Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    god no! my mic crapped out on my phone! bah!!!!!

ok, what do i do?

If i take it into the store, is it something they can do a quick fix w/out having to do a hard reset? or do you think i'll need a new phone?

if i do need a new phone, do they replace it (no, i have no warranty...but the phone is under 1 year old) free of charge or what happens.

i've never taken a phone into sprint for repairs......so i'm a newbie. pop my cherry.......help me out pls!

dear lord.......gaaaah!
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Check mute button?? As a temporary fix see if BT / hardwire headset works. I believe no matter what you are going to have to do a hard reset to see if it is software related.

If you were Verizon just call customer service and they would walk you through a bunch of steps and do resets. When these don't work and you are under a year old they will send you a refurb unit as a replacement.

I am not sure what Sprints policy is but one would think that it is similar. Good Luck!!!
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Yes that could be a problem. Then he is stuck going to the store and having the tech tell him they don't deal with smart phones there and he has to call tech support. Quite a catch 22.
  4. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Have you recently had hardwired earphones plugged into your Treo by chance? If so, plug them back in and see if you can hear. Then remove them and see if that makes everything work as normal.....worked for me a couple of times and others as well.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    god no! my mic crapped out on my phone! bah!!!!!

ok, what do i do?

If i take it into the store, is it something they can do a quick fix w/out having to do a hard reset? or do you think i'll need a new phone?

if i do need a new phone, do they replace it (no, i have no warranty...but the phone is under 1 year old) free of charge or what happens.

i've never taken a phone into sprint for repairs......so i'm a newbie. pop my cherry.......help me out pls!

dear lord.......gaaaah!
    My sounds have been going out every few hours since I did the Sprint update- don't know why that should happen but it never happened before- it comes back with a soft reset, and I can hear everything with the hardwire earphones, even when the sound is out on the speaker (all sounds, phone, notifications, music, etc.) - really frustrating if I get a phone call- can't speak until after I soft rest and call them back-
    any ideas????
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    My sounds have been going out every few hours since I did the Sprint update- don't know why that should happen but it never happened before- it comes back with a soft reset, and I can hear everything with the hardwire earphones, even when the sound is out on the speaker (all sounds, phone, notifications, music, etc.) - really frustrating if I get a phone call- can't speak until after I soft rest and call them back-
    any ideas????
    Ideas..yes.

Call customer service from a landline or use a bluetooth headset. See if you can add insurance on the phone....
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Ideas..yes.

Call customer service from a landline or use a bluetooth headset. See if you can add insurance on the phone....
    Hehehe...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    If the phone is under 1 year, you should still have the manufacturer warranty on it, so even though it's a pain in the **** to send it in and wait for it to be sent back, at least it's covered.

It's probably a software problem, so backup and hard reset. Also try the plugging in a headset and unplugging (repeat it a few times with varying amounts of wiggling), since the Treo has a buggy headset port.

Worst comes to worse, your microphone did actually fail, but Palm should replace it. If not, Sprint should for less than $55, but I don't know what Verizon's policy is.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Walked into an authorized sprint repair store to see what they'd say-
    the guy listened to me and didn't even blink an eye- checked that I had insurance and said they'll have a new phone for me in 3 days- I should come back in and swap it-

didn't even look at the phone

easy 'nuff...
    I had the same problem.. When my 700wx was a 2 weeks old, the mic just crapped out. I took it to a sprint store and the tech. confirmed it was a bad mic. I think they told me it would be a $15-30 fix. Don't remember exact amount but cost wasn't much.

I got lucky with my situation beacuse I knew someone and got a brand new 700wx.
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    Winner of the "Worst Thread Title Ever..." award