1.    #1  
    Well, it's that time of the year again for football. I'm in a fantasy league and we use cbssportsline.com and there is a mobile section with is supposed to allow you to make changes to your line up, check scores and other misc things. Has anyone been able to get the mobile section to work? When you send the text it spits out a link to http://wap.sportsline.com , I log in and then there are only two links there and it keeps giving me the run around. I know you are probably saying to yourself, contact CBS Sportsline you *****. Well I would if I could find a damn contact link anywhere on their site. They have a help/knowledge section that is a complete joke. Anyways, I figured I'd try hear to see if anyone has figured out how to get it to work. I am aware of Football Companion but I'd rather not sign up for any more monthly fee's if I don't have to. Thanks for any advice you may have! Oh ya, might help if I tell you a little bit about my device. It's a AT&T branded treo 750, it is locked so I'm on AT&T's network. I'm running WM (too much of a chicken sh@t to install WM6) and I think that's about it.
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
  3.    #3  
    creamy3, I tried that but it doesn't work either. I click on the FTSY, log in, and it reads Fantasy and the header reads Select Fantasy League but the ony choices are Free Sports Alerts and CBS Sports Home. I just want to be able to log into the damn site and see my fantasy football team score. I shouldn't have to buy their stupid software and get an additional monthly fee from AT&T to be able to do that. Pisses me off.
    hmmm, that's odd. after I log in my league & team come up as options to click on. could it be because my league costs money? are you paying for your league? mine is $125. I don't know what else it could be. good luck.
  5.    #5  
    creamy3, yes we do pay for our league. I think it's $120 or $130, something like that. Is there something you had to set up on your fantasy account? By this I mean did you log into your fantasy account on your computer and change a setting that allowed it to be viewed on a mobile device? I wonder if this is something that our commisioner has to do. Let me know if you had to do anything special.

Thanks!
  6.    #6  
    Also, are you with AT&T? I'm wondering if this may make a difference, although I wouldn't think so. If you are with AT&T, is your connection set up as wap.cingular or isp.cingular? Mine is wap.cingular, I have an unlimited data plan and I have not messed with any of my connection settings.
    Last edited by wookiee2cu; 09/06/2007 at 03:37 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Well, I heard back from Sportsline, this was their response.

Unfortunately we do not support Blackberries, Palm Pilots, PDA’s, Sidekicks or Smartphones on any of our wireless services at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

This was a product that we used to offer in recent years and no longer is available. We have no information on whether this service will be available again or not as of now. In any case we are truly sorry for the inconvenience that this issue brings you. Feel free to check the website periodically for new updates.

Thank You for visiting and preferring CBS Sportsline.com,

It's funny that they say it is no longer available. When you log into your account on your computer and click on Mobile it lists the CBSSportline Mobile which is free (the one I sent my question in on) and Fantasy Football Companion. They even allow you to enter your phone number for the free mobile version and it sends you a text message with a link to their wap site. So, I don't know what the heck is going on with them.
    Over the past 5 years or so. I've used some form of CBS Sportsline mobile for my league. Yes, we pay. Every year it sucks. Their servers are ALWAYS overloaded until about week 7 of the season when people lose interest in their teams.

Or the mobile site works fine when no games are on then, game time, servers stop responding. No way to check your score from your phone.

This year I have a Treo 755p with Sprint and this year it sucks again. I already pay for the site $130 plus I have unlimited data plan from Sprint so why the hell should I pay for Football Companion?

This link gets me close, but I often get an htlm error.
    http://cbs.volantis.net/sportsline/

When I access it and it is behaving it seems to work ok. But the scoreboard doesn't breakdown stats. It only shows total points per player after you go into that team.

I haven't been able to bookmark the live scoring page.

Also, yesterday the website from my MacBook Pro had one score after all the day games were done and the 'mobile' site had a different score. I think it was off by one point.

Basically, get ready to be frustrated every time you try to use any form of cbs mobile.

I wonder how the iPhone renders the page with Safari? Seems like it might actually work...
  9.    #9  
    looter, I'm able to log in with the link they provide in the text message CBS sends to me and also with the link you mentioned. My problem is that once I log in, it does not list my team. The only links are Free Sports, CBS Sports Home and logout. My team is listed no where. So, I'm not able to view any of my team info. It really irritates me that they do this. My phone is plenty capable of viewing the regular site but that redirects me once it realizes I'm on a mobile.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by looter View Post
    Over the past 5 years or so. I've used some form of CBS Sportsline mobile for my league. Yes, we pay. Every year it sucks. Their servers are ALWAYS overloaded until about week 7 of the season when people lose interest in their teams.

