1.    #1  
    Hey all, I'm new to the forum here but long-time member over at HoFo. I wanted to come over here to ask you all a question, maybe you guys would know better and I did some searching and couldn't find an answer to my question. I currently have a T-Mo Dash, but I am looking for something to replace it with a touchscreen and keyboard on the front, not the slide out keyboard a la wing/8525. I really like the Treo 750, but I don't have any experience with unlocking phones and bringing them to other networks. Has anyone brought a 750 to T-Mo and if so, any problems or does everything work great (except 3G of course)? Also, are there any new Treos in the pipeline with GPS and/or WiFi? Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Numerous regulars on TreoCentral use a 750 on T-Mobile.

Check out eBay for many offers for the required unlocked models.
    I just did a search using the keywords "treo 750 unlocked new"
    and 22 popped up. Several BuyItNow choices starting as low as
    $400 (shipping included).

You may also wonder about upgrading this WM5 model to WM6.
    Some posters here are also doing that and successfully use T-Mobile
    as well.

And if you want WM6 on that unlocked Treo 750 pre-installed, I
    noticed adding "WM6" to the previous 4 keywords still came up
    with 4 all BuyItNow for $455 (including shipping).

As nice as the T-Mo Dash is (particularly with Wi-Fi), I
    agree the Treo 750 is the better choice.

For getting the missing Wi-Fi, though, I've yet to hear
    consistent success although with WM6 there appears
    to be better luck with the Spectec.

Me, I don't miss Wi-Fi too much... Edge on T-Mo is
    fast enough usually - and far more available than Wi-Fi :-)
  3.    #3  
    Looking back on it, I guess I really don't utilize the WiFi that much and I could live without it and edge is definitely fast enough for the minimum browsing I currently do, just usually when I'm bored waiting around to pass the time. Is there a mini SD GPS reciever that works well with the Treo or do you have to use an external BT one? Right now it's btwn the new Blackberry 8820 (wifi and gps) or the Treo 750 (wm5 touchscreen)..i love my windows mobile I've had it since forever but the wifi and gps built into the blackberry is so tempting...

and edmc thanks for the really thorough response greatly appreciated
    I have the 750 on AT&T and I have a sidekick on tmobile.. my 750 is unlocked.. the thing is I live in north carolina where they don't offer tmobile so I use a outta state num for my tmo account.. and I roam off cingular.. I was wondering since I roam off cingular would I be able to get 3g speeds if I roam on cingular with my 750 on tmobile?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I've had my 750v on TMo for well over a year now and have WM6 (going to update to the Palm version that just came out tonight) and i've never had any issues with the network besides me setting up network connections or MMS settings. Besides that, the phone works just fine. The internet is slow, but since i've never had a 3G phone or ever messed around with one (i live in Orlando and i'm not sure if we're 3G yet) i don't really see any issue with the speed of the internet. The touchscreen comes in way handy and so does WM6 over the standard edition. Much more robust and easier to use IMO.

If you're in the market still in about a month or so, hit me up.....i'm going to buy the Tytn II and will most likely sell this phone for that....or i might keep both, lol....i haven't decided yet.
  6.    #6  
    Hey manaz, just dropped you a PM. let me know what you decide to do, thanks!
    Hurley, I am on T-Mobile and I have a Dash and I also have an unlocked/unbranded Treo 750. Both work just fine.

Wanna make a deal for the 750? It is a warranty replacement, and I got it about 10 days ago. Bought the first one from mobileplanet.com.
  8.    #8  
    Does anyone know why T-Mo doesn't carry any Treos? Or any info on future Treos on T-Mo?
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hurley81388 View Post
    Does anyone know why T-Mo doesn't carry any Treos? Or any info on future Treos on T-Mo?
    no WIFI and its a smartphone, T-Mobile won't carry it. Blackberry's are a different story though. its really lame too.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    TMobile did carry Treos, the 600...but after having it i think TMo decided not to continue the contract (per say)with Palm. I was told way back that it didn't go well with either company.....so my TMo rep told me when i brought my 650 over from Cingular. After that they discontinued any support for Palm products......and technically the Treo is a Pocket PC not a smartphone, difference is PPC has a touch screen and smartphones do not.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm wanting to make sure I have the correct connection settings to access the internet on my unlocked 750 using the T-mobile network. Can someone tell me what settings they have?

I'm trying to figure out what the access point name should be, as well as, whether or not there's a username and password for the t-mobile network.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    T-Zones: wap.voicestream.com
    T-Mobile Internet: internet2.voicestream.com
    T-Mobile VPN: internet3.voicestream.com

For all three, no Username/Password/Domain

My understanding is that your plan - unless you have just "T-Zones" is either
    "T-Mobile Internet" -OR- "T-Mobile VPN", not both unfortunately...

Also, simply using DHCP ("Use server-assigned IP address") and DNS ("User server-assigned addresses")

For "Select a modem:", use either "Cellular Line" option in the pull-down. Alas, the "3G" part of the 2nd one doesn't help us on T-Mobile :-(...

Finally, if you have more than one "Modem" configured, you can select which one will be used
    exclusively - or just select the "Auto pick" if you don't care. Me, I have "T-Mobile Internet"
    selected and it works just fine.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edmc View Post

Also, simply using DHCP ("Use server-assigned IP address") and DNS ("User server-assigned addresses")

For "Select a modem:", use either "Cellular Line" option in the pull-down. Alas, the "3G" part of the 2nd one doesn't help us on T-Mobile :-(...

Finally, if you have more than one "Modem" configured, you can select which one will be used
    exclusively - or just select the "Auto pick" if you don't care. Me, I have "T-Mobile Internet"

Good luck!

Thanks alot! Got mine working just fine!
    SO, i have been using my treo 750 to access internet with G displayed through T mobile. About 3 weeks ago, I could not access the internet. The phone stops at "opening..." and does not go beyond this. The error message I receive is "Error 502 - Bad Request. The server could not resolve your request for uri: /"
    I checked this forum for all ways to rectify this problem and I entered all the info required: wap.voicestream.com, etc. but still the problem persisted.

Today I decided to upgrade my WM5 to WM6 hoping that this problem will go away. WM6 rocks! However, I still experience the same problem. Anyone knows how to resolve this annoying problem?

BTW, when I was using WM5, G displayed upon connection, but with WM6, E displays. I heard T mobile is an E speed.

Will appreciate your help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edmc View Post

Good luck!
    Hello, Can anyone give a step by step instruction to setting up the regular internet on tmobile. I have tried many times and seem to fail. Also, if anybody can give any pointers on the picturemail part, that would help a lot.

Never had a ppc before and have no clue how to make this thing work correctly.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    What worked for me was changing my proxy settings....instead of having 216.155.165.050 i dropped on zero at the end to 216.155.165.50 and it works fine now! I too was getting the same error message and the TMo website was telling me to enter the first number. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Deshrave View Post
    SO, i have been using my treo 750 to access internet with G displayed through T mobile. About 3 weeks ago, I could not access the internet. The phone stops at "opening..." and does not go beyond this. The error message I receive is "Error 502 - Bad Request. The server could not resolve your request for uri: /"
    I checked this forum for all ways to rectify this problem and I entered all the info required: wap.voicestream.com, etc. but still the problem persisted.

Today I decided to upgrade my WM5 to WM6 hoping that this problem will go away. WM6 rocks! However, I still experience the same problem. Anyone knows how to resolve this annoying problem?

BTW, when I was using WM5, G displayed upon connection, but with WM6, E displays. I heard T mobile is an E speed.

Will appreciate your help. Thanks
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    This thread has good information
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126930

Quote Originally Posted by ccassity View Post
    Hello, Can anyone give a step by step instruction to setting up the regular internet on tmobile. I have tried many times and seem to fail. Also, if anybody can give any pointers on the picturemail part, that would help a lot.

Never had a ppc before and have no clue how to make this thing work correctly.