1.    #1  
    My boss has a Verizon 700wx and for his work laptop he's only wanting to update the Treo and not the laptop.

I know this was possible with the Palm Desktop app for Palm OS (atleast back in the day it was an option), but I couldn't find a way to do this with ActiveSync.
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
    My boss has a Verizon 700wx and for his work laptop he's only wanting to update the Treo and not the laptop.
    Are you trying to have your desktop overwrite your Treo when sync conflicts occur?

After the ActiveSync connection is established you need to look for "Manage Partnership" on the desktop side, what to do when a conflict occurs can be configured there.

In Vista's Windows Mobile Device Center this option can be found under Mobile Device Settings. ActiveSync on XP has something similar.
  3.    #3  
    Not just when there are conflicts, but I believe he wants it that way for anything.

For example, if he creates an appointment on his Treo he does not want it to show up on his laptop but if he creates an appointment on his laptop he does want it to show up on the Treo. Not just for appointments though, for everything.
    I do not think that this is possible with Microsoft ActiveSync. But I think there is a 3rd party synchronization tool (which needs M$ AS installed), which does what you ask for.
    Intellisync is a 3rd party tool that probably has that functionality. But now it has been acquired by Nokia.

Check into this.
    Will this do it?

Mark an appointment as private
    If other people have access to the Outlook calendar on your PC, you may want to mark some appointments you create on your device as private. In this way, after you next synchronize your device with your PC, others won't see details of the appointments.

Tap Start > Calendar.
    Tap the appointment you want to mark as private.
    Tap Edit and in the Sensitivity box, tap Private.
    Tap OK to return to the calendar.
    From
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ointments.mspx
    Can't you do this somehow:

- Get a paid hosted Exchange service for OWA (Outlook Web Access)
    - Have your desktop Outlook sync to your OWA
    - Disable syncing between AS/Treo and your desktop Outlook (uncheck in options)
    - Use OWA hosting to sync with Treo (push email/contacts, etc)

The only thing I'm not sure about is getting the desktop Outlook to sync with OWA, I know on the free plans that's not possible, but what about the pay ones?

The idea then is this:

Make appointment/contacts/tasks on desktop --> syncs to OWA --> pushed to Treo

Treo does not sync with Desktop app, since you disable it in AS.

Possible? --> http://services.mail2web.com/Busines...ange/plans.asp
    Last edited by Malatesta; 08/30/2007 at 06:36 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Yes, when you setup a new partnership it lets you pick the tiems you want to sync. I have one pocketpc that sync's nothing that I use just to copy files to the device. If you already have a patnership setup just go to tools, options and uncheck the items you do not want to sync.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by serchend View Post
    Yes, when you setup a new partnership it lets you pick the tiems you want to sync. I have one pocketpc that sync's nothing that I use just to copy files to the device. If you already have a patnership setup just go to tools, options and uncheck the items you do not want to sync.
    I know about that, but that isn't what he's wanting it to do. He does want it to sync items, but just like a one way sync instead of both ways.

I'll let him know what his options are, thanks guys.