Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    What the heck, I cant seem to get my PDA to sync with my desktop via Bluetooth. Im using a Belkin BT USB adapter and have read different ways on the internet to do this, but none seem to work. I wonder why this is a new phone and still only has Bluetooth v1.2 (from spec sheet) I thought that only 2.0 supported the file transferring features? Correct me if im wrong. I have ActiveSync 4.5 on my Windows XP machine and I have WM5 on my Treo 750.

What is the best way to get them to sync when I am in vincinity of my PC? I want to be able to share files and sync to get emails, etc.. While im in the same room as my PC. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help in advance
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    has anyone done this sucessfully with the T750? from AT&T
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Check This: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=proxy

I use BT Activesync on a daily basis. I may be able to help if you have any specific ?'s shoot me a PM.
    - Jeff
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    I have the belkin f8t001 v2 adapter & the 1.4.2 build 10 drivers, I couldn't get to the "Bluetooth Configuration" screen, because the desktop icon "My Bluetooth Places" didn't work. And I also got the ominous "port is in use by..." message.

XP with SP2 was not allowing the belkin bluetooth usb dongle to load drivers, very frustrating.

Google this (it's on the belkin UK site) XPServicePack2andF8T001v2orF8T003v2.pdf

restarted, set it up and it works great now, hope this helps, good luck,
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    thanks I will look into it...

UPDATE: im not seeming to have a problem with drivers at all.. its just the connection between the phone and the computer so that link didnt help me all that much
    Last edited by ShuckyD; 09/05/2007 at 07:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    WOOHOO!!! After the format of my computer and a different BT Device, same kind just a Class 1 Belkin (i returned the one and paid the difference) I am now able to do ActiveSync's with my Treo. Now how do i make it so I can do file transfers, etc...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    you have to turn on Receive all incoming beams in order to receive bluetooth file transfer...