1.    #1  
    I want to change my ringtone directory from the \windows\ring to storage card. I found in these forums where to change the registry path but that didnt work and i'm unable to find any other solution. Has anyone successfully change the path?

If so could you please post on how we can do this?

Thanks
    -Dave
    First off, did you do a soft reset after making the registry tweak?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    First off, did you do a soft reset after making the registry tweak?

Yes Sir.
    What is a hard/soft reset????
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by missy View Post
    What is a hard/soft reset????

A soft reset is when you just take the battery out or use the soft reset option if you use the program SPB Pocket Plus

A hard reset is when you pull the battery out and put your stylus in the little hole and power your phone back up and reset everything to its factory state.
    Hmmm... I'm not sure then as the registry key should have been reloaded with the new directory info on soft reset.

The only other thing that I can think of is if the path contains spaces and it isn't enclosed in quotes that may cause a problem (it does on desktop Windows anyway...)

Sorry...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  7.    #7  
    Hmmm... I'm not sure then as the registry key should have been reloaded with the new directory info on soft reset.

The only other thing that I can think of is if the path contains spaces and it isn't enclosed in quotes that may cause a problem (it does on desktop Windows anyway...)

Sorry...
    what program does everyone use to take snapshots of their phone? That way i can snapshot it and post what it looks like.
    I use the Windows Mobile PowerToys app titled Remote Control to use my phone from my desktop, take a screenie of said app and crop the image in Fireworks.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

9.    #9  
    I use the Windows Mobile PowerToys app titled Remote Control to use my phone from my desktop, take a screenie of said app and crop the image in Fireworks.
    that wont work for me as i'm using a treo 700wx and its giving me errors

I may be a moron. Does this need to run on the say storage card of my treo?
    Last edited by praetorian; 08/28/2007 at 02:07 PM.
    No but you do need to drag the appropriate file out of the apps directory on the desktop over to the Treo. There are instructions on the site, I believe. After you drag the files over, the error will still come up but pressing OK will bring up the connected application.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

11.    #11  
    thats strange no matter what i change the directory to its still looking in windows\rings could there be another path somewhere?
    It's possible. I'll look around if I get some time.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

13.    #13  
    It's possible. I'll look around if I get some time.
    yea i'm looking as well and am not having much luck.
  14.    #14  
    I think i found my solution and if i have to pay the 17 dollars for it, its worth it.

https://www.motionapps.com/mring/_treo700wx.jsp

So far this does what i need and then some. I like how i can schedule what time i want what ring setting such as silent, mute, etc.