1.    #1  
    When I was with sprint i purchased a treo 700wx. I recently moved and do not have any service with sprint and was forced to change to vzw. I am wondering if there is a way to make that phone work with vzw since they also offer the treo 700wx. The guy at the store told me no but could not give any reason as to why it could not be done. I am not sure if they use the same type of network or if the guy was right. Thanks for all the help in advance Mike
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Verizon = CDMA
    Sprint = GSM
    Verizon Store Reps = Stupid

Nope, sorry, ya can't do it. That sucks though... best I can say is turn to eBay. I got my 700w used, & broke it quite a few times, didn't pay for insurance, & guess what? I'm on my 4th phone. Go used... sell the Sprint one & buy a VZW (if you must go VZW)

Also, ya might (might... I'm not so sure about this) be able to use Cingular with this... they have GSM also. That might be something to try...

Good luck
    LongLivePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    Verizon = CDMA
    Sprint = GSM
    Verizon Store Reps = Stupid
    Ummm... Sprint is not GSM. It's CDMA.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    Ummm... Sprint is not GSM. It's CDMA.
    Got to him right before I did!

I wish sprint was GSM... then we would have sim cards (mmmmmm sim cards)

<.< eh.. even as cdma we someday may have ruim.. :-\
    even though both Sprint and Verizon are CDMA, they have a hard and fast rule that they don't activate any phones but there own.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Technically, the phone can work on their network since they are both CDMA and on the same frequencies. However, neither Sprint or Verizon will activate a phone's ESN not originally allocated to their network. There are rare cases where a rep will do it, but they generally won't stick their neck out for a customer like that.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Why not just sell the Sprint 700Wx, which can still fetch upwards of $250 or more (depending on condition and accessories included) and use the proceeds to buy the Verizon 700Wx?

I assume you'd be a new Verizon customer, so you wouldn't be spending much more out of pocket anyway.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    You probably can get a free or cheap 700wx for being a new Verizon customer.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Seriously
    my bad... i look pretty stupid now...
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Well, you could try Verizon's automated activation... I dunno if it'll help, but the number is 1-877-807-4646
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    Seriously
    my bad... i look pretty stupid now...
    yes you do
  12.    #12  
    Thank you guys for all the help. Some one mentioned that my phone should go for $250.00. Where would you reccomend to sell it. The phone is like new no scratches or chips it was only used for like 3 weeks. and it also would come with a 2 gig sd card. and all the orignal cables, manuals, and packaging. I have tried to sell it on a couple web sites and have had no luck at all. again thanks for all the help.
    Post it in the marketplace forum here. If it doesn't sell here, Ebay or Craig's List or something to that effect is probably the best option.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I'm not saying this will work...and I have never read through the entire thread, but there seems to be a way of changing the device's ESN number. I also believe it is illegal, lol.

--> I Changed My ESN #!!!

ps Our server/software still stinks, so forgive the 503 errors

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    You could just look on ebay for a damaged treo 700w for VZW and swap the radios out, then you'd have an ESN that VZW would activate. You may need to put verizon firmware on.