Or the mobile site works fine when no games are on then, game time, servers stop responding. No way to check your score from your phone.

I wonder how the iPhone renders the page with Safari? Seems like it might actually work...
    Same problem here (with my Moto Q)... The site has worked fine except on game day. In past years, I paid for Fantasy Football Companion for my standard java phone, and same thing-- application worked great except on game day, presumably because the traffic (predictably) spiked up. CBS is underestimating demand for mobile access in every respect.

As for the iPhone, the whole LiveScoring javascript page does work...

http://flickr.com/photos/44124369108@N01/1355990061/
    sbono13,
    Damn, iPhone looks good. Will Palm ever see Firefox Linux if their new OS ever sees the light of day?

wookiee2cu,
    I navigated to the mobile page with a real browser from my computer to try to figure out the page furthest into the login that I could bookmark. If I bookmark to far in, I get a html 500 error if I try to load the page later.

Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    Same problem here (with my Moto Q)... The site has worked fine except on game day. In past years, I paid for Fantasy Football Companion for my standard java phone, and same thing-- application worked great except on game day, presumably because the traffic (predictably) spiked up. CBS is underestimating demand for mobile access in every respect.

As for the iPhone, the whole LiveScoring javascript page does work...

http://flickr.com/photos/44124369108@N01/1355990061/
  12.    #12  
    looter, no matter if I click on a link to get the page or enter the web address manually on my phone, I still end up in the same situation. I don't get any page errors or anything, I click on the FTSY, log in and then it takes me to another page where there are only those 3 links, my team is not listed anywhere. It is very annoying!

sbono13, that's cool that the iphone will display the site. A guy at my work has one and I was messing around with it the other day just to check it out. I was a little surprised when I went to a website that had .wmv videos on it, the phone wouldn't play them. I didn't think apple would be stupid enough to not allow the phone to play .wmv files since it's a very common format used on a lot of websites but I guess I was wrong. I was kind of thinking about picking one up but that was the last nail in the coffin for me. I know there is software to convert them but that defeats the purpose of surfing the web on your phone. I did a quick google search to see if it was possible and didn't see anything, I may be wrong though.... wouldn't be the first time.
  13.    #13  
    Just thought I'd give an update since I finally got it working and thought it might help others. I have an AT&T branded 750 which is locked and is running WM5. I installed the java emulator Risidoro Intent MIDlet Manager and Opera Mini (not mobile). The address I'm using to access the site is http://www.sportsline.com/fantasy/ . The links are a little hidden on the pages though. Once you get to the home page, log in (note after you enter your user name and hit ok, the page appears to go white, just hit your down toggle button then go back to the top of the page... same thing for password). Then scroll about 3/4's to the bottom of the page, you will see a heading which reads FANTASY WRITERS, scroll down until you are below the picture and you will see a section that reads More Fantasy Football, select the link that reads Fantasy Football Coverage. Again, scroll about 3/4's of the way down and you will see a red banner across the page that reads SOCRES, right below that you should see the name of the team you are playing and then the name of your team. After your teams name you will see a Gm that is in blue and is a link, select the Gm. Scroll down this next page and you will see all of the scores and if you scroll down a little more you will see the stats and scores for your opponents players and then yours.

Now, you can change your line up but it is a little tricky and takes some trial and error. On the live scoring page, start at the top and press your right toggle button about 5 times. You should see a section in white that reads Live Scoring. Right below that there are links My Team| Stats|Players....ect., select My Team. On the next page scroll almost half way down and you will start seeing the players where you can activate them or reserve them. Scroll down to the player you want to make a change for (I recommend reserving a player first other wise you start getting notifications about illegal line ups and what not). Select the Active/Reserve box, a new page will load and choose which action you want and hit the center button of the toggle pad. As soon as it goes back to the previous page, hit the Stop button (soft key right above the red phone button). Now scroll down to your reserves and decide who you want to activate. Follow the same steps and as soon as it goes back to your lineup page, hit the stop button again. If you do not hit the Stop soft button it updates the page but does not make the changes and you will notice that the status will be changed back to what it originally was. After you have made your changes scroll up or down and select the Set Lineup button, this will make the changes.

I have noticed that after logging in, when I scroll towards the bottom of the page and select the Fantasy Football Coverage link, the correct page doesn’t load. Hit the back button and select the link again, this may take a few attempts. I will see an advertisement now and then and Mini doesn’t allow animated gifs so the page just sits there. Hope this is helpful to someone.