1.    #1  
    just downloaded v5.1 from palm website. Does it save registry changes? My treo was 1 of the first batch to be released and has not been in for updates. i wanna take it in for that but want to save all my registry changes i have made on it. anyone know?
    I find Sprite BU to be the most worthless application I've ever used. There are better apps out there for this purpose. I just don't remember what they are at the moment.
  3.    #3  
    what didnt you like about it? since i have not had any problems yet
    I have had NO problems with Sprite Back-up or with the Restore...

The one time I had to do a hard-reset, which restored my Treo 700W back to day 1, I used the restore function of Sprite and my Treo 700W was again current to the last back-up (which was the day before).

It took about 10 minutes to restore.

I am definitely pleased.
    Sheesh...
    To actually asnwer the question, yes, it saves registry settings.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Sheesh...
    To actually asnwer the question, yes, it saves registry settings.

thank you thats what i was hoping to hear!
    I agree, had some funky$ss lock happen when I tried to sync this morning. Tried all sorts of stuff, every time I'd soft reset it would send me back to the activesync summary screen and lock up. Had to hard reset. Worked wonderfully, took me less time to restore than messing around to try and avoid a hard reset took me...plus, it's free.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    However, it's a very bad idea to save the registry, update the phone, and restore it. If you update with your own computer, you don't lose any data, so why exactly do you want to restore. I don't think reg changes'll change after an update... correct me if I'm wrong
    LongLivePalm
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    ....... If you update with your own computer, you don't lose any data, so why exactly do you want to restore. I don't think reg changes'll change after an update... correct me if I'm wrong
    doesnt verizon have updates or reflashes they perform(updating)on older units which fixes bugs. thats what i meant by update. i wanted to restore the reg. after a reflash(update) by verizon only to keep reg. hacks i currently have. If i restore my reg. hacks will it revert the phone to how it was before the reflash as far as bugs returning?

wow i can barely understand that. Bottom line, I want the 'bugs fixed' by verizon, but want to be able to have the reg. hacks back that ive done to the phone. ie.. keyboard lite, etc.
    .........thanks
    "The Device Upgrade Mode option will allow users to perform a restore to another device, or after performing a ROM upgrade. Please follow ALL the steps carefully to ensure a successful restore to your new ROM or device. You must be running Windows Mobile 2005 for Smartphone with Sprite Backup 5.1 or later to complete this operation."

That's from the support section of the Sprite web site. It's just what you want, I think.
    What version of Sprite comes with the 700wx CD ? Can't recall.
    The version available for free is 5.1, but the current version is 6.02.

I have had some issue with it (hardly flawless), but overall it has saved my bacon more than once and allowed me to switch between phones, too, though that was painful.

All files were copied properly, but oddball things like applications could not execute. I finally tracked it all down to... SBD Pocketplus apparently does not play well with Sprite Backup - at least version 5.1 - at least sometimes...

So, not perfect, but because I really know what I am doing, acceptable as a free backup solution. I would not pay for 5.1 as other, better, solutions exist.
    Are you talking about spb pocket plus. because i downloaded sprite backup last night and my treo 700 wx kept freezing in all types of applications. I kept having to do soft resets. Other programs i had were.
    tcmp with the flash bundle to play youtube and stuff
    memmaid (trial)
    mobi tv
    airscanner antivirus (trial)
    pocket mechanic (trial)

After doing a hard reset today I re-downloaded sprite backup and mobi tv. Haven't yet had time to see if it freezes. I'll see by tomorrow. I was thinking that it was just the sprite backup creating problems