Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I've got a cracked screen on a 700w (sweet story behind that one... rollercoaster fall ) & just thought you all might want to know that after talking with Asurion Insurance for a while, my claim was processed & all, but they are now out of 700w's for Verizon. You break your screen or something & have insurance, it's only a $50 deductible to get yourself a 700wx. That's all they've got to ship out now
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    well awesome, you'll get a wx (I know some people still struggling with the w)

so let me guess, Ceder Point? or somewhere else?

I thought I lost my treo on the Millennium Force... heh close call
    I was hit by a Gull (the local sea bird) on Millenium Force last summer.

It hurt.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post

It hurt.

O.O!!!!! I've never seen that happen before! eesh

were you ok?
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Unbelievable... not only did Airibis over there totally call where I lost it, but that's crazy because I think a bug or something smacked me face on the millenium as well. Not nearly as bad as a freakin' seagull, but it left a welt on my face. My phone was lost on the Raptor though... got it a few hours later after maintenance found it with no stylus or battery cover... working with the battery still in it
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    Unbelievable... not only did Airibis over there totally call where I lost it, but that's crazy because I think a bug or something smacked me face on the millenium as well. Not nearly as bad as a freakin' seagull, but it left a welt on my face. My phone was lost on the Raptor though... got it a few hours later after maintenance found it with no stylus or battery cover... working with the battery still in it
    Essh, the raptor is prone for looking things

I always like to take along that one friend who is completely scared of coasters and have them hold stuff like phones.. <.<
    you think this goes for VZW too? I am on my 4th W and the frickin' "s" key almost never works. I was thinking of sending it back to VZW and getting another w but my NE2 is up in November. I still wouldn't mind getting a wx for $50 though.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    It has to work for VZW, right? Sprint never had the 700w, only the 700wx.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm on Verizon... I dunno if Verizon itself has 'em, but the Asurion Insurance they sell has 'em...
    Last edited by LLC23; 08/28/2007 at 12:13 AM.
    LongLivePalm
    I received a WX as my fifth refurb replacement for my W's they sent it accidentally and actually asked me to return it so they could send me the correct model. Needless to say I didn't send it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post

It hurt.
    That's a big frigging bird to get hit by on a coaster. You're lucky you didn't lose something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    you think this goes for VZW too? I am on my 4th W and the frickin' "s" key almost never works. I was thinking of sending it back to VZW and getting another w but my NE2 is up in November. I still wouldn't mind getting a wx for $50 though.
    Get off VZW and jump to Sprint!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    If you've got a key not working, call them! That's how I got my first "w" refurb on my route to a "wx" back in December 2006. Don't forget about the "3-strikes" policy at VZW. You've got a legit issue. You should be given the choice of what ever PDA you want from them (that's what they gave me back at the end of last year). And as the original poster said, they're out of the "w", so come and join the rest of the WX happy owners! No extra contract time was added to my account for the upgrade.
    Bummer! i called in regarding being unable to get on EVDO and they sent out a 700w. (ticket was opened friday night).

I wonder if for the ones covered by warranty, if they still have the 700w?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Get off VZW and jump to Sprint!
    Believe me, the thought's crossed my mind. Everyone I know is on VZW so I'd have to double my voice plan to switch. Next year, when my gf's VZW contract is up I'm going to test Sprint out for sure.
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    If you've got a key not working, call them! That's how I got my first "w" refurb on my route to a "wx" back in December 2006. Don't forget about the "3-strikes" policy at VZW. You've got a legit issue. You should be given the choice of what ever PDA you want from them (that's what they gave me back at the end of last year). And as the original poster said, they're out of the "w", so come and join the rest of the WX happy owners! No extra contract time was added to my account for the upgrade.
    Dude, I hear ya. I am on my 4th W. The last time I got a refurb they offered to send me a brand new WX. However, they said I would have to sign another 2 year contract and void my NE2. Not worth it for almost 2 year old tech!
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"