractors could be equally intellectually honest and stop the bull. Call me a dreamer.
  18. #218  
    I'm not trying to knock GG. My point was just that one would have reasonably thought the email he received at 5:50 p.m. would have already been out before Good gave him a date for release.

    My gripe isn't with GG, it's with the way Good does its business.
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by helfand View Post
    I'm not trying to knock GG. My point was just that one would have reasonably thought the email he received at 5:50 p.m. would have already been out before Good gave him a date for release.

    My gripe isn't with GG, it's with the way Good does its business.
    Agreed and, believe me, I don't take anything said here personally and I understand the frustrations.
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    This was not the premise of your original argument. Your premise (your words) was "They can't get their WM6 compatible software figured out so At&T has delayed the release.". This despite WM6 working just fine with GMM. Keep re-reading the full thread until you get it.
    So you are saying that GMM is compatible with WM6--you and I might think so but Good actually says the exact opposite and if you ask GG a question regarding using GMM on WM6 his reply will be "GMM is not as of yet supported on WM6 so I can't help you".

    So what am I missing? Seems to me that GMM as of today ( and based on the above recent posts likely for at least another 2 weeks) is not compatible with WM6--unless you count beta versions that nobody can get their hands on.

    So how would you now conclude that they are absolutely not part of the delay? You might indeed be right but until either GMM 5.0 or WM6 is released one can't say the other is wrong. Based on what GMM and AT&T have released since I started this thread weeks ago absolutely nothing has changed relative to any software release. All that has happened is a coupe hundred posts and some commentary..


    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post


    Attack the messenger when you have nothing else to say on-point? Anyone who has seen this thread just once knows its 'purpose'. GoodGuy has a professional image to maintain and despite all the bait and taunts by your cadre of whiners, he's done a remarkable job. If only the detractors could be equally intellectually honest and stop the bull. Call me a dreamer.
    Again, GG surely appreciates your speaking for him. On several occasions I have stated that GG is a great resource and his efforts are appreciated. Nobody blames GG for the part that GMM might or might not play in the delay. He has handled himself very well and hats off to him.

    Last evening he posted an email that stated essentially that the target date (a date identified as 9/28 by GG and "by September" on GMM's website and marketing materials) was not going to be hit. While I believe 100% that GG posted this information as soon as he received it I am guessing that somebody within the company knew in advance of last night that the date was missed well in advance of last night. Based on their statement alone that carrier certification is still required they obviously knew that 9/28 was not going to happen. They may not have communicated this to GG, but please acknowledge that making an announcement on the eve of a target date is not the most upfront way to communicate a software delivery date bungle.

    So what was my "purpose" that you seem to have figured out? I say it was some background on why this delay was indeed happening. You claim it was a smear campaign launched at GMM. Let's concede I used some harsh words such as "they can't get their act together and release their upgrade timely" and maybe that was over the top, but the bottom line is I am not the only one that believes GMM bears some responsibility in this.

    Maybe GG will go back to his superiors and claim he feels they could do a better job of communicating a release, or maybe he won't that is up to him.

    So a "cadre of whiners" is anybody who believes GMM has anyting to do with the delay I guess? And of course those of you who feel otherwise are simply stating truth and facts. If I can borrow one of your favorite quips, "shame on you Lifes2short you should know better."

    Once again, the situation has not changed one iota since I started this thread--there is no AT&T WM6 and there is no GMM 5.0 so all we can do is speculate as to why.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions