Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On the Palm website, the official update for Windows Mobile 6 is available to Vodafone (750v) customers. No word yet on the Non-branded version, althought sources tell me that that will be the end of September. Which I really don't like, since I own a unbranded one. However, for the 750v owners, have fun! Post your results?

Click here for the update!
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    *deleted*
    Hope they'll provide a german rom soon..

Btw, does a generic rom contain all languages or are there special roms for each region?
    I have an unbranded phone as well though I have flashed with the Voda ROM and removed the extended ROM.

Kind of makes you feel second best The unbranded model should be the easiest update for Palm to release since they don't have to do any carrier customisations on it.
  5.    #5  
    I think it probably has to do with contracts or so, the Vodafone 750 was available first and some time later on the unbranded version appeared. So the update is probably finished, but is held back to provide Vodafone customers first.
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
    Gonna update tonight now that this is official. Woo hoo.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Could anyone give me the update.
    I have a 750v french version and I am unable with my serial to download it.

Thank you
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    smmonla - you'll have to find out which version you have VFE or VFU (go to settings, about, phone and it'll show you)

I too will update it when i get home tonight, i'm downloading both versions now and can upload them later if needed.
    This might be a silly question. I have an unlocked 750v, will I be able to use this update? Will it lock my phone again?

Thanks for your help.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Can whoever does the update post the OS version info so we can compare it to what was leaked?

TIA!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    One big problem I see with this ROM is that its not compatible with BBconnect. Not sure if they will make BBconnect available for WM6 750v's in the future but IMO its a gross oversight to not have BBconnect compatibilty worked out before rolling this ROM out to folks. Granted, I'm a AT&T 750 user where the BBconnect software doesnt work but if I was a Vodafone user, I would really be pissed about this major flaw in the offical ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Can whoever does the update post the OS version info so we can compare it to what was leaked?

TIA!
    The heck with that....I want someone to hack it so that I can load it on my unlocked Cingular 750! C'mon all you techies....get'r done!
    I'm in Canada and bought my 750v Vodaphone branded unlocked version from the UK. Tried downloading the update but message said "this phone already has downloaded this updater once". Anyone who can offer any solution is appreciated. I tried to find a no. to call for help but Palm does not have a no. listed for Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post

TIA!

firmware: 1.47.02.00
    software: 2.18-VFE
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhleong View Post
    I'm in Canada and bought my 750v Vodaphone branded unlocked version from the UK. Tried downloading the update but message said "this phone already has downloaded this updater once". Anyone who can offer any solution is appreciated. I tried to find a no. to call for help but Palm does not have a no. listed for Canada.
    Try with a slightly different serial number.
    What is bouild number of this rom?

I have leaked Voda rom and I have this same firmware number :/

Any other differences?
    This update does me absolutely no good. I'm on AT&T.
    If I have time, I'll try to get the update tonite and let you know how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by bhleong View Post
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    firmware: 1.47.02.00
    software: 2.18-VFE
    I upgraded last week using the leaked Vodafone on XDA.

My firmware number is the same: 1.47.02.00
    But my software version is: 1.13-CNG

Can anyone explain if the leaked ROM is the same as this official one?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast