Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have a question for the board. What are your thoughts on Agenda Fusion, Agenda One, Today's Agenda, Pocket Informant, or Agendus? Which one is the best to you and why? Also do these sync up with SPB Mobile Shell? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I used the PIM apps on Palm OS for years. These were nearly perfect for my needs. They did enough and were really easy to use. They had elegant simplicity. Very quick and easy to add or change things.

Then when I switched to Windows Mobile I nearly went insane trying to find something that could match the Palm OS PIM apps. I used Pocket Informant for awhile, but eventually found both it and Agenda Fusion to be overkill. Just way to complex. I used Pocket Breeze for a long time and it was nice. However there was still some mental block when I just wanted to whip out the device and quickly add a future appointment or check something. Just not as simple as I wanted still.

Of course the built-in apps are simple, but I think they are too simple. Doing things with categories is just a pain and they aren't labeled differently. The forms for adding new things are just stupid as well.

I recently tried Agendus but just really didn't like it on the 700wx screen. It didn't seem very polished or easy to navigate at all. Especially the new task screen....oh my.

All that said, I finally found Agenda One. I'm sold. It is simply the best PIM solution I've found on the WM side of things. I can configure it similar to what I'm used to from Palm OS and it adds a lot of flexibility w/o being overblown. Also, the new appt/task screens are very quick to navigate. I really really like it, and it makes me feel better about my move to WM.
    opposite experience
    I used the pim palm apps for years and hated them. every one I tried had weak functionality. Windows stuff is completely tied together. Get an email from someone, click on their name boom up comes all contact info, history, and a million other things that no pos app I ever used did. Then there's the limit of 16 categories on pos. POS is pos.
    I love pocket Informant. It's a tad overwhelming when you first start using it, but once you get the hang of it, it's an incredibly powerful application and infinitely customizable with fonts, layout, colors, sizes, rules, icons.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    nlowhor: Agenda One is what I was looking for, thanks for your writeup.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Interesting. The built-in Palm PIM apps were always just enough for me. Any Palm OS 3rd party apps were overkill. I guess it just depends on your needs. I'm a 3-4 category person and don't do anything terribly complex. Just need simplicity and ease of use.

Pocket Informant is certainly very powerful though.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    opposite experience
    I used the pim palm apps for years and hated them. every one I tried had weak functionality. Windows stuff is completely tied together. Get an email from someone, click on their name boom up comes all contact info, history, and a million other things that no pos app I ever used did. Then there's the limit of 16 categories on pos. POS is pos.
    I love pocket Informant. It's a tad overwhelming when you first start using it, but once you get the hang of it, it's an incredibly powerful application and infinitely customizable with fonts, layout, colors, sizes, rules, icons.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Glad to help. I'm really enjoying Agenda One. I'm about halfway though my trial. I guess I'll have to pay up here pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 700p_isaheadache View Post
    nlowhor: Agenda One is what I was looking for, thanks for your writeup.