1.    #1  
    Before, when I typed in keywords on the Today screen search field (search set for google) and hit enter, it would open PIE and take me directly to the google results. Now it merely takes me to google.com. Something must have changed, and I cannot figure it out, and have not been able to find the answer here. Any tips as to how to get back to that functionality I had? Thanx.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    happened to me also. Something changed with google maybe because the other option works.
    Try this modified Today search plugin, perhaps it still works:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132916
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a solution? I keep getting the mobile version of google also.
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
  5.    #5  
    I don't care what version I get, as long as I get the results in one step, as before. No one has answer how to do this, or why it changed?
  6.    #6  
    UPDATE: my 700wx went back to working with that original functionality. I did not change any setting, had given up on it working the way I wanted. Oh well.
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    So is it still giving Google mobile search results or has it gone back to giving Google desktop search results....?
    I didn't know you could set your "today" screen to do a google search. Where do I make that setting?

Thanks,
    Tom
    that search choice for the Today screen is only on Sprint devices. VZ devices only allow Google (another inane decision by those brilliant minds at VZ).
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    So is it still giving Google mobile search results or has it gone back to giving Google desktop search results....?
    It's actually gone back to giving RESULTS IN ONE STEP. I don't know which is which when it comes to PDA and desktop Google). But all of you have misunderstood my original question. Which was I could originally (and now again) simply type a keyword in the Today Screen, hit the ENTER button, and IE would open up with results ready to be clicked on. Then a month ago when I clicked ENTER, IE would open with Google, but apparently with my keywords ignored, and I'd have to re-enter them and re-search. It went back to the way I like it, and that's good enough.

How would I tell the difference between PDA and desktop Google?
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    The search results look like it would on a desktop & not the mobile version. Also, in the web address,you'll see it say something like google.com/m = mobile.
  12.    #12  
    OK was able to see a difference. Apparently I get google/pda version. But I got back what I wanted, so I'm fine.
  13. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    What had changed though is that some of us edited the search bar to display only google desktop search results & it no longer works because Im assuming google made some type of change to their site so we now receive only mobile search results.