1.    #1  
    Are there any reasons why there would be an increase in the number of dropped calls I've been getting? My signal strength is about the same as its always been. I've done a couple hard resets thinking it might have been software related, but it doesn't seem to matter. I did the 1.15 update too and it hasn't changed anything. My wife's Fusic will hardly ever drop a call, so I'm sure its phone-specific.

I've dropped my Treo a couple times, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

I just ordered a Q to try it and compare it to my Treo. I know there's a big difference there, but I just wanted to try a non-Palm phone to compare.

Has anyone else run into this before?

I noticed if I uncheck the "Receive all incoming beams" option that I'll get a little better RSSI reading, so I'm wondering if there's just some interference with something.
    I had the same problem when i had the WX, I went back to the palm (755p) and my problems went away, as much as i LOVE the internet browser speed and email on the windows version.

At the end of the day, the telephone feature was more important to me on the palm version.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
    I had the same problem when i had the WX, I went back to the palm (755p) and my problems went away, as much as i LOVE the internet browser speed and email on the windows version.

At the end of the day, the telephone feature was more important to me on the palm version.
    That's why I'm going to try the Q. I know its still WM-based, but I've heard that it is a phone first and a PDA second, and I need the phone more than the PDA features.
  4.    #4  
    I got my hopes up this morning. I rebooted the Treo and all of a sudden I had full bars and RSSI readings in the upper 70s. Then a couple minutes later it went back down to 1 bar with a reading of around 95
    Been having this problem for a while now with Sprint Perhaps it is related to the 700wx. Might try and activate my 650p and see what that is like. It would be good to compare 2 different Sprint phones to determine if it's a phone problem. If it is not sure what Sprint can/will do about it anyway. Major pain since I have bad reception in my house and work from home quite a bit. Missed a lot of calls and sometimes the phone is not telling me I have voice mails ! About 2 weeks ago I turned the phone off and then on again only to find out that I had 7 voicemails waiting for me !!! I really don't want to turn the phone on and off every day just to be sure if I have voicemails.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Been having this problem for a while now with Sprint Perhaps it is related to the 700wx. Might try and activate my 650p and see what that is like. It would be good to compare 2 different Sprint phones to determine if it's a phone problem. If it is not sure what Sprint can/will do about it anyway. Major pain since I have bad reception in my house and work from home quite a bit. Missed a lot of calls and sometimes the phone is not telling me I have voice mails ! About 2 weeks ago I turned the phone off and then on again only to find out that I had 7 voicemails waiting for me !!! I really don't want to turn the phone on and off every day just to be sure if I have voicemails.
    I'm almost certain its the phone because my wife's Fusic works fine. There's one place she will drop a call and other than that its been great. I'll report back how the Q works once I get it activated.
  7.    #7  
    I just got my Q today and I tried it out on my way home. There's usually 2 spots where my Treo would really start to break up or drop the call and the Q worked flawlessly in those spots, keeping 2 bars and a perfectly clear phone call.

I guess for now I'll be using the Q once I get used to things. I still love my 700WX for a PPC though, just not for phone calls.