Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not being a guru it doesnt sound the same as your SW version ends in CNG (Cingular)

Quote Originally Posted by dok_indo View Post
    I upgraded last week using the leaked Vodafone on XDA.

My firmware number is the same: 1.47.02.00
    But my software version is: 1.13-CNG

Can anyone explain if the leaked ROM is the same as this official one?
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    I'm on official 750v WM6 and it seems fine. I'm syncing my hotmail and I was given the option to not sync and merge my live/hotmail contacts. And HTML Live hotmail is very cool. It's missing a blue theme though.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    Not being a guru it doesnt sound the same as your SW version ends in CNG (Cingular)
    Did some more digging and according to some folks on XDA, the software version is just a registry key. Apparently, if you update via SD card using the cheeimg file, the registry key is not changed.

More importantly, it seems the offical ROM doesn't fix the low backlight bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    The heck with that....I want someone to hack it so that I can load it on my unlocked Cingular 750! C'mon all you techies....get'r done!
    OK, poof, it's done. =) You can install either one on your Cingular phone. I'd go with the VFU, since that's what I installed and has given me no problems.

However. The OS itself and the Palm customizations (dial lookup, etc) are bit-for-bit the same as the leaked ROMs. The only differences I've found so far are the carrier database, and the bootloader (although the bootloader may just be a version number increment - functionally it appears exactly the same as in the leaked ROM).

What does all that mean? It means there's very very little difference between the leaked ROMs and the released ROMs. I suspect the official ATT release will prove the same as it's leaked version.

We'll have cooked ROMs in the not so distant future but I can't commit to a timeframe just yet.

One more thing I should add - the Voda ROMs have zero non-Palm customizations with the exception of the Vodafone splash screen shown when the radio is cycled.
    Last edited by summiter; 08/29/2007 at 07:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summiter View Post
    OK, poof, it's done. =) You can install either one on your Cingular phone. I'd go with the VFU, since that's what I installed and has given me no problems.

However. The OS itself and the Palm customizations (dial lookup, etc) are bit-for-bit the same as the leaked ROMs. The only differences I've found so far are the carrier database, and the bootloader (although the bootloader may just be a version number increment - functionally it appears exactly the same as in the leaked ROM).

What does all that mean? It means there's very very little difference between the leaked ROMs and the released ROMs. I suspect the official ATT release will prove the same as it's leaked version.

We'll have cooked ROMs in the not so distant future but I can't commit to a timeframe just yet.

One more thing I should add - the Voda ROMs have zero non-Palm customizations with the exception of the Vodafone splash screen shown when the radio is cycled.

Ok, after upgrading from the Cingular rom to the Vodafone rom I get the following:

Software version Treo750-1.13-CNG
    Firmware version 1.47.02.00
    CC-Cap VFG-VUK-013
    Carrier DB 261

Is there a way to upgrade the Software version from Cingular to Vodafone?

Also, my carrier DB is 261 and thought it should be 284?
    I tried to update tonight, downloaded the software, and when I started the Updater, I get the message "Unsupported Device Update" This update intended to support Palm Treo750v Smartphones to the latest software. It is not intended to update the device language or other devices.

Bummer. Any ideas? I have an unlocked Vodafone branded 750v.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I tried to update tonight, downloaded the software, and when I started the Updater, I get the message "Unsupported Device Update" This update intended to support Palm Treo750v Smartphones to the latest software. It is not intended to update the device language or other devices.

Bummer. Any ideas? I have an unlocked Vodafone branded 750v.
    You need to start the updater, then look in your temp directory for the cheeimg_fw.nbh file. rename that file to cheeimg.nbh and copy it to your sd card. Then insert the sd card back into the 750, hit the ptt and reset button and you will see the update happen. (At least that's how I had to do it).
    I'm using the Official Palm Updater. I made a mistake initially and thought that I had the Vodafone UK version, VFU, but I have the Netherlands or Ireland one, which is VFE. I was the able to download the right updater, and start it. It copies the files then craps out when executing the update, as the Sync disconnects for some reason. I am using Vista Home Premium with Windows Mobile Device Center.

It got stuck early in the update and Hard Reset my device. I tried 3 times.

Damn.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summiter View Post

I have an unlocked Treo750 from Telstra (provider here in Australia) but I use my Vodafone SIM on it and it works fine, apart from the Tesltra splash screen when turning the radio on and off.

I am not clued up regarding the differences between carriers, whether or not it makes a difference.

Can I use the Vodafone update? I actually just tried to download it and it asked for a serial number and when i entered mine it said error.. :-(

My current version is: TREO750-1.15-ROW
    Last edited by jho51e; 08/30/2007 at 12:26 AM.
    Ok, got WM 6 on my Vodafone 750v, yeah! (750v Branded Went from 1.15VFE to 2.18 VFE, Firmware 1.47.02.00)

Have to make sure that you are connected via USB but ActiveSync or WMDC is not running.

I got some error messages during the process, but ignored them and it worked.

Trying to Sync again and its taking a while so working on that.
    I am using my Vodafone branded 750v on Rogers here in Canada and it worked fine. You have to make sure that your device is either a Vodafone UK device (1.12 VFU or 1.16VFU or a Vodafone Holland or Ireland (1.15VFE or 1.16VFE) as is described in the Installation Instructions. It says that Generic Non Branded ones 1.16 RWE are coming soon. So it seems based on the above that the updater wont work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jho51e View Post
    I have an unlocked Treo750 from Telstra (provider here in Australia) but I use my Vodafone SIM on it and it works fine, apart from the Tesltra splash screen when turning the radio on and off.

I am not clued up regarding the differences between carriers, whether or not it makes a difference.

Can I use the Vodafone update? I actually just tried to download it and it asked for a serial number and when i entered mine it said error.. :-(

My current version is: TREO750-1.15-ROW
    One weird change. Before the update, my connection was G, now its E.

One unwelcome change. In WM5 from the Today screen, when I selected email with the lower left button, it brought me straight to my default email account, and all I had to do was select New.

Now, when I press the email button, it brings me to a screen that offers either my deault email account or to create a new email account. So I then have to select my default email account and then select New. Why would they add this extra stuff. How often are you going to add a new email account?
    I have got a 750V in Italy.
    My software version is
    TREO750-1.12-VFI
    Do you have any idea whether I can use the updates VFU or VFE?
    Last edited by claudioc66; 08/30/2007 at 04:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    What's weird about it. Your Treo 750 has GPRS and Edge for data.
    WM5 is able to use either but will use Edge (the faster one) when
    it's available. WM5 just neglected to report the distinction between
    GPRS and Edge.

WM6 properly reports when it is able to use Edge. If you go somewhere
    that GPRS is available but not Edge, you should again see your "G"
    (and get slower transfers alas).
    This might be a silly question. I have an unlocked 750v, will I be able to use this update? Will it lock my phone again?

Thanks for your help.
    Does anyone have an answer to this? I have an unlocked Vodafone UK Treo 750v- I have downloaded the upgrade patch, but I am slightly scared to run it, as I don't want the phone to be re-locked!

Thanks.

kkqd1209

PS: This is my first post, so apologies if the answer is rather obvious!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

One unwelcome change. In WM5 from the Today screen, when I selected email with the lower left button, it brought me straight to my default email account, and all I had to do was select New.

Now, when I press the email button, it brings me to a screen that offers either my deault email account or to create a new email account. So I then have to select my default email account and then select New. Why would they add this extra stuff. How often are you going to add a new email account?
    In your email. Go to Menu -> Tools -> Options and unselect "Display account picker when opening inbox". This should take care of the added email navigation step.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Go Email->Tools->Options->and untick the box re: account picker and it will work the way you want it to.
    -Jeff
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I updated using the bootloader method (been pressing the wrong key that's why my other attempts didnt work!) and now have WM6.. It has changed my splash screen from Telstra to Vodafone which I dont mind since I am using a Voda sim..

I dont see the E on my network but do see 3G and H.. I am assuming H is HSDPA?

My software version remains TREO750-1.15-ROW
    I just installed it on my 750v from Hong Kong without a problem. Definitely snappier. I have a question though. Most of my 3rd party programs are installed on my Storage Card. They are still all there, but now they do not show up in the Programs window in WM6. Do I have to reinstall all these programs, or is there an easier way to get WM6 to recognize them from my storage card? Sorry for the noob question, and thanks for any help.
    I am using my Vodafone branded 750v on Rogers here in Canada and it worked fine. You have to make sure that your device is either a Vodafone UK device (1.12 VFU or 1.16VFU or a Vodafone Holland or Ireland (1.15VFE or 1.16VFE) as is described in the Installation Instructions. It says that Generic Non Branded ones 1.16 RWE are coming soon. So it seems based on the above that the updater wont work for you.
    Same as Naftalim, make sure you use the correct version (VFU or VFE). Thanks to you treo fans, I was able to download the VFU version and the installation went without a hitch. The radio icon now shows 3G whereas in wm5 it showed G.
    Was actually surprised by Palm's good service. They returned my query the next day with a solution - I need to use their generic sin no. i/o of mine to be able to download. Too bad Palm's sluggishness in offering products. Over the years owning various Palm products, I find their service is second to none!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